onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alan Irvine

bobby newton

Advert

I wouldn't call a 40% win with two different clubs a fail.

Agreed. Some people seem to want it both ways. An experienced manager who's got a great record and has never failed anywhere. