onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassed

SuperHuman

Easy to say if you don't work with a bunch of Stokies,yes they aving a bad time but we fighting to go up ,they are just aving a normal season in the prem league,dreading work tonight

They're all around me, plus ManU, ManC, Derby, West Ham, and Chelsea. They say they feel sorry for me because I'm Port Vale. I tell them not to mither about it, but I don't think they understand :D

Advert

In all my years supporting PVFC I can honestly say I've never been embarrassed. Sad at times; heartbreakingly dissapointed e.g. going out to WBA when Swanny handed them that penalty; frustratingly annoyed - no angry - during the tenure of V2001 / Mold; but never embarrassed.

As Carl aka Birches Head Fred reminds us, whilst owners, managers and players come and go we are still here, and will remain true blue until our dying days.

For many like yours truly it's been a long journey where we have seen all the ups and downs, longed for better times, seen better times, watched talented players - many of whom are now 'Legends of our past; and have been witness to the long managerial reign of Sir John de Rudge.

Still, times have changed with a 24/7 social media all pervasive and working in overload mode. No matter the time of day the social media is buzzing - with some folk using all forms of communication. Most will use it appropriately, others not so.

Will we be in L1 next season? We'll know in a few weeks time. Will we still have the same manager? The same players? Who knows, but you can guarantee yours truly will still be here and nothing that can or has happened will ever find me 'embarrassed' to be a Port Vale F.C supporter.

I think the original poster was implying he was embarrassed of his fellow Vale fans, not embaarrassed to be a Vale fan. In fairness, you are much less likely to have this feeling from where you are on the other side of the world - you have not had to witness less than 4000 vale fans at a game we could go top, not had to listen to our own players being booed before they've come on the pitch and not had to put up with the constant moaning of some whether we're top of the league or in admin.

Can I come and stay with you?

I think the original poster was implying he was embarrassed of his fellow Vale fans, not embaarrassed to be a Vale fan. In fairness, you are much less likely to have this feeling from where you are on the other side of the world - you have not had to witness less than 4000 vale fans at a game we could go top, not had to listen to our own players being booed before they've come on the pitch and not had to put up with the constant moaning of some whether we're top of the league or in admin.

Have you heard anyone say I'm not going to the match because the football's so wonderful?

Secondly those that are there have actually bothered and paid their cash. They are perfectly entitled to express their opinion. Equally I'm sure that they will say so when the football is excellent .

In all my years supporting PVFC I can honestly say I've never been embarrassed. Sad at times; heartbreakingly dissapointed e.g. going out to WBA when Swanny handed them that penalty; frustratingly annoyed - no angry - during the tenure of V2001 / Mold; but never embarrassed.

As Carl aka Birches Head Fred reminds us, whilst owners, managers and players come and go we are still here, and will remain true blue until our dying days.

For many like yours truly it's been a long journey where we have seen all the ups and downs, longed for better times, seen better times, watched talented players - many of whom are now 'Legends of our past; and have been witness to the long managerial reign of Sir John de Rudge.

Still, times have changed with a 24/7 social media all pervasive and working in overload mode. No matter the time of day the social media is buzzing - with some folk using all forms of communication. Most will use it appropriately, others not so.

Will we be in L1 next season? We'll know in a few weeks time. Will we still have the same manager? The same players? Who knows, but you can guarantee yours truly will still be here and nothing that can or has happened will ever find me 'embarrassed' to be a Port Vale F.C supporter.

Maybe embarrassed was the wrong word to use! I love the Vale and can't wait see how we go on tonight, but the over reaction from fans really dissapointed me.

Spot on, I'd never be embarrassed to support the club I love. Just think the negativity after Saturday's game was too over the top. At the end of the day were getting 4000 fans when were 2nd in the league, how frustrating is that?!

Why after the performances of the last few months, is the negativity over the top, people are well entitled to complain when watching the rubbish Vale produce, week in week out. The 4000 crowd is the die hards, we will not entice stay aways or neutrals to watch the dross Vale are producing.

Spot on, I'd never be embarrassed to support the club I love. Just think the negativity after Saturday's game was too over the top. At the end of the day were getting 4000 fans when were 2nd in the league, how frustrating is that?!

Archived