onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New sponsors to be announced

Thougt they would be an ideal sponsor for these parts , id a chimp wore a red rosette round Stoke on Trent they would vote for it

Too true.

Stoke-on-Trent certainly is in a superb position after voting in Labour MPs and Labour councillors since time began.

A vote for Labour is a vote of self pity.

Advert

if true that is a shocking waste of members money. If your in a union you want it spending on protecting your work place rights - not football advertising

I agree totally. How any union could justify sponsoring a commercial entity, is beyond me.

I'm not a member of the GMB but I am a member of unite.

I'm sure most if not all trade unions have an advertising budget .

I don't object to my union spending money on advertising, as I'm sure it helps to promote the union & encourages widespread publicity & hence membership.

My wife was in GMB and when she needed them to say they were disappointing would be an understatement. How can it be a proper use of members subs to sponsor football matches. Utter ********.

On the other hand I could have lost my job if it wasn't for my GMB rep. Some of the moaning on here is nothing short of disgusting. What gives us the right to choose our shirt sponsor. This time last year we had to practically beg for one.

Quite right, all unions have investment and advertising budgets. All accounts are made available members annually, and if members aren't happy they put resolutions forward to challenge the policy making and decisions at their annual or bi-annual conference. It's staggering that those moaning are either not a GMB member or not a member of any other trade union.

They have been the match sponsor on more than one occasion and nobody has raised a murmur. Why have people decided to find ethics all of a sudden?

Spoke to the guy in the tentbar at the Wycombe game. Apparently they already have a box at the Vale

Yes they have, I get up there through work.

Quite right, all unions have investment and advertising budgets. All accounts are made available members annually, and if members aren't happy they put resolutions forward to challenge the policy making and decisions at their annual or bi-annual conference. It's staggering that those moaning are either not a GMB member or not a member of any other trade union.

Very true.

There are a couple of guys who work at the same place as me who by choice aren't union members but they are the first in the queue to receive their annual pay rise that my union thrash out by way of extensive negotiations with management.

Anyway that's my rant done with

On the other hand I could have lost my job if it wasn't for my GMB rep. Some of the moaning on here is nothing short of disgusting. What gives us the right to choose our shirt sponsor. This time last year we had to practically beg for one.

I am very much in favour of unions and always have been but This particular unions performance in our case left a lot to be desired.

I would be willing (happy is the wrong word ) to discuss it any time away from this board and you may understand my comments.

I also do not see how sponsoring a football club is the best use of members subscriptions. However I do hope Vale get the best sponsorship deal that they can.

Archived