onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is The Fat Lady Still Singing?

TheLegalBeagle

Nothing like whipping the fans into a frenzy less than 2 hours after the season has finished.

You are truly a prize **** hole

I have been reading your various comments on here. As a hospital Engineer I used to visit Stallington and St Edwards and can confirm that there were saner people than you locked up.

Your comments are misguided and irrelevant. The sooner we get this shower of **** removed the better.

I thought after 45 years of following the Vale (Newport Co 1965) I'd seen it all. How dare you come on here and suggest that this Board is the way forward.

Bill and co. for **** sake go now............while we still have a club to support.

Advert

The board have now played their final card,the play offs,and they have lost,so I would hope that after say a 48 hour cooling off period they will realise that the only option is to make that call to Chaudrys solicitor and began talks.

What other reason is there to cling on ===

I've sat on the fence for months and I'm finally fed up. People have tried to convince me that Mo's the way forward and finally I've made my mind up.

Better late than never, Mo/Mark you have my full backing.

Me too, ive been watching this debate for months without posting an opinion

other than an all too brief spell under Mickey Adams, the club's fortunes have been in absolute reverse since V2001 took over. They we're the clear option after the collapse under Bell, but have failed to ensure anything other than a slow and painful slide towards the conference.

I don't know much about Mo Choudry, and ive seen all the good and the few bad posts about him, but like every other undecided Vale fan I simply cant sit on the fence forever ....its now clear to me theres no other option as if all this in-fighting continues our problems our only going to worsen

Mo.....you've got my vote

Well if the board is contacting Newton to put a fresh bid in I can only see that as really good news, it means they are prepared to sell and the more bidders there are then hopefully the outcome will mean the best owner for PVFC.

Hang on, I'm slightly confused, so please bear with me.

The board approaching a self confessed Stoke fan to request he donates to the club to keep them in power is good news when we have a life long Vale fan and a self confessed very recent follower of the club willing and ready to invest and with substantially more financial clout to back them.

Mo/Mark are offering more funding, and more importantly the required level of reform the club needs. If the board are approaching Newton it will be for him to stick in some cash and to join the top table with them. Nothing will change and the cash will simply dry up within a few months. Then what?

Can you see my confusion as to why that is good news?

Hang on, I'm slightly confused, so please bear with me.

The board approaching a self confessed Stoke fan to request he donates to the club to keep them in power is good news when we have a life long Vale fan and a self confessed very recent follower of the club willing and ready to invest and with substantially more financial clout to back them.

Mo/Mark are offering more funding, and more importantly the required level of reform the club needs. If the board are approaching Newton it will be for him to stick in some cash and to join the top table with them. Nothing will change and the cash will simply dry up within a few months. Then what?

Can you see my confusion as to why that is good news?

the board will be looking to do this just to spite the fans and try to protect a situation for themselves

they are a disgrace, they should ask the fans what they want. if i see any of them face to face they will get an absolute tirade of verbal from me

I really can't believe that the board have any supporters left at this stage of the gameit obvious that they will see the club go under rather than release their boney handed grip on it.

In my opinion, there are alot of people that haven't been pro-board more that they've been airing on the side of caution. I'll be the first one to admit that I was always cautious when Mo came along, the grass isn't always greener....

However, I am now 100% sure that the board have done all they can at the club. 10 years on from their takeover and our club is no further forward, if anything further back than we were before. We're slowly turning into a soap opera, with the rest of the football league laughing at us. The drama at Port Vale in the past 12 months has been 100%, undeniably down to the running of the club by its heirarchy with each decision they make turning into further more laughable drama.

If it was any other club, I'm 100% sure we'd be ****ing our selves at them.

To make matters even worse, those of you who know me, my other(not better) half is a Stokie.

Dear All,

Surely enough is enough now even for the most ardent board supporter?

We have the prospect of an EGM being “forced” upon the board by the NLV Shareholders.

However why must it be a contentious affair? Surely it is now time for the board to collectively put the needs of PVFC before their personal issues with Mo?

I will say what I have said since Xmas - all that is needed is for this board to collectively recommend the bid to the shareholders and to support the hand-over. This can be done by Mr Bratt & Co tomorrow. We do not need to be put through a protracted and tiresome process in the run up to the EGM. This will ensure the hand over is dealt with in a civilised and dignified manner.

We have a revised bid on the table embracing the V2001 Charter comprising of Mo Chaudry and Mark Sims - both local and self made businessmen with substantial means at their disposal. We have a credible business plan backed with people experienced in the business of football. What is wrong with this bid?

I see I am accused of hype and self-promotion of late by posters whenever I state the blindingly obvious but I simply cannot accept a dislike or mistrust of Mo (often generalised and never specific) as a good enough reason for sitting back and allowing the demise of this club.

