onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy

Spunk Trumpet

Bails - Andy Porter, now there's a player.

If I had the choice of a Bogie or a Porter coming to the Vale at this point of time I'd always go for .... both!

BTW us old farts yesterday (combined age between the two of us 130 years, of which 115 years service to the Vale) made sure that there was at least some vocal support for the club.

The kids only get vocal when they are part of a big group and there wasn't enough there yesterday - add Eddie Jackson to me and my mate Geoff and the three of us would come in at over 200 years service - when we're in the morgue 'Vale Away' will sound like one if yesterday is anything to go by!

Advert

Ive been to all the home games this season and from what I've seen Morsy has been far from the weak link in the side, he's been one of the better players.

I'd say only the wingers and the Pope have played better from the games I've seen and hopefully Sam keeps on progressing as I honestly believe he has the potential to play at a much higher level.

I echo Davo's comments, if Westwood went for 2 million I wouldn't take any less than that for Morsy.

Maybe my memory is a little more hazy than some of you old farts :D But I always remember Bogie as being a much more influential, creative player than Morsy! He has a looooooooooooooonnggg way to go before comparisons of that nature deserve to be made. I'd say he has the potential to be more of an Andy Porter type player if I'm being honest. Bogie was class, through and through. Morsy is rugged. I knw he's young and a lot to learn, but to compare him to Bogie is a bit extremem....
I have to agree with Bails comments Morsy is young but not that young (remember the saying 'if your'e good enough you are old enough') and he is improving but he will always be Porter type player who snaps at ankles rather than the 'playmaker' who is constantly spraying long decisive passes. The Morsys of this world will always be the fetchers and carriers for the far more skilled creative 'playmakers'. That is why I consider Burge a far more precious talent.

I'm not knocking Sam because Ray Walker always needed Andy Porter to win the ball and that applies today also. For my money the best midfield player that I've seen this season is Pringle of Rotherham who looked a real 'class act' to me and until Popey sank them against the run of play with the 5th goal Pringle threatened to turn the game on it's head.

"He is worth the same value as Crewe got for Ashley Westwood if not more" - HILARIOUS comment from Davo!!! :laugh:

"Sam reminds me of a young Ian Bogie " - Really?? :unsure:

Morsy is a better player than Westwood even at this stage of his career, Westwood offered little in terms of putting a foot in and was made to look good by Powell, so yes Sam Morsy is worth the same if not more!

Because one has a number of season as a starting 11 player, been part of a promotion side (and captained that side) and just made his premiership debut, and the other just won his place back in the starting 11 in a league 2 side I suppose.

Westwood captained nothing to promotion

Morsy is a better player than Westwood even at this stage of his career, Westwood offered little in terms of putting a foot in and was made to look good by Powell, so yes Sam Morsy is worth the same if not more!

Dot be silly Westwood is in the premiership now and is a far better player than morsy! Sam is worth no where near what he went for and wasn't made to Look good by Powell....

Obviously premiership scouts have a different view to you... Just out of interest how high do you think morsy will play?

No Paul Lambert has lost the plot at Villa and signing Westwood is another example

Morsy championship at least!

Sounds like you've lost the plot, morsy championship at least?!?!!

Lets wait and see, Morsy will be playing regular championship football before Westwood is either premiership or chsmpionship, Sam Morsy has been exceptional this season and it shows just how far Griffith held vale back.

Lets wait and see, Morsy will be playing regular championship football before Westwood is either premiership or chsmpionship, Sam Morsy has been exceptional this season and it shows just how far Griffith held vale back.

You seriously can't be for real. Morsy has been good this season for 11 games in league 2 morsy will be league 1 at best and Westwood is already a premiership footballer.

Westwood captained nothing to promotion

Crewe often rotated captaincy and he had been their captain a number of times.

I agree that I was surprised that Westwood went to villa, but morsey has been in and out of our team and to say he is worth £750,000+ is a bit bizarre to say the least.

Archived