onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheap Vale tops

tsproston

Advert

Pray tell, what should he do oh wise one.

Your advice is obviously good judging by the £10k weddings you said we should be holding at Vale every week of the year.

My advice is the same as it has been since we were taken over by smurf. He needs to employ an experienced chief exec who has knowledge of marketing, hospitality, retailing and football. A Jez moxey but a lot cheaper.

Smurf is like the frank spencer of commercial decisions.

We will easily loose the salary of a chief exec this year in poor decisions.

At the end of the day we are a football club and we are 2 players off from a serious promotion challenge yet all talk is about shirts and shops surely it should be what happens at 3 o clock Saturday afternoon .

Think it's time for smurf show some ambition and back MA instead of white elephants like superstore s and other shops which will do minimal business

Sorry but that's completely illogical. We cannot add any more players because of the Fair Play Rules. We know that because the League told us.

So, unless we sell players/get lucky in the cup/get a new investor in we're pretty much stuck.

However, one way we could get more money is by increasing revenue.

The idea of revamping the club shop/adding one in Hanley was to increase revenue (if operated properly of course).

Increased revenue could enable to get more players

What's "white elephant" about that?

Sorry but that's completely illogical. We cannot add any more players because of the Fair Play Rules. We know that because the League told us.

So, unless we sell players/get lucky in the cup/get a new investor in we're pretty much stuck.

The idea of revamping the club shop/adding one in Hanley was to increase revenue (if operated properly of course).

Spot on

My advice is the same as it has been since we were taken over by smurf. He needs to employ an experienced chief exec who has knowledge of marketing, hospitality, retailing and football. A Jez moxey but a lot cheaper.

Smurf is like the frank spencer of commercial decisions.

We will easily loose the salary of a chief exec this year in poor decisions.

Is this the person who could bring in half a million in weddings alone? Maybe someone who runs a make believe 200 billion company could do it? Bet you think that wildes was great too don't you?

Just to clear things up a bit,av been the Vale shop up Hanley to buy me Plymouth F A cup ticket then nipped in Sports Direct shop,yes they are selling Vale tops BUT at full price and NO I wonner gonna buy a shirt on the cheap ;)

It's a Sports Direct WEBSITE that's apparently selling them at reduced price. The Sports Direct shop price doesn't really have any relevance here ;)

Rob with Vale fans it astounds me how many people have a passionate viewpoint on something they know so little about

Is this the person who could bring in half a million in weddings alone? Maybe someone who runs a make believe 200 billion company could do it? Bet you think that wildes was great too don't you?

I've opened up a thread where posters can tell us who they work for and what they do..this is wereskint's big chance to impress

Another fine example on this thread of people absolutely clueless about how the club generates income and how commercial link ups with other business work. If you have an opinion make it one based on fact or at the every least supported by some form of example of what you are discussing. White Elephant and not supporting Adams comment being a prime example and being one of the daftest things i've heard in months given then its been widely publicized that the club cant add anything to the squad as we are the at financial cap and need to generate more revenue to expand the squad. I mean why invest in things to improve our revenue streams for years to come?

Another fine example on this thread of people absolutely clueless about how the club generates income and how commercial link ups with other business work. If you have an opinion make it one based on fact or at the every least supported by some form of example of what you are discussing. White Elephant and not supporting Adams comment being a prime example and being one of the daftest things i've heard in months given then its been widely publicized that the club cant add anything to the squad as we are the at financial cap and need to generate more revenue to expand the squad. I mean why invest in things to improve our revenue streams for years to come?

Thumbs up from me! :thumbs:

If you track back andy regs I have never said I run a 200 billion pound business. If so post my quote where I did. I do work for such a business but I as I have said am only responsible for delivering 40 million of it across 14 stores. I have a lot of contacts in corporate hospitality wedding shows. Meeting planning. I do not want any form of employment by port vale I have a very well paid job I just want smurf to recognise he can not do it alone he needs a chief exec.

Archived