onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should we be worried?

Bernieseven

Am I alone in getting slightly concerned that there seems to be a few championship clubs without a manager at the moment and that a few chairman may be thinking that Micky could be an option for them given his obvious excellent credentials? The first thing Paul Wildes needs to do if the takeover goes through is get him on a long contract ASAP with a big compensation clause in it.

Advert

MA left for sheff utd didn't turn out good, he said he wants to finish the job he started here, MA has a good group of lads here a new owner on the horizon and the team 2nd in the league.. i know he left us high and dry before but i can't see it happening again.

Theres not a chance a championship club will touch him just yet, following the debacle that was Sheffield United. If he gets us promoted, then it may be a different matter but I'm not worried about Micky leaving this time and of course, he's always said the only team he would leave us for was Sheff Utd and he's been there and done that.

Am I alone in getting slightly concerned that there seems to be a few championship clubs without a manager at the moment and that a few chairman may be thinking that Micky could be an option for them given his obvious excellent credentials? The first thing Paul Wildes needs to do if the takeover goes through is get him on a long contract ASAP with a big compensation clause in it.

excellent credentials?

Noy going to worry about it for one second..if someone wants him and a deal is done can't do anything about it

Bit I hope the new owner gets him on a 3 year deal with as has been suggested a huge buyout clause

I would go with that although some chairmen could see 3 year deals as a risk,i mean should we go up and then spend 2 months next season in the bottom 4 then he would need a big pay off to be sacked(unless a figure was inserted in the contract,the same as a compensation one if poached).

Personally i would go with what you say and offer a new 3yr contract to Adams and Page.

I would go with that although some chairmen could see 3 year deals as a risk,i mean should we go up and then spend 2 months next season in the bottom 4 then he would need a big pay off to be sacked(unless a figure was inserted in the contract,the same as a compensation one if poached).

I would hope if we go up but struggle he would not be sacked..but be given the chance to see out the season and then maybe if we go down, to take us up again; that would see out the 3 years (including this year). We need to be better than sack a manager who gets us promoted only to sack him cos we aren't doing well in LG1 and we need some continuity if we are to push for higher than LG1.

Archived