onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Murray in last set thriller

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

From the Guardian report:

"Murray's reward is to talk to Garry Richardson. By the end, he looks like he's about to hit him."

I don't condone violence but it must be difficult to deal with an absolute prat interviewer who seemed to know the answers he wanted and tried to goad Murray into saying them, whether true or not. Great credit to Murray for keeping it together as well as he did in the match.

He's Scottish. Hope he loses.

He seems to think we will forget what he said about us before the world cup the other year

I don't get this hatred of anyone Scottish? Why? In tennis they distinguish between Englabd, Scotland, Wales etc, its just Great Britain.

Do you hate 70% of the lions squad because they aren't all English?

It's about siome comment he made a few years ago when he hoped that England footie team's opponents (Argentina I think) would win or that he'd be wearing Argentinian sweatbands or something like that

It was a joke but some just can't let it go..I find it rather pathetic

The rugby aspect is even more interesting cos Ireland plays as one nation (NI and Republic..as they do in Atrhletics and other sports, fotball is one of the few where they play separately)..so the Lions is very much GB + 'Ireland'.

I dunna get it either

I don't get this hatred of anyone Scottish? Why? In tennis they distinguish between Englabd, Scotland, Wales etc, its just Great Britain.

To be fair, there are far more English people supporting him than there would be if the nationalities were reversed.

Nonsense...indeed anti-Scottish nonsense

Mucho evidence suggests the contrary..mucho support for English athletes in Scotland during Olympics..although it is that useless rag the Daily Mail that is providing this info

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190406/Team-GB-Olympic-success-dents-support-Scottish-independence-barely-quarter-Scots-Alex-Salmond.html

Deputy Scottish Labour leader Anas Sarwar said: 'Most people in Scotland would have been cheering for Jessica Ennis [English] and Mo Farah [English] just as much as they would have been our home-grown stars such as Andy Murray."

So as it's not all Daily Mail.....

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/leading-article/8896321/the-scottish-question/

"The Olympics showed Salmond how few Scots share his small-minded outlook. The successes of Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah were celebrated throughout Scotland as the achievements of fellow countrymen, not foreigners."

I dont follow egg chasing so dont understand this lions stuff.

Anyway, had murray not said he hopes England crash and burn at the euros a few years back he would have my support, as it is i hope he crashes and burns in the final.

He's an exceptional player, no matter what you think of his personality. I always insisted that he was far too gifted to not win a Grand Slam at some point and I was very happy to see him finally do it last year. He won't get a better chance to win Wimbledon that this year with the likes of Nadal and Federer out early on, though Djokovic remains the man to beat. Murray faces a very tough test later on today against a big serving Pole who I think also has the talent and the temperament to win a Grand Slam himself one day.

Archived