onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our form 2nd half of the season: near relegation form

Advert

funny how its coincided with the Black and Gold (Amber) campaign eh? Well done B&G for ******* our season up.take care next season if you wear B&G

You are a *****, summed up by the ********* comment at the end. The link with our bad run is Adams leaving and Gannon being appointed. That is the link. But it seems your ***** is in your fists.

And the first one that happened in the ground vs Cheltenham at home resulted in a loss. Your point being?

Not sure I'd class that as a protest myself, more a few annoyed people unveiling a banner. In all fairness, we were shocking in that game and the goal had been coming. We'd have lost even if the banner had stayed rolled up.

As Mark Grew says, the protests should have no effect on players.

Not sure I'd class that as a protest myself, more a few annoyed people unveiling a banner. In all fairness, we were shocking in that game and the goal had been coming. We'd have lost even if the banner had stayed rolled up.

As Mark Grew says, the protests should have no effect on players.

To your first point - I was sat in the Lorne St that game and as soon as the banner was unvieiled people started chanting sack the board and generally it got a bit chaotic. No surprise we didn't get back into the game after that.

Mark Grew says, jeez! Mark Grew is not someone to listen to about footballing matters at all. Personally I would take the word of people who know a little bit more about fans effects on players so Sir Alex for one who did say that the protests at Utd DID affect the players. Anyway, we could argue if it affected the team all night so I will stand by my belief it did have a negative effect on the team and you stand by yours that it didn't effect anything at all.

Our home form this season was the best it's been in 5 or 6 seasons. I think it was the 04/05 season which last saw us haul more points from our home games.

Surely if protests were impacting on the squad, they'd be doing better away from home? Not the case as on the road we won just 6 times.

I don't think the protests have made a bit of difference to the outcome of the season. The simple fact is that across the squad we didn't have enough quality or enough goals.

Unless some of the Black and Gold boys have been playing up front for us, I don't think B&G can be blamed for the fact that we scored just 54 goals all season.

The argument doesn't hold any sway IMHO as the stats simply don't back it up and it ignores the context of what really mattered - not enough goals, not enough quality and a change of manager.

Archived