Tom Pope

valiant_593

Could get slated for this, but is it time to give him a rest, hes played all season without fail and may need to be rested. Also we can no longer blame the other strikers for Popes misfiring, hes played with Andrew, Dodds, Hughes and Williamson and hasnt scored in 8. Just think its maybe time for him to have a rest and try something else up top. Tin hat ready.

Advert:

Its funny that i got slaughtered for saying he has only had 3 good months in his career ( age 28 ) and being told his value was around £1m if anyone wanted to buy him!!!

He is not in the class of a Marc Richards or even a Lee Hughes......ie consistent year after year

Advert:

Its funny that i got slaughtered for saying he has only had 3 good months in his career ( age 28 ) and being told his value was around £1m if anyone wanted to buy him!!!

He is not in the class of a Marc Richards or even a Lee Hughes......ie consistent year after year

He's a much better player than Richards but you make a reasonable point

I think we need to get over the idea if being 'dropped'. Plenty of better players have a game on the bench quite often depending on the team they are playing or tactics. Ferguson quite often plays players like Rooney on the bench. He isn't dropped in the way we mean it, and will be back in the next game.

Advert:

Since when have sjoke fans been an authority on goal scorers ?

He has still scored more than your entire team.

How many has Rico scored this season ?

Since when have sjoke fans been an authority on goal scorers ?

He has still scored more than your entire team.

How many has Rico scored this season ?

Key word there 'season' How many has Rico score compared to Pope in other season?

Forwards thrive on confidence.

Once one goes in, he will get a few more.

To drop the football leagues top scorer with 10 games to go would be suicide.

Doesn't surprise me. Some people want to sack the manager.

Advert:

Pope's top game is probably more devastating than Richards', but as people have already said, there's absolutely no comparison career-wise - Richards has been far superior, despite significant injury issues. Pope just hasn't been professional enough to reach that peak. We've seen flashes of it this season, but now he seems to have gone backwards (mysteriously after signing a new contract).

Archived