onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Family open day / launch of junior Supporters club

tisdeano

Advert

I expect the issue over access to the Valiants suite pre match is due to capacity - its already full with box holders who pay a hell of a lot these days.

Yes, we understand that mate, But we were told today that the casual diners(those who go just for a one day experience) will this season be away from the Valiant suite and will eat in the room that will be used by Vice Presidents, i.e. the room occupied today by the Bridal suite and dressed out to attract people who want to use Vale for weddings and other parties. That would mean freeing up quite a large further amount of space ....for the likes of me etc who want the facilities of Valiant suite but still sitting in my favourite Lorne Street seat.

OK, I again understand that numbers would be restricted but at least I could have the opportunity of applying for that priviledge and spending extra monies in the Valiant Suite.

Onestep - was not aware that the dining is being moved - if there's space available I'm all for it - the more cash we take the better.

Sorry if it came over in a different way than I meant.

Perhaps a ST that includes Lorne Street ST and Valiants suite admission - but not dining?

Onestep - was not aware that the dining is being moved - if there's space available I'm all for it - the more cash we take the better.

Sorry if it came over in a different way than I meant.

Perhaps a ST that includes Lorne Street ST and Valiants suite admission - but not dining?

Even better! As even me and my large frame couldn't probably handle a meal every home game. Also told today that menu for those dining will be far better than last season.

Pies, peas, oatcakes etc, etc on new chef's menu.

Vice Presidents are going to get a voucher to exchange for whatever food they want either pre-match or half time.

I mean with all the que crap and struggling to get tickets... It's down to the fans to make sure they get their tickets in advance... If they don't then they miss the start of the match etc.. We're talking about grown adults... Put it in the sentinel that people need get their tickets before KO and if people still ignore it at turn up at 2.45 then that's their own stupid fault :)

Grainge ... it would be great if the club could announce early next week that they have sold 2,000 or more tickets for Saturday already ... then fans may wake up and do as you say. But if there isn't anything said they will turn up on Saturday expecting to be able to buy a ticket at 2.45 pm and see kick off.

I mean with all the que crap and struggling to get tickets... It's down to the fans to make sure they get their tickets in advance... If they don't then they miss the start of the match etc.. We're talking about grown adults... Put it in the sentinel that people need get their tickets before KO and if people still ignore it at turn up at 2.45 then that's their own stupid fault :)

All people need to do is get their priorities right: ticket office-pub-match. Pub-ticket office-match won't work. You have been warned!!

Grainge ... it would be great if the club could announce early next week that they have sold 2,000 or more tickets for Saturday already ... then fans may wake up and do as you say. But if there isn't anything said they will turn up on Saturday expecting to be able to buy a ticket at 2.45 pm and see kick off.

Dave,were there any notices at the ground today advertising 'ticket only' for all home games?

Didnt see anything mate.

To be honest I'm walking 6 foot off the ground - to see queues like that at the club shop where fans are just wanting to get money into the club was amazing.

I really think that the Doumbe issue may well have had an affect on sales today - you would think the stuff was being given away the way it was being snatched up.

What's more there will be a lot more sold this coming week as long as the stock is there as loads of people saw the length of the queue and just gave up and left.

I know I'm always moaning about queues but once again the club have underestimated demand. Its as if the thoughts are 'we only needed 2 tills in the last shop so we'll have 2 in the new one' - similarly ticket office has the same number of tills as the old ticket office.

Once we have online ticket sales and online shop then everything may become a lot easier (and staff familiarise themselves with the new systems)

What I will say is a magnificent well done to the staff today as I don't think any had so much as a tea break never mind a lunch break.

Archived