onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Closed Smurf thread

Richy Rich

Advert

Hi,

Two things:

1. The right place for this is in the Comments section. I am moving this thread.

2. Sorry, we don't discuss our admin decisions in public. That's our prerogative. As is our decision to close threads. We do reserve the right to make these decisions without having to explain every one. It's mostly due to time. If we explained every single decision, every deleted post, every closed thread, every banned user etc... then our volunteer team would never have any spare time left to do things like actually moderate the forum or indeed enjoy posting their views in the forum. This is after all, a voluntary, unpaid job, done in their spare-time.

I know that's now the answer you probably wanted but it is the way we have moderated OVF for some time now and is in the rules and terms and conditions you sign up to when registering for this site.

Rob

I have total respect for you but that's a poor decision; to put in a place that I didn't even know existed.

Most of us know that there are problems within the Club and it is wrong, IMHO, for them to not at least aired.

That's not the spirit of OVF

RR,

Erm... the Comments section is hardly hidden away, it's on the front forum page clearly marked as "pass on your comments and tell us of any mistakes" wheras you posted it in the section labelled as "Port Vale Present" (it's nowt to do with Port Vale FC if it's an OVF moderation decision and you want to comment on it).

I stand by my comments and I disagree that these issues are not "aired" - afterall, the thread still stands (in fact I've just read it as I hadn't done so before) so how can those issues not be being aired? It's there to read. All that has happened is that thread has been closed and judging by what I can read (as I didn't close it) I am guessing it was closed because a) it descended into personal abuse and b) by descending into abuse also went off-topic- both perfectly valid reasons for closing.

Despite it being closed I think it still has validity regardless of whether I personally agree with the original poster or not. In short, some users claims there are issues at the club, some don't. Those points (without evidence one way or the other) remain on the forum. It's up to individuals to decide which side they believe.

But without any facts or evidence what other point could conceivably be made on that thread? It was simply one side saying there was problems and another side saying there aren't any. I can't see what point would be served by keeping it open other than users on each side of the argument continuously attacking each other's viewpoint... Those sort of threads frequently descend from attacking views to personal attacks and that is what happened here.

If someone has a valid concern about the club, wants to post it and it doesn't break any of our rules then they can do. But that thread clearly broke two rules in being full of abusive comments and moving away from the original subject.

Why has the thread been locked?

There was no more nonsense in it than 90% of the threads on this site.

There may have been the usual comments by the usual people but some of the posters were not those to usually bull****, such as Carpetman.

How can you possibly argue about a thread being closed that had no facts, no point and was written by a WUM!?

It hasnt been tucked away... its been closed.

Correct.

It is currently on the first page of "Port Vale present".

Our forum pages show the most active threads at the top then it won't be at the top of pages as it is closed and there are no recent replies. However, at the moment it's still the ninth link down on the first page.

PVP is our most popular forum with about 80% of posts being posted in there.

So, sorry, but I don't see that as being "tucked away"

After all, if we really wanted to get rid, surely we'd delete it? ;)

Why has the thread been locked?

There was no more nonsense in it than 90% of the threads on this site.

There may have been the usual comments by the usual people but some of the posters were not those to usually bull****, such as Carpetman.

Is it me or are people like you creaming for Bill Bratt to come back.

Is it me or are people like you creaming for Bill Bratt to come back.

I think that's the last thing people want, but I think more than 1 person agrees there is problems of some description behind the scenes. The decision to postpone the Lorne Street family stand would also suggest something has changed

I think that's the last thing people want, but I think more than 1 person agrees there is problems of some description behind the scenes. The decision to postpone the Lorne Street family stand would also suggest something has changed

With respect mon ami, how long have we been waiting for the LS to be completed? In other words, for me it's a moot point indeed to raise this issue as a reason for Norman's reluctance to spend his pelf - given there is any strength in the rumour or not.

Correct.

It is currently on the first page of "Port Vale present".

Our forum pages show the most active threads at the top then it won't be at the top of pages as it is closed and there are no recent replies. However, at the moment it's still the ninth link down on the first page.

PVP is our most popular forum with about 80% of posts being posted in there.

So, sorry, but I don't see that as being "tucked away"

After all, if we really wanted to get rid, surely we'd delete it? ;)

Really not worth the debate, just happy its gone! :)

With respect mon ami, how long have we been waiting for the LS to be completed? In other words, for me it's a moot point indeed to raise this issue as a reason for Norman's reluctance to spend his pelf - given there is any strength in the rumour or not.

I am just confused as to why the police bill against wolves has stopped the completion, 160k is not that much in the modern day to complete the stand!

I am just confused as to why the police bill against wolves has stopped the completion, 160k is not that much in the modern day to complete the stand!

I think that's a reasonable question to ask and I was almost tempted to reply with my views.

But... can we ask that question separately in the Port Vale Present section please!

This thread was about why a thread was closed - and should be about that subject only.

Before it spirals out of control I am closing it.

Archived