onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club Statement: Bradford Match

Memphis

The word **** is not a racist word it's just an abbreviation in exactly the same way as Brit is for a British person, Argie for an Argentinian or Pol for Polish etc. Who made this a racist word do you think? It was the Pakistanis themselves out of sheer determination to avoid integration into this country, they want segregation in their own communities. I don't care if someone is black, white or Asian myself I take people as I find them but I do think that in order for a diverse cultural population to coincide peacefully give and take is require on both sides but it seems that we have to tread on egg shells and and bend over backwards and adapt our culture to please them though fear being labelled.

I watched an Only Fools And Horses episode the other night where uncle Albert referred to the "**** in the corner shop" not giving him credit and it didn't come across at all racist, it's just an abbreviation and that's the way it should be. Of course that bit would never be shown now but when exactly did Pakistanis suddenly decide its racist so the whole country has to stop saying it?

Are you kidding me? So if somebody call an Asian person a p***, then it's not racist. Can I ask why they would use it? Are you suggesting the song directed towards them was just meant to be a friendly song informing them of their town demographics?

At least the racists haven't got courage of their convictions and go hiding behind nonsense when challenged.

Advert

I don't know what was sung being at the other end of the ground, but was the racism against an individual or a nation?

Not defending the undefendable and I'm not slow at telling racists to their faces what I think of them.

I simply don't know whether an individual of pakistani origin was targeted or not.

It doesn't make any difference. The song is racist. Even if everyone there was white Anglo Saxon British, it's still racist.

Its called Double Standards Micky- which is exactly what i was getting at before. I believe in a diverse and equal society in regards peoples freedom, opportunity ect but racism to the set minded minority is the usual stereotyped working class white against Muslims ect and it, in all frankness, t*****es me right off.

In all fairness it wasn't as if the Vale fans in question were throwing bananas or giving one individual player abuse for his colour ect it was general banter that the club in all fairness has over reacted over just to make the club look good for the minority of the do gooders- the same do gooders that stereotype against any young man at the vale wearing a Burberry:mad: cap- it's pathetic.

Carl do you really beleive this and are stupid or are you looking for banter as you call it as a wind up?

I really do find it staggering how many disgusting attitudes there still remains on this from people that call themselves Vale fans attempting to belittle the actions of the people that made such despicable remarks by using all forms of diversion and of course those that made them.

Are you kidding me? So if somebody call an Asian person a p***, then it's not racist. Can I ask why they would use it? Are you suggesting the song directed towards them was just meant to be a friendly song informing them of their town demographics?

At least the racists haven't got courage of their convictions and go hiding behind nonsense when challenged.

Read my post again, I'm asking WHEN did it become racist because it hasn't always been.

This thread, well says it all, what is interesting is that with this issue, people become complacent etc etc and it rears its ugly head. I heard that the anti racism agenda within the club was the responsibility of our newly appointed supporters club vice chairman. I would be really interested to know what was in place for such occasions..

Carl do you really beleive this and are stupid or are you looking for banter as you call it as a wind up?

I really do find it staggering how many disgusting attitudes there still remains on this from people that call themselves Vale fans attempting to belittle the actions of the people that made such despicable remarks by using all forms of diversion and of course those that made them.

It's merely different opinions from your own so your suggesting they shouldn't be allowed?

Just as a matter of interest did anyone see any pakistani fans in the Bradford end?

Just a thought like.

There was an Asian man in the Bulls Head with a Bradford City top on, I assume he went on the Hamil, whether he was Indian, Pakistani, or Bangladeshi I do not know.

Its called Double Standards Micky- which is exactly what i was getting at before. I believe in a diverse and equal society in regards peoples freedom, opportunity ect but racism to the set minded minority is the usual stereotyped working class white against Muslims ect and it, in all frankness, t*****es me right off.

In all fairness it wasn't as if the Vale fans in question were throwing bananas or giving one individual player abuse for his colour ect it was general banter that the club in all fairness has over reacted over just to make the club look good for the minority of the do gooders- the same do gooders that stereotype against any young man at the vale wearing a Burberry:mad: cap- it's pathetic.

You really do have a chip on your shoulder. If you are representing the white working class, you really are doing them a disservice at best and being highly offensive to them at worst. You talk about stereotyping but you have done exactly that to anyone who is anti racist. You've basically said racism is just middle class people stereotyping the working class. And that as long as they don't lob a banana at one individual player then anything they say is fine.

At this point is usually say to someone to ask whether they are actually so stupid to believe what they are saying. However with you, history tells is you are.

And once again, there's the 'do gooder' comment used as a term of abuse. I still can't get my head round why doing good has become a bad thing? I presume therefore that you are a 'do badder', and that's now a good thing?

It's merely different opinions from your own so your suggesting they shouldn't be allowed?

Its a pity if you have such prehistoric opinions but expressing them can not be allowed without breaking the law.Sorry you don't like it but thats how it is. Thank goodness.

Archived