onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Owen rejects contract offer

Oh well, sign of the times.

Thanks for everything Gaz - you gave your all every time you pulled a Vale shirt on and we can't ask for anymore than that.

One of the few in the squad who deserved better from the leadership of the club at boardroom level.

Advert

Oh well, sign of the times.

Thanks for everything Gaz - you gave your all every time you pulled a Vale shirt on and we can't ask for anymore than that.

One of the few in the squad who deserved better from the leadership of the club at boardroom level.

It's us the fans who deserve better. I suppose Owen leaving will make my non attendance if Vile2001 are still in situ next season that much easier.:(

It's us the fans who deserve better. I suppose Owen leaving will make my non attendance if Vile2001 are still in situ next season that much easier.:(

I agree OS, however I'd also say that I have no problem with the work rate, leadership and honesty that Gaz has shown during his time at the club.

The club is a worse place for his departure and we have too few pros like him in the camp.

Had the whole squad been in his mould, we'd have been fine, irrespective of who the manager was IMHO.

He deserved better from the club, no doubt. Sad that folk will simply allow the board to continue getting away with it though.

I've lost alot if respect for Gareth Owen.

He is looking to move for the sake of it, very limited ambition making a sideways move.

I do believe he thinks he's better than he is and he's very replaceable which is one good thing.[/QUOTE]

Any of our current squad are replaceable.

That last sentence is spot on! Especially under new owners. If we dont have new owners I wont be there anyway. Selfish-Yes. Not willing to be a mug anymore.

He hasn't said he's going to Crewe though has he?

He's come out in the press saying he's a bit worried about his new (reduced terms) contract and the current state of the club (in the ****, no manager and no ambition).

By coincidence Crewe are looking to patch their defence (which is currently more leaky than Vale's balance sheet) with a new CB.

He's been linked. Nothing more nothing less.

Thank heavens for that Doha, at last someone has grasped the real situation, I was beginning to despair.

Good, experienced lower league defender the type of which are essential to make progress.

If Crewe can get a younger, more mobile defender alongside him who can learn from Owen then I think that will go someway to solving their defensive issues.

If, on top of this they could add a couple of experienced pro's and even keep Donaldson - I'd say they would have a very good chance of going up.

I agree OS, however I'd also say that I have no problem with the work rate, leadership and honesty that Gaz has shown during his time at the club.

The club is a worse place for his departure and we have too few pros like him in the camp.

Had the whole squad been in his mould, we'd have been fine, irrespective of who the manager was IMHO.

He deserved better from the club, no doubt. Sad that folk will simply allow the board to continue getting away with it though.

That's for sure players like Owen should have the team built around them but I felt he should have waited until after June 1st. If Mo comes in and he has gone it will be him regretting his actions. He said it is a weak man who changes his mind . Sorry it can be a very wise one!.

Spot on mate. When will the people who still support this vile Board who are killing OUR club wake up? How low will you take us Bill before you say enough is enough? Administration? Do you still care at all for PVFC? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?

Archived