In response to the “we just don’t trust him charge” (or as I noticed in 1 post “my instincts don’t trust him”) - ask yourself this question: Can all these people be wrong? : Mark Sims; Phil Taylor; Robbie Earle; Mick Cullerton; Phil Sprosson; Martin Foyle; Andy Porter - the list goes on. All have sat down with Mo and discussed the proposal and plan and all have been suitably impressed and reassured to speak out in support.

I listened to a caller named Dave on P&G tonight reminiscing about Bill and V2001, and not wanting Mo. Let me be clear - we have always acknowledged the good work Bill and V2001 did for this club bringing it out of administration. But our criticism is not about the past - it is about the present and so pontificating about the good old days solves nothing for now or the next few seasons.

I read on OVF that this board are so stubbornly desperate to not sell to Mo (“over my dead body”) that Mike Lloyd is alleged to have asked Graham Shaw yesterday to get Mike Newton to contact the board as they will now listen to his bid.

Bill and the board, you have our contact numbers. I can rearrange my week at short notice to come to the Vale to sort this out and we can give the fans some good news before Saturday.

No - I am not going to hand over my business plan to you as it contains sensitive information (marketing initiatives; potential sponsors; managerial candidates etc). This document is for the new board if the bid is accepted.

You have sufficient information to accept the bid - you know the sums involved (24.9% + 24.9% + up to additional £3.8M as per Mo’s brochure). You have the bid outline as per the brochure. You have as much information as the shareholders who have shown their support via the NLV poll and that is the information the shareholders are being inviting to vote upon. It is all there for you to support the bid as I invite you to do so.

The season is over. Now is the time for change so we have the best of the summer months to appoint a manager, sort out the players (in and out), get the season tickets resolved, and start to improve the business. We need time to prepare for next season - we do not want to be walking in as late as July. We need to be in by the beginning of June.

Mo, Mark and I remain as resolved as ever to make this happen. We are not going away. Please do the right thing now - this week. We await the phone call.

Regards

Any chance of a trainning contract!?!

The board have now played their final card,the play offs,and they have lost,so I would hope that after say a 48 hour cooling off period they will realise that the only option is to make that call to Chaudrys solicitor and began talks.

What other reason is there to cling on ===

The books.

Mind you,according to Robbie H,Bill has still to pay his trump card?:rolleyes:

===

I read on OVF that this board are so stubbornly desperate to not sell to Mo (“over my dead body”) that Mike Lloyd is alleged to have asked Graham Shaw yesterday to get Mike Newton to contact the board as they will now listen to his bid.

:yes::yes:

But that is what happened on Saturday, fact.

Well if the board is contacting Newton to put a fresh bid in I can only see that as really good news, it means they are prepared to sell and the more bidders there are then hopefully the outcome will mean the best owner for PVFC.

Mudie also rang him a few weeks back begging, he got told where to go.

I will ask you a simple question, where do you see our club going with the present board in charge?

I've never felt so depressed in all my time supporting vale as I do now.

Stoke do a mester stroke in releasing their next season's away top just as they have secured the FA cup final and on a sunny bank holiday weekend, the same week as vale put a flyer in the advertiser asking people to renew their season tickets a week before the deadline on cheaper prices.

I walked down the street today in Kidsgrove to see a load of kids wearing stoke tops...fair enough in the last few years they may have been man utd or chelsea but I went into newcastle on saturday and saw no less than 15 people with stoke tops on compared to 1 in vale. I don't see where the next generation of fans is going to come from when they have the choice between mid table in league 2 and the premier league.

I also can't believe we will finish outside of the playoffs considering where we were at Christmas. wonder what odds I would have got on that?.

I know as a fan I am are supposed to follow through thick and thin but I think about what I could spend that £40 odd a match on instead and I think about how **** I feel after every match just lately ...whats the point.

I will not attend another match until this current baord are gone...just hope they are before me and everyone who feels the same as me have stopped going for good.

Spot on from Doha on pg 1. I hope Bratt, Jackson and co are run out of Stoke-on-Trent for their so called running of the club. Life bans for all 6 if I had my way! In fact they shouldn't be necessary as they will be treated like pariahs if they have the face to turn up once removed!

As Doha has said; Lie after lie after lie, putting a personal vendetta and their own ends ahead of a frankly brilliant offer for the club and letting a respected Stoke fan(who is on committees for Stoke initiatives) not only buy shares but stand up and spout at an AGM!

They should all be had up for crimes against Port Vale!

Lets be honest we were all duped by a set of liars, hypocrits and conmen! The current set up of the club/business at Port Vale is nothing short of a nightmare, I honestly wouldn't wish this board on club I hate the most! They are a disgrace to football!

They wont need banning Shropie...they dont attend now when they are the directors so we wont see them when they get booted out.===

Archived