onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 11th February 2014, Port Vale v Colchester, Pre Match, Match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

The Vale are an embarrassment at the moment

We're still tenth, I'm pretty sure Sheff Utd and Bristol City are more embarrassed to be where they are.

Yesterday was bad, but if you find that embarrassing try casting your mind back to defeats against Morecambe etc.

Perspective needed, I believe.

We're still tenth, I'm pretty sure Sheff Utd and Bristol City are more embarrassed to be where they are.

Yesterday was bad, but if you find that embarrassing try casting your mind back to defeats against Morecambe etc.

Perspective needed, I believe.

I dont remember saying Vale were the only ones to be embarrassing. Tis True that those big clubs are a total waste of space, and yes we have been crap against some poor teams in the PAST, but just because I'm older than God's dog doesnt mean I have to go on harping on about these stupid defeats ... I can just go back to the last 3 . 2 Nill up against a team and then go in for a nice cup of tean and some fruit cake and come out like soft puppies wanting their bellies rubbed. Go back to Gillingham where it is deemed acceptable for a Fat Forward to be marked at set pieces by our Centre Forward - On what planet its that right - The central defenders were doing ? Sweet FA. Pope is not a defender. For the last 3 games we have conceded 3 and on Staurday it should have been at least 6 ! Perspective needed ! I dont think so - Its supporters that are needed - and the stuff that is on offer at VP is putting people off going because they are embarrasing - But hey ho, you pay your money so you continue to worry about those 2 red and white teams. I'll worry about why we get less than 5k on Tuesday.

Well, I'm a paid-up season ticketer so I've given my support already for Tuesday.

The gate will be less than 5k, and probably would be even if we were in the top six.

Midweek crowds are always lower...chuck in unattractive opposition, on the back of a home defeat, and 22 sheets on the gate to get in and there's 3 good reasons why anything over 4500 will be a decent crowd.

Anyway, I'm not embarrassed to be a Vale fan.

Well, I'm a paid-up season ticketer so I've given my support already for Tuesday.

The gate will be less than 5k, and probably would be even if we were in the top six.

Midweek crowds are always lower...chuck in unattractive opposition, on the back of a home defeat, and 22 sheets on the gate to get in and there's 3 good reasons why anything over 4500 will be a decent crowd.

Anyway, I'm not embarrassed to be a Vale fan.

It's a fact that many people find it difficult to attend midweek games, doesn't make them less of a Vale fan and they still ache for a Vale win. I will be surprised if the gate gets over about 4,400 against Colchester (who will bring about 100) and it could be nearer to 4,000.

If we should lose, I can imagine there will be posts that say we doomed and heading for a relegation fight. This will not be true, but what is true is that we are in a bit of a confidence crisis and I would gladly settle for a 1-0 win similar to the Oldham game to build the foundations for a more settled period.

I suspect the match may end in a draw though, remember when we used to draw games ?

Go back to Gillingham where it is deemed acceptable for a Fat Forward to be marked at set pieces by our Centre Forward - On what planet its that right - The central defenders were doing ? Sweet FA. Pope is not a defender.

He is not fat, that's either daftness or blindness talking! ;)

Pope has come in for some unfair criticism recently but you can't defend him against Gillingham where 2 goals were his fault. Those who plead his defence constantly say say he's the best header of the ball we have and there is so much more to his game than goals, so it's logically to have him mark a dangerous aerial opponent. The defenders were marking other tall / dangerous players. He was given a job and in this case failed to do it twice. Crikey who would you like to blame instead, JMW, Griff, Dodds and Robertson it seems are always very easy targets!

If we play Lines, Knott and Loft in midfield then we either need Griffith in midfield or give Dickinson a try in front of the back four which is surely worth a try. My team would be:-

Neal

Yates, Grimmer, Davis, Jones

Dickinson

Lines, Knott, Loft

Williamson, Pope.

If the team are not working then Micky needs to think about changing things earlier than he normally does and not wait until it is too late. So many times you can see things going against us and Micky does nothing because the 70th minute hasn't arrived yet.

This is going to be another loss sorry guys.

Colchester are in decent form, are on the up and will beat us again.

Something is severely lacking or something has happened because we look like a shadow of the team that was 3 points from Rotherham not so long ago.

I know we've had some tough fixtures and teams around us have spent more money, but our inconsistency and poor defensive display week on week cannot continue.

I'm starting to look below us rather than at the top half of the table because if this carries on, and teams below us keep on picking points up....then come March we could find ourselves in trouble with the games on the horizon.

The worst thing is that crowds will suffer and the buzz is dying.

Well after saturdays very poor effort im going make a lot of changes.

Johnson

Yates Grimmer Duffy ( chilvers or davis )dicko

Birchall Loft Knott

hugill Williamson.Pope

Press them high up the pitch .

Dont let them settle hit them hard .

Vale fan in Alsager....

Are Duffy and Chilvers now 100% match fit?

Is Tom Pope now a wide right forward?

This is going to be another loss sorry guys.

Colchester are in decent form, are on the up and will beat us again.

Something is severely lacking or something has happened because we look like a shadow of the team that was 3 points from Rotherham not so long ago.

I know we've had some tough fixtures and teams around us have spent more money, but our inconsistency and poor defensive display week on week cannot continue.

I'm starting to look below us rather than at the top half of the table because if this carries on, and teams below us keep on picking points up....then come March we could find ourselves in trouble with the games on the horizon.

The worst thing is that crowds will suffer and the buzz is dying.

To be fair according to one of their fans Colchester haven't played for over 20 days, they've probably forgotten what a competitive game is.

To be fair according to one of their fans Colchester haven't played for over 20 days' date=' they've probably forgotten what a competitive game is.[/quote']

Im more concerned about our poor defensive play as was mentioned it the post you quoted than what 1 of the Colchester fan's is saying about not having played well.

Hugill has to start.

I think we should go 433, as 442 hasn't done it for us recently.

Neal

Yates Grimmer Davis Dicko

Lines Loft Knott

JMW Hugill Tomlin

Bring Pope on if narrowly winning, Williamson if chasing a goal.

Don't let Griff near Vale park.

Archived