onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

£10 charge to visit A&E?

For Us All

I wouldn't say it has failed..enormously expensive yes, but it has for decades provided effective and in millions of cases life saving treatment that was free at the point of need...so by what criteria has it failed?

Well my father died before his time (65) because nobody in the bloated useless mess of a health service bothered to tell his GP they had found cancer when they scanned him, he died two rot hree years later (I forget which) after receiving no treatment because he was never referred to an oncologist by his GP. In that time his cancer had spread unchecked throughout his body. We only found out he had cancer two weeks before he died, he saw an oncologist one week before he died. Unfortunatley due to the pressure from tumours on his brain he want aware of what he was being told so I guess technically he never knew he had cancer. The hospital did though, for three years and did nowt.

Its not an uncommon story.

The NHS is full of administrators and managers who simply wouldnt exist in a privately run company because they dont add anything. Doesnt stop them from mismanaging and losing stuff though, too many cooks.

Advert

The major problem with the NHS isnt money... its people.

The older the population gets the more they need but the less there are to provide it.

The NHS will never be able to cope with the demands put upon it by the people it was designed to provide for.... It is a balancing act that will always weigh heavy on the financial side.

If we banned all activities that put a strain on the service.... drinking, smoking, selling processed food, driving, sport, work, childbirth, old age, etc.... we may have a chance to provide the service everyone wants.

There are less to provide for it because there is high unemployment but I think the problems are more to do with the expensive layers of managment and administration which means less and less of every pound put in ends up being spent on actual care.

If they are not the same in terms of scope and funding they are different.....obviously

What would you propose as an alternative?

I propose we have a similar set up to America, where the service provided is much better.

I dont want to pay into a system where I have no choice even if the service is poor and I dont wnat to have to pay twice, by which I meant pay for the NHS through my tax and pay privately myself.

I want choice and I want a better standard of care than I am receiving currently.

The A & E crisis hitting hospitals all over the country could be eased if the paperwork burden was eased on family doctors, says UKIP health spokesman Louise Bours. Link supplied-:

http://www.ukip.org/a_e_crisis_hitting_hospitals_could_be_eased_if_paperwork_burden_was_eased_on_family_doctors

There is too much paperwork in both the police and NHS, only there to justify the many middle management administrative functions I suspect.

I propose we have a similar set up to America, where the service provided is much better.

I dont want to pay into a system where I have no choice even if the service is poor and I dont wnat to have to pay twice, by which I meant pay for the NHS through my tax and pay privately myself.

I want choice and I want a better standard of care than I am receiving currently.

The problem with that is I would guesstimate people would pay about £1 per week less in tax but have to find £60 per week per person for health insurance [previous estimate above]... if you can afford £60 per person per week why arent you doing it? not directed at you

We would have to consider that any system would have equate equally no matter what people earn or the state of their health otherwise we recreate a class system.

You have my sympathy about your father, I had a similar problem with my mother and angina but the hospital did notify the doctor but the doctor misfiled it, it wasnt until I obtained a copy of the letter that he even looked for it... she is still alive although she has suffered from other mistakes.

I do agree with your top heavy administration comments.

The A & E crisis hitting hospitals all over the country could be eased if the paperwork burden was eased on family doctors, says UKIP health spokesman Louise Bours. Link supplied-:

http://www.ukip.org/a_e_crisis_hitting_hospitals_could_be_eased_if_paperwork_burden_was_eased_on_family_doctors

There is too much paperwork in both the police and NHS, only there to justify the many middle management administrative functions I suspect.

And you know what Carl? The same applies in politics with its many layers of 'administration'. Maybe UKIP can change that too?

The problem with that is I would guesstimate people would pay about £1 per week less in tax but have to find £60 per week per person for health insurance [previous estimate above]... if you can afford £60 per person per week why arent you doing it? not directed at you

We would have to consider that any system would have equate equally no matter what people earn or the state of their health otherwise we recreate a class system.

You have my sympathy about your father, I had a similar problem with my mother and angina but the hospital did notify the doctor but the doctor misfiled it, it wasnt until I obtained a copy of the letter that he even looked for it... she is still alive although she has suffered from other mistakes.

Your numbers are totally wrong. We pay about 30 pounds a week each for our top of the range insurance plan. There are cheaper options but on that basis you pay a bigger share of the cost of treatment.

Theer is admittedly a lot of guessswork involved but I suspect we would be better than £1 a week better off if we werent funding the NHS and the cost of private care would vary depending on a number of factors, age etc.

I think would rather pay more and get better than have no choice. I would pay for private care if I wasnt already paying for the NHS, why should I pay for the NHS if I believe that the service is so poor It puts me off using it and forces me to consider private care?

And you know what Carl? The same applies in politics with its many layers of 'administration'. Maybe UKIP can change that too?

Which is another reason I am in favour of ditching the EU, we dont need two parliaments and we certainly dont need to pay for two parliaments. either ditch one or ditch the other I say :yes:

The nature of Politics is not something you can make comparison with to the Health service. The health service is not a business it is a lifeline for our British society.

If you do want to cut out needless red tape in politics then we certainly need to get out of the EU, which undermines our freedom, quality of life and security.

Theer is admittedly a lot of guessswork involved but I suspect we would be better than £1 a week better off if we werent funding the NHS and the cost of private care would vary depending on a number of factors, age etc.

I think would rather pay more and get better than have no choice. I would pay for private care if I wasnt already paying for the NHS, why should I pay for the NHS if I believe that the service is so poor It puts me off using it and forces me to consider private care?

would you be in favour of a staged introduction? anyone under 35 [say] has to take out insurance anyone older stays on NHS with same government funding..... and support people who couldnt get/afford the costs?

The nature of Politics is not something you can make comparison with to the Health service. The health service is not a business it is a lifeline for our British society.

If you do want to cut out needless red tape in politics then we certainly need to get out of the EU, which undermines our freedom, quality of life and security.

It has to be looked at with a business eye otherwise it becomes an abyss instead of a black hole

Archived