onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf Tweet

butt lane vale fan

Advert

I said just after last christmas that we would not last without a CEO and was widely berated by most. 250 k wasted on a new shop that houses very little to offer and is still run in exactly the same unprofessional way as the last one. The corporate side should be pulling in 500 k from weddings alone and a further 1 million from events .Tommy's should have been re vamped and should by now be a 7 nights per week family venue. With the closure of most clubs in sot a family venue with entertainment must be viable. I still also think we should have given a market / car boot a go small return but every little helps.

In short smurf has tried to save the 60k salary of a CEO and paid out a million quid. Don't know how you made your money smurf but it can not be on the back of any form of business or commercial prowess. Just hope we can beat Salisbury and get a plumb draw or I think the budget for next year may be two bob and a conker with players sold

No,you got laughed at for applying for the job on OVF and thinking this was where you could provide 'advice' for smurf. People kept asking if you had actually gone through the normal channels that such a person with expertise would do, but you kept on rambling. Then there was the £200 billion company you ran! Is £60k the going rate for such a substantial business. And 500k for weddings? That's a £10k wedding every week! And they aren't going to get anywhere near that for a venue in burslem. Where would they extra £1 million in events come from on top of what they already do, especially considering weekends are booked up with weddings! And Tommy's is never going to be a 7 night a week venue.

The match day experience is what you make it never have a problem in enjoying it !!

I would imagine that the match day experience from the vales perspective is to maximise the amount of money it can take from the one day per fortnight its customers visit the premises.

This would include selling all corporate/box/sponsorship packages, keeping the shop well stocked, feeding and watering them well and entertaining them on the pitch

Beat Walsall away for the first time in 66 years away from home and you get a thread 14 pages long over 3 days.

Smurf types 140 characters on Twitter and you get 16 pages in 24 hours.

It would also be my guess that most of the main protagonists on this thread didn't post after that win.

Sums up OVF I'm afraid. Sad, very sad.

Well all the matches I've been to in the valiant suite has had three sponsors per game and the room has been packed with diners enjoying the excellent 2 course carvery as well as all the boxes sold so where's your problem?

I dont have a problem, Vale hasnt cost me a million quid.

It has been stated by people attending matches that packages were not sold/empty.

If you look closely at what I posted its a simple business strategy

Archived