onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Not signed yet!!!

carpetman123

Advert

Why is it so important for Fans to have MA sign his contract? you are the ones who seem to be stressing out...Norman has said that its business as usual and they are speaking on a daily basis regarding signing existing players, new players (two in particular from the Championship)

Most players also are on holiday and everybody Managers, Players and Agents are assessing the deals offered at their own pace

Just dont get what the big deal is!!

Just relax, enjoy the summer and the World Cup and let all these things run their course....nothing kicks off till August stop as I said at the beginning....stop worrying everything will be alright!!!

Oh and Melv...my week is as long as I make it things happen when deadlines are set its called unforseen circumstances of which in football there are many.

Why is it so important for Fans to have MA sign his contract? :doh::laugh::laugh:

Could you enlighten us as to why both MA & NS both need to be in the same place at the same time so the contract can be signed?

Is it possible to sign the contract and then return it by e mail / fax?

I know they say the pen is mightier than the sword.But is this pen so mighty that it take's them both to hold the pen while while it is used to sign the contract.

Clearly Adams is a slow writer and needs help with holding the pen.

For all those who worry, a verbal contract is binding, and both Smurthwaite and Adams have made a verbal contract to sign the written contract and there are witnesses.

Clearly Adams is a slow writer and needs help with holding the pen.

For all those who worry, a verbal contract is binding, and both Smurthwaite and Adams have made a verbal contract to sign the written contract and there are witnesses.

Good luck with enforcing a verbal contract...

The thing that concerns me is that other clubs are busy signing up players while we are stagnant. Is this possibly because

1. The club are focussing their attentions elsewhere

2. Players won't commit until they know who will be the manager

Either way it's not the best situation to be in and it needs sorting quick but hang on - people are on holiday! Why wasn't it sorted before everyone went away then?

Come on, this is total spherical objects and a lesson in how not to conduct contract negotiations.

I really do think that this is very weak leadership from Smurf in my opinion.

In this day and age cant things be signed etc via fax or something similar when two parties cant get to together?? genuine question

Technically verbal contracts are binding in this country, except in land

Look at it this way... Micky is currently under contract to the Vale, he has done the retained list, he has organised the preseason matches, he is currently telling Norman New players he would like at the club. Both Micky and Norman seem really relaxed about things. OVF fans ask for reassurance so the next day that reassurance is in the Sentinel .... That's good enough for me I am off to the sun.

As far as I can see the only disappointment is the low ST sales and anyone saying they are not having a ST because MA hasn't signed a renewal of his contract yet needs to think how much more positive everyone would be if they bought their ST and just joined in creating a buzz the club deserves for its achievements since Norman arrived.

Why is it so important for Fans to have MA sign his contract? :doh::laugh::laugh:

Could you enlighten us as to why both MA & NS both need to be in the same place at the same time so the contract can be signed?

Is it possible to sign the contract and then return it by e mail / fax?

I know they say the pen is mightier than the sword.But is this pen so mighty that it take's them both to hold the pen while while it is used to sign the contract.[/quote

I would imagine melv that they would want to invite the media to the signing just to prove to all the doubters out there that he has actually signed it!!

Archived