onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stan Collymore

melv

Advert

It wasn't just this though that angered people. Screenshots of tweets have been sent out that alleged he used sectarian language towards Rangers fans, and told British troops they should **** off home out of Northern Ireland. He also pledged support for a united Ireland and an independent Scotland. He was also very insulting towards a former British soldier.

All those tweets were deleted by the morning mind you. I know the Rangers Supporters Club have reported the tweets to Talksport.

It wasn't just this though that angered people. Screenshots of tweets have been sent out that alleged he used sectarian language towards Rangers fans, and told British troops they should **** off home out of Northern Ireland. He also pledged support for a united Ireland and an independent Scotland

I disagree with him on much (probably all ) of that but so what..he's a right to say what he thinks and a right to make people angry. God forbid we should ever reach the stage where a broadcaster can't say what he thinks cos some people will get angered by his/her opinions. That would give politicians etc mucho opportunity to prevent criticism of them coming out

. He was also very insulting towards a former British soldier.

That's potentially personal and so a different matter but then again we're all entitled to insult people if that's how we feel about them

All those tweets were deleted by the morning mind you. I know the Rangers Supporters Club have reported the tweets to Talksport.

Fair enough..let's hope that if there is any investigation it's a proper one

JOHNNYAITCH ?

Originally Posted by PVFC764 - The Still's (previous bennies) still think they are british and have made a lot of money from their work there.

Jonnyaitch, This is a slang name the forces guys gave them. The local people who lived there complained that they were being called bennies, after the character from an early soap - Crossroads. So we started calling them still's after that. Still bennies.

so basically, the armed forces in the falklands used insulting terms to refer to the locals (i've never seen crossroads but from what i can gather 'benny' was a bit simple/backwards). i thought that's why we went to war in the falklands in the first place, to protect the british population on the islands? stan collymore seems to be getting a lot of vitriol for 'slagging off' the armed forces here, when it seems like the forces weren't above that sort of thing themselves when talking about the very people they were there to serve during the conflict. the whole thing is utterly ridiculous!

i'm not a collymore fan, by the way. guy's a total chump. just saying .....

Mucho difference between a light hearted bit of name calling and what SC has come out with and regardless of what the armed forces said about the locals they did what they went there to do, did it bravely and did it well..I'll excuse them a bit of name calling amongs the stress,tensions and fear they must have faced

Archived