onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Police "Football Intelligence" - beyond a joke!

smithie

Advert

If you look at the arrests made when the EDL are in town it is high as you said but you have made the mistake of who is arrested its the people protesting against the marches not the EDL members. The last Tower Hamlets march had it's route changed due to the police saying the could not control the people protesting against the march if it went into Tower Hamlets itself and the police commissioner stated in court that the EDL were not likely to cause trouble.

I am confident that the EDL know that their very presence in the very locations where they choose to march/protest will be a cause of trouble..they know what they are doing.

Seems slightly ott but only slightly. Wolves will cause trouble and You lot have caused havoc in Shrewsbury in previous seasons haven't You? Wolves will be worse and if the Shrewsbury nobbers fancy it then the 200 coppers will be needed. I can see why they're doing it.

The question remains.....what is so sacred about football that sees it policed like little else in this country? Most people would rather see a general crackdown on anti-social behaviour in general rather than blitzing football games.

The question remains.....what is so sacred about football that sees it policed like little else in this country? Most people would rather see a general crackdown on anti-social behaviour in general rather than blitzing football games.

Football has a reputation and it's blown out of proportion but I think generally if You give the moron footy "fans" an inch, they will take a mile. And by doing so it brings the rest of us down. And that's enough to just about justify it imo.

It was interesting to note that the 'wall' turned up again on Tuesday night at Molineux for the derby match with Walsall.

Funny how we never saw it before, and we may never see it again, but it's turned up twice in the space of a month at two Wolves

It makes you wonder whether the Police actually did insist on it because of our fans, or because of theirs?

I was informed by my Wolves supporting mate on that infamous day that the wall has been used at virtually every Wolves home game for about 5 years, a fact that was confirmed by a lardie friend who reckons it was there every time Sjoke played Wolves.

As for 200 rozzers at Shrewsbury, I reckon that's about double what we had, unfortunately it's probably because every nutter under the sun that lives in Shrewsbury will be out, just like we had, you never know and I know this is a bit contaversial perhaps the intelligence is right like it was for the Vale game !

If you look at the arrests made when the EDL are in town it is high as you said but you have made the mistake of who is arrested its the people protesting against the marches not the EDL members. The last Tower Hamlets march had it's route changed due to the police saying the could not control the people protesting against the march if it went into Tower Hamlets itself and the police commissioner stated in court that the EDL were not likely to cause trouble.

Quite right as we all know that the EDL are a law abiding, tolerant, welcoming organisation who are squeaky clean and have never been known to cause any trouble whatsoever.

Give over!

IMO there are enough nutters at football matches who given an inch will take a mile..this makes football matches different to most other events..the potential for trouble is always there

IMO there are enough nutters at football matches who given an inch will take a mile..this makes football matches different to most other events..the potential for trouble is always there

That was true 25 years ago...it's certainly not the case these days. The vast majority of games pass off without incident, and I'm sure there are plenty of games with minimal or even no policing.

You can say that the POTENTIAL for trouble is always there, but you can almost guarantee that there WILL be trouble in most town centres at weekends.

This is what I struggle with - the numbers made available for 9000 people (one police officer for every 45 people) compared to a few officers covering whole towns and city centres. Those 9000 people are within 4 walls and covered by CCTV and even filmed by police.

It just doesn't add up!

That was true 25 years ago...it's certainly not the case these days.

I think it is..one of the reasons we don't see it is the policing

The vast majority of games pass off without incident, and I'm sure there are plenty of games with minimal or even no policing.

I agree..most games pass without event..but the potential is always there. As to "minimal or even no policing" I thought the issue was why is there so much policing at football matches? "The question remains.....what is so sacred about football that sees it policed like little else in this country? " If there is minimal or no policing at plenty then what's the issue?

You can say that the POTENTIAL for trouble is always there, but you can almost guarantee that there WILL be trouble in most town centres at weekends.

That's exactly what I said..the potential and the police are there to hopefully stop that potential becoming reality. And that's why there are police on duty in town centres..but it won't be 1000s or even 100s kicking off in a town centre most of the time and thee isn't really the potential for 100s/1000s to iick off in a town centre

This is what I struggle with - the numbers made available for 9000 people (one police officer for every 45 people) compared to a few officers covering whole towns and city centres. Those 9000 people are within 4 walls and covered by CCTV and even filmed by police.

I do think the police numbers for this match are somewhat OTT but then again it's about crowd control as well as dealing with those who get violent which isn't the same in town centres where there isn't a crowd of 1000s milling around requiring management

That was true 25 years ago...it's certainly not the case these days. The vast majority of games pass off without incident, and I'm sure there are plenty of games with minimal or even no policing.

It just doesn't add up!

True but like Your home game against Wolves the "trouble" just screams out from this fixture. What happened against Wolves with You lot was always going to happen and the same threat is here so the Police will respond.

And it does seem ott but I think violence when it involves football crowds is on a much bigger scale when it happens than on a normal night out in most city centres. It's just far more violent and needs the numbers to deal with it.

Archived