onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Muslim School in Stoke On Trent...

The mutts nuts

Advert

Take it out of schools and where will children learn about other religions?

To be honest John, I don't think the vast majority of kids could give a flying ****, if religion was taken out of lives completely it would be a godsend ...pun intended! :D

What an insult to all the peoples of the world who lead good lives cos of the book that they believe

If I have insulted someone with my views on BS, sorry, religion then that is probably 0.00001% of the pain and suffering religion has caused millions of others over the years. Some of the most horrific and brutal murders have been in the name of religion.

I can't even rationalise believing in God, the idea is laughable to me. Prove he exists.......

To be honest John, I don't think the vast majority of kids could give a flying ****, if religion was taken out of lives completely it would be a godsend ...pun intended! :D

Ah but if left to the kids they wouldn't be taught maths, English, French etc..it would be all One Direction, X Factor etc etc :) So I dunna worry too much about that they want

It's about what parents and society as a whole want for kids

If I have insulted someone with my views on BS, sorry, religion then that is probably 0.00001% of the pain and suffering religion has caused millions of others over the years. Some of the most horrific and brutal murders have been in the name of religion.

I can't even rationalise believing in God, the idea is laughable to me. Prove he exists.......

Some might ask you to prove He doesn't exist ;)

You don't say

But is a simple fact that millions lead a good life driven by their religious beliefs. Just as many do who do not have such beliefs

I can't even rationalise believing God, the idea is laughable to me. Prove he exists.......

I can rationalise it in nmy own mind but you can't prove he exists in any scientific way, it relies on faith. They feel no need to prove anything.

And as i have said on here many times before I am not religious but through family connection (including a CofE minister in the family) I believe I have some insight into what Christians in particular actually believe.

And they have Muslamic Ray guns as well, never good is it.

I forgot it was just immigrants that groomed young girls. Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter, Jonathen King,

and also just immigrants who carry guns too Raoul Moat, Derrick Bird

I feel sorry for you BW. How do you mean indigenous population? Would that be the anglo saxons that settled here or the romano-british that were here before them? Or you must mean the British Royal family with a German name and a Greek Prince?

and you accuse me of generalising, and don't feel sorry for me, i am what i am and who i am and if you don't like it then tough,you don't have, to no one asked you to and another thing the human race is very diverse and everyone has their own opinion based on their experiences perceptions and values.you have your opinion and i have mine and if you dissagree well lump it.

and you accuse me of generalising, and don't feel sorry for me, i am what i am and who i am and if you don't like it then tough,you don't have, to no one asked you to and another thing the human race is very diverse and everyone has their own opinion based on their experiences perceptions and values.you have your opinion and i have mine and if you dissagree well lump it.

If that's how you feel then don't voice opinions on here...for when you do people will respond and not simply 'lump it'.

But it isn't science

I know some believers would ask you for your proof of where all that exist came form?

Are you a creationist then JA? No point debating if you are.

We are just masses of matter and elements forged in stars millions of years ago. THe same elements can be found all over the solar system and in stars so far away you can't comprehend the distance.

I believe in Science.

Carl Sagan - The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity.

Who is more humble? The scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever it has to teach us, or somebody who says everything in this book must be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of all the human beings involved?

Archived