• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Tom Pope

valiant_593

Maybe its not so much a break he needs, maybe its a wake up call...make him realise that he isnt first choice just because he's top scorer.i'm sorry but if he's missing as many as he has done just lately then its time to be dropped.

at the same time though, surely its no coincidence that he was scoring when he was on his own upfront...

Advert:

Pope was poor tonight but it doesn't help him when we just lump 60 yard balls up to him and expect him to win headers with no one round him all night. The service into him is awful.

The header does half just hit him and the keeper pulled off a worldie save.

The one that he should have buried was the shot last minute when Hughes brilliantly flicked it into his path and he tried to **** about taking two touches and curl it in. If that had been Hughes it would of been laces through the ball and bang; goal!!!!

Something has to change because we don't look like winning a game and we have another tough one Saturday!

We're struggling and I can't see a way out of this sadly.

Play off for us!

Advert:

What I meant to say was thought Popey did well tonight and a world class save denied him

It was a great save no doubt about that mate, I just feel earlier in the season everything Tom hit, headed whatever went in and thts the reason he's scores that many goals!

He's out of form and can't buy a goal.

The one last minute when Hughes flicked it and he should have buried that from a 27 goal marksman but he tried to be clever and take 2/3 touches and bend it in the corner!

Hughes would have smashed it and scored!

If we constantly lump high balls up to Tom from the back, then we won't get many goals from now till the end of season, and we will fail to get what we all thought would happen.

How sad that a few barren games when he has had no protection from woeful refs and most of you lot want Tom dropped. I bet he is disappointed as anyone at his barren spell but he should be even more disappointed in some of you lot!

He isnt at all, Richards has consistently scored ever season throughout his career, Pope has been excellent this season.

Cant wait to stick the knife in youve been sharpening all season.Just remind me how many Richards has scored this season.

Advert:

How sad that a few barren games when he has had no protection from woeful refs and most of you lot want Tom dropped. I bet he is disappointed as anyone at his barren spell but he should be even more disappointed in some of you lot!

How sad that a few barren games during the course of a season and most of you lot want Adams out even though we are 2nd with 10 to go!!

I bet he is disappointed as anyone at our barren spell but he should be even more disappointed (And was quite vocally) in some of you lot!!

It works both ways Owd.

Cant wait to stick the knife in youve been sharpening all season.Just remind me how many Richards has scored this season.

huh? Pope has been brilliant for us and Richards hasnt scored many this season, my point was that Richards is a proven striker who consistently scores goals, he still has 1 in 3 this year, Pope has only really come into scoring form this season, dosent mean he is worse than Marc, stats alone this season show that he is a better player but judging it on their respective careers then Rico has to be considered as the better striker...

I dont want him dropped, I just want him rested, as I think it could do him the world of good. Id love nothing more for Pope to score on saturday as I think that would start him off again. Its only natural for fans to question the selection of a striker with no goals in 8 games though isnt it? (I no he has had poor service) If Hughes, Williamson or Dodds went 8 games playing the full 90 without scoring im sure it would be different.

How sad that a few barren games during the course of a season and most of you lot want Adams out even though we are 2nd with 10 to go!!

I bet he is disappointed as anyone at our barren spell but he should be even more disappointed (And was quite vocally) in some of you lot!!

It works both ways Owd.

Did you think Adams got it right tonight ?because for the life of me I didn't understand the substitutions

Advert:

Did you think Adams got it right tonight ?because for the life of me I didn't understand the substitutions

I cant remember the last time I agreed with his substitutions, tonight it seemed that we changed formation with every different sub.

My comment is directed towards old sage who seems to lambast Micky at any give opportunity but wont accept criticism about Tom Pope.

For the record i think Adams subs are baffling at times, yes.

For the record i used to think Rudges were as well.

Make of that what you will.

My comment is directed towards old sage who seems to lambast Micky at any give opportunity but wont accept criticism about Tom Pope.

For the record i think Adams subs are baffling at times, yes.

For the record i used to think Rudges were as well.

Make of that what you will.

Old Sage has said for weeks that the wingers are not performing, he has been proved correct,Adams is not above criticism.

Archived