onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goals Of The Season DVD

andy jones

Oh I do like a happy ending :D

Just watched the DVD and think its great. Not just the fact we won promotion but its actually really well produced with interviews to break up the monotony of Tom Pope scoring ;) great scenes at the end of course, but all in all a 'must buy' IMHO.

Advert

Just watched the DVD and think its great. Not just the fact we won promotion but its actually really well produced with interviews to break up the monotony of Tom Pope scoring ;) great scenes at the end of course, but all in all a 'must buy' IMHO.

I need to get over and buy a copy, last two times i've been over the shop was closed

Absolutely Dave. Bought mine online on the 11th June, arrived last Friday, watched it yesterday :D

I am watching it a bit at a time to make it last longer. I am so sad. :laugh:

The picture quality from Morecambe away is pants. BUT most of the rest is top notch. First time I have bought "the" DVD, and hopefully not the last.

Santa can borrow any he likes and thanks for that Peter may take you up on that...some of mine go back to the eighties when I always used to tape the goals from central sports on a Monday night at 6-45 on the goals roundup from the midlands....don't think I've watched any for years

Used to hate the **** from central news tony Francis always used to belittle us with snide comments.....also got the famous jimmy greaves and saint rubbishing us prior to playing Tottenham in the cup

Really enjoyable watch. Picture quality for games at Vale Park is fantastic. Some of the aways are dodgy, as already stated Morecambe away is appalling for some reason..! Was amused to hear that the bulk of the commentary is still done by the same two blokes! Must have been 1997 the last time I had one of these, and they're still there. A note of caution though - it gets really, really annoying hearing "Glad all over, you betcha!" for the 38th time. It was annoying enough the first time, to be honest. Not a big fan of the sliding transitions between matches, but generally it's polished and as expected, much better than the ones I had in the 90s. Plus, those vids only had around 10 of the away games, if that. It's nice to have the entire season, including cup games.

And a note on the footballing side, it's striking to see how many goals Shuker creates/is involved in. Also really puts across what a great all-round performer Pope was, in addition to the ridiculous amount of goals.

Brought back some of the emotions: the frustration of Rochdale & York at home, the despair after Exeter at home & Bristol Rovers away, and of course the jubilation of those last two home games.

If you have a VCR and a DVD recorder it's simple to copy to DVD. Just a scart cable required.

Riddler,

I've also been watching the 93/94 promotion season video my mate gave me.

Interestingly coming towards the end of the 93/94 season we were going through a bad spell and looked like messing it up. We then beat York City and went undefeated to the end of the season!

On a non footballing side the commentary was excruciatingly poor, littered with mistakes, and for some god only knows reason put classical music in the background throughout the recording.

But if any of you have the 93/94 tape and need a laugh just watch towards the end where they do an interview with Graham McGarry of Radio Stoke. Seeing George Andrews in Elton John glasses was bad enough but dear dear Graham.

Yeah I remember as a kid, getting irate that we went 0-2 down at home to Fulham. I was young and didn't quite understand how Vale in 2nd could possibly be losing badly at home to a team fourth from bottom. 2-2 in the end though. Really was a heck of a run, remember everyone thinking the run would end at Ninian Park and we just went there and ran through Cardiff 3-1.

To be fair, the odd game is done by opposition commentators and they're poor as well, in addition to being very biased. Never gonna get great commentary on a season DVD, there's a certain charm about it being poor*, but the constant references to Glad All Over are what really bug me.

One of the vids, I'm thinking 94/95, had this really dodgy dance music playing all the way through. Seem to remember there was a bit of a cash-in that year, we had a Christmas video out and a season video as well.

*"Musselwhite parrows that one" being my favourite piece on any Vale vid.

Really enjoyable watch. Picture quality for games at Vale Park is fantastic. Some of the aways are dodgy, as already stated Morecambe away is appalling for some reason..! Was amused to hear that the bulk of the commentary is still done by the same two blokes! Must have been 1997 the last time I had one of these, and they're still there. A note of caution though - it gets really, really annoying hearing "Glad all over, you betcha!" for the 38th time. It was annoying enough the first time, to be honest. Not a big fan of the sliding transitions between matches, but generally it's polished and as expected, much better than the ones I had in the 90s. Plus, those vids only had around 10 of the away games, if that. It's nice to have the entire season, including cup games.

And a note on the footballing side, it's striking to see how many goals Shuker creates/is involved in. Also really puts across what a great all-round performer Pope was, in addition to the ridiculous amount of goals.

Brought back some of the emotions: the frustration of Rochdale & York at home, the despair after Exeter at home & Bristol Rovers away, and of course the jubilation of those last two home games.

If you have a VCR and a DVD recorder it's simple to copy to DVD. Just a scart cable required.

I've only had time to watch until the end of November and your bang on about the amount of goals Shuker is involved in first half of the season . Maybe Shuker and burchill as a midffield pair next season ?????

Archived