onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our form 2nd half of the season: near relegation form

Having looked back at the nighmare past few months for Port Vale Football Club, I've just had a little look at our form during the second half of the season, and it doesn't make for good viewing.:shutup:

TOTAL: (Under Gannon and Grew)

P W D L F A Pts

23 6 7 10 25 29 25

HOME

P W D L F A Pts

13 5 4 4 19 15 19

AWAY

P W D L F A Pts

10 1 3 6 6 14 6

Overall, completely unacceptable!!:mad: I thought I'd do a breakdown because it backs up fans fears that we could well be heading towards the BSP if this form continues into next season!!:cry:

No permanent manager, no decent budget for next season, and our best players will probably leave. The facts speak for themselves, a truly dismal second half to the season. Our away form has been terrible (just the one win on the road since Stockport end of November). I feel sorry for those who have witnessed the last 5 away games towards the end of the season.

The fans deserve so much better, which I know is stating the obvious really.

Advert

So we would be heading into BSP with 25 points from 23? 50 from 46 then? how many points did Stockport and Lincoln have this year?

On that form we'd still be safe this season on 50 points, by 2 clear points finishing 4th from bottom.

That's progress........

So we would be heading into BSP with 25 points from 23? 50 from 46 then? how many points did Stockport and Lincoln have this year?

We could celebrate just avoiding relegation. What an exciting and interesting season we would have had.

OR we could sensationalise everything and make stupid statements about playing BSP football the year after next. That was 23 games with either no manager in charge or arguably the worst manager we have had in years. Half of those games we missed Rico or Roberts and played Exodus. Apart from all of those facts then yes, we could be playing BSP football in two years time.

OR we could sensationalise everything and make stupid statements about playing BSP football the year after next. That was 23 games with either no manager in charge or arguably the worst manager we have had in years. Half of those games we missed Rico or Roberts and played Exodus. Apart from all of those facts then yes, we could be playing BSP football in two years time.

You carry on as you are - Deluded. It's a nice place to be, until realisation hits .....

You carry on as you are - Deluded. It's a nice place to be, until realisation hits .....

Yes, because it is deluded to think that a team that was near the top of the league for half a season would then be playing non league football two years later. Show me an example of this EVER happening EVER before and I will admit I must be wrong. When is this realisation going to hit VH? I think the main issue here is the sheer pesimism from a large section of Vale fan. I don't have to apologise for living my life with a little more optimism than most on here, it must be really sad living life expecting for/hoping for the worst in every situation.

Yes, because it is deluded to think that a team that was near the top of the league for half a season would then be playing non league football two years later. Show me an example of this EVER happening EVER before and I will admit I must be wrong. When is this realisation going to hit VH? I think the main issue here is the sheer pesimism from a large section of Vale fan. I don't have to apologise for living my life with a little more optimism than most on here, it must be really sad living life expecting for/hoping for the worst in every situation.

Where have i asked for an appology ?:unsure:

Pesimism ..... try realism.

I hope for the best and expect somewhere in the middle. It's generally served me well ;)

You still live at home with mum and dad ?

Where have i asked for an appology ?:unsure:

Pesimism ..... try realism.

I hope for the best and expect somewhere in the middle. It's generally served me well ;)

You still live at home with mum and dad ?

No, I live in a nice apartment all on my own. Even make my own bed and do my own laundry.

Not quite sure what that has to do with anything though really.

Where is the optimism for me to grasp in this?

I do agree with some of the points you are making WV, but after what I witnessed yesterday, I'm struggling like mad to see how I should have reason to believe that things will get better, not worse.

Where is the optimism for me to grasp in this?

I do agree with some of the points you are making WV, but after what I witnessed yesterday, I'm struggling like mad to see how I should have reason to believe that things will get better, not worse.

I didn't go yesterday VL but I can imagine. What I will say though is obviously Barnet were going to play out of their skins yesterday, their football league status was on the line in a win or bust game. We had virtually nothing to play for. Congrats on even making the effort to go to the game, I gave up on the season after Stockport at home and only went last weekend to sunbathe out the back of the Railway. I have however got my ST for next year and I am optimistic that we will have a good season. We cannot play as badly for a whole season as we did for the last half of this one. With a new manager and a couple of great free transfers and we will be back fighting come August you mark my words.

No, I live in a nice apartment all on my own. Even make my own bed and do my own laundry.

Not quite sure what that has to do with anything though really.

Just a bit of research in an attempt to understand how you often come to disagree with most. It's true life would be boring if we all agreed on everything, but how folk cannot see where this board are taking us, i really cannot believe.

Our assets are more or less equal with our debt's with large yearly losses a common occurance.

Our board of directors have invested barely a penny since they 1st invested and collectively they have invested a fraction of what MC & MS have offered.

We have no manager.

We have no money.

We have no backroom staff.

We have no money.

We have no business plan.

We have several players out of contract.

We are expecting less ST's to be sold.

We have had a dreadful, relegation form 2nd half of the season.

We have not sorted out our pre season

We are going to miss out on signing any of the better players available.

Tell why i should be expecting anything different than another season of underachievement or worse.

Just a bit of research in an attempt to understand how you often come to disagree with most. It's true life would be boring if we all agreed on everything, but how folk cannot see where this board are taking us, i really cannot believe.

Our assets are more or less equal with our debt's with large yearly losses a common occurance.

Our board of directors have invested barely a penny since they 1st invested and collectively they have invested a fraction of what MC & MS have offered.

We have no manager.

We have no money.

We have no backroom staff.

We have no money.

We have no business plan.

We have several players out of contract.

We are expecting less ST's to be sold.

We have had a dreadful, relegation form 2nd half of the season.

We have not sorted out our pre season

We are going to miss out on signing any of the better players available.

Tell why i should be expecting anything different than another season of underachievement or worse.

Oh I see now, because I disagreed with you on something I am instantly a board supporter?

Try and read some recent threads please and drop the attitude. That will be all thanks

Archived