onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Revised Bid - Post To Ceo Mr P. Deakin

TheLegalBeagle

Advert

surely now the board cant refuse can they???

anyone else think they'll allow Mark Simms to buy shares but not Mo??

Now i may be wide of the mark here but im sure that Mark Simms has been trying to invest in the last few weeks yet hasnt had the courtesy of a reply.

I maybe wrong though but its what ive heard.

Hi NTV,

It depends upon the Board's response - we may still need that EGM. If the Board reject the revised bid then of course it shows the reliance on the 24.9% rule for what it really is and I am sure even the most ardent Board supporter will have cause to pause and reflect when it comes to a vote. The Charter either means something in which case the Board must accept or it is meaningless in which case the shareholders might want to have a say at a EGM.

Regards.

Game set and frikkin match. Thanks ===

PS: If the EGM still happens (doubt it) I'll stand you a beer LB

Dear Mr Deakin,You response is required as CEO of PVFC.

In the event this revised bid is not acceptable, you are duty bound to respond through this forum

Kind Regards.

Seems a little strange you require a response from someone who has informed you previously of his unavailability.

He may or may not be duty bound..... but not through this forum..... would be nice.... but not necessary

The decision to accept or reject is not within his remit as CEO, its a board decision.... it is also a board decision to block or advance share sales to individuals or groups.... they have the veto.

Attacking the judas goat allows the flock to escape

About ****** time, i's been obvious this is the way forward for weeks.

Is this a stepping stone to Mo getting 51% or is he dropping that proposal now?

I would like to think that this is stage one to wrestling control of the club away from the current board.

What it would mean is that it gives greater power to the smaller shareholders, because Mo and Mark would more than match the current board's shareholding in any vote.

In my view, there is no escaping this bid. If this is rejected, it will be plain for all and sundry why that is. My only worry is the bit regarding installing a new board with Mo as chairman. I fully expect Bill Bratt will fight that to the bitter end.

Seems a little strange you require a response from someone who has informed you previously of his unavailability.

He may or may not be duty bound..... but not through this forum..... would be nice.... but not necessary

The decision to accept or reject is not within his remit as CEO, its a board decision.... it is also a board decision to block or advance share sales to individuals or groups.... they have the veto.

Attacking the judas goat allows the flock to escape

Dear Geo,

The letter is being delivered to the Board via Solicitors letter as well as being directed to the CEO - we are simply covering all bases.

Furthermore the revised bid is being delivered by letter, internet, newspaper, radio and hopefully TV - to make sure (a) it comes to the board's attention (as BB in his article on Saturday seemed unaware there was still a bid on the table) and (b) so that as many fans and shareholders are aware of the revised bid as it possible to facilitate all making an informed decision.

Kind Regards

My only worry is the bit regarding installing a new board with Mo as chairman. I fully expect Bill Bratt will fight that to the bitter end.

Where in the new bid is this stipulated? The only condition is due diligence and I have posted the same on another thread. The removal of the board will be as a result of the EGM, a separate process organised by separate people.

As I said on the other thread, it's the bit quoted below:

A new Board will be installed, of which I will be Chairman. The Board will be representative of football, business and Port Vale and each member will have complimentary and necessary skills and experience to deal with the club on a macro level.

Am I reading this wrong?

Oh dear dear. The board are running out of time and they know it and stooges like Banbell know it. What with the EGM and the revised offer, the board are cornered with no weapons to fight back with!

Tick tock.............

They can refuse to sanction this bid and if they do they can increase their shareholdings or use their money to sponsor others. Depends how desparate they really are.

This is the burning issue.Do the board have the legal right to veto the sale of shares.If so,knowing their track record,they will surely refuse to sell the shares so it's still not cut and dried.One thing though,if they do turn down the bid without good reason,and let's be honest they don't have a good reason,the backlash from the fans will be massive.

I think that what they will do is to try and ride it out until the end of the season in the hope that the dust will settle during the close season.I think that protest days should still be organised for the close season if nothing happens before then.

Archived