onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Close to 51% !!!!

Robbie won't vote. Position is clear and he will not take sides to avoid damage to his PR.

This is all hype over the anti board vote. We spoke to two shareholders with 25k between them that were anti, but will now vote for. It does seem the none bias view is that the board vote is growing and only the hard core members are left in the battle. This is the real shame that the club will split one way or another.

Cheadle is a predominantly Stoke town anyway, so what would you know :razz:

Advert

I think you are wrong. I have been speaking to a business contact of mine at a recent conference, who let's say has done business with BGC (can't say anymore than that), he informed me that he is 95% sure that RW will vote against the board on Wednesday.

My business contact is a local person who is well connected in business circles as has contacts in various industries including, music and football, he is not a football fan but knows situation at Vale Park and knows I am a Vale fan. He came over to me at this recent conference and told me of this news as he has heard it from 2 seperate business clients both of whom dont know or nor have ever met each other, they both told him this as he is from Stoke and they though he would be interested.

So I can't be 100% sure, but I trust my contact so I am 95% sure that this info is correct so instead of scare mongering let's see what happens on Wednesday shall we..?

I love how the internet brings people together. I have heard the total opposite from someone in the music industry. I was told that the position is clear and it has not changed, if it does then it will be announced.

He did say that the emails are getting to the manager however they are just being deleted - again not sure on how true this is, however could believe it is the case as Port Vale is not high on the agenda.

Im not convinced that spam emails to the management is the way personally. Its clear that Pro board are gaining ground, you have to admit that. I know people who were for Mo, however now have changed their minds over it all. I know its not a Mo referendum - but the problem is that people view the whole issue as that.

Mo's comments in the Sentinel last night over the loan issue I don't think helped. Saying that, I think it will be close, but maybe not as close as some are expecting. 42% to 58% is my guess on the board vote.

I love how the internet brings people together. I have heard the total opposite from someone in the music industry. I was told that the position is clear and it has not changed, if it does then it will be announced.

He did say that the emails are getting to the manager however they are just being deleted - again not sure on how true this is, however could believe it is the case as Port Vale is not high on the agenda.

Im not convinced that spam emails to the management is the way personally. Its clear that Pro board are gaining ground, you have to admit that. I know people who were for Mo, however now have changed their minds over it all. I know its not a Mo referendum - but the problem is that people view the whole issue as that.

Mo's comments in the Sentinel last night over the loan issue I don't think helped. Saying that, I think it will be close, but maybe not as close as some are expecting. 42% to 58% is my guess on the board vote.

Missed you last night Mark?

Believe you me the correspondence is getting through to RW.

I’m not a betting man but if I was we will get more that 51% but the board will pull out their dirty tricks box.

And you would love all that to be true, wouldn't you?

Contacts in the music industry, eh?

You know as much as me...but at least I admit I know nothing!

The same management who we are frequently quoted as saying they don't want any kind of this publicity would surely want to keep it as low key as possible.

In the hope it gets swept under the carpet as much as possible rather than publically announcing it days before when you are guaranteed days long publicity upto the EGM, during and after. Surely it would be better to do it on the sly to minimise exposure, unless I've missed something?

I disagree, it's not clear. Anything but.

Honestly mate if you talk to people away from main users of this site it seems like people are starting to think the current board are doing ok and things are looking up.

Im not saying I agree with this statement, just saying what it seems like. I think part of this is down to the local media who are very positive of the board.

Personally what worries me is how some people are silly enough to try and ruin anything that the club is doing. I thought the idea was to win a vote on a fair and convincing argument for change, not trying to ruin everything and anything that the club is doing? After all we support the same club and the board is something that comes and goes ... well maybe on that one!

And you would love all that to be true, wouldn't you?

Contacts in the music industry, eh?

You know as much as me...but at least I admit I know nothing!

I do have a contact who told me what he did, however like I said in the post its great how these things conflict. I don't know if its true or not. I would say that it sounds logical though as if someone wanted to stir they would surly say he votes with the board?

I do have a contact who told me what he did, however like I said in the post its great how these things conflict. I don't know if its true or not. I would say that it sounds logical though as if someone wanted to stir they would surly say he votes with the board?

If you are right and the Board stays then I fear for the future of the club - but all this and more has been said already.

You think NLV are lying then?

Its clear that Pro board are gaining ground, you have to admit that.
I don't understand how any Vale fan can be pro board. After 8 years of failure under this board and relegation to the 4th Division, the club being run embarrassingly amateurishly, 5 minute phone vote to sack sinnott, hiring Dean Glover, Gannon etc.

Explain to me someone how can anyone be pro board!!! ?? I just don't get it??

Do you love finishing 11th in the 4th Division every season and like the idea of Vale being a small time club forever. ?? ???? :(:unsure::(:unsure::(

I am a pessimist by nature, seen too many bad things in life to expect good things to happen.... having said that I predict 53.5%..... against the board.... but only 65% to change the 24.9% rule.

I also predict some disruption/distraction/smoke screen by the board.... keep a sharp look out for wooden horses.

As an aside..... do we know how many shares have been sold since the board sent NLV the list of shareholders? and who to?

I agree that the board will lose but they still own 28% of shares even if they are on the board or not.A current director has to break ranks for the 75% to change the 24.9% rule.Will they care if they have been voted off or will they agree to the change.The change in the rule only suits them regarding the American package.

Archived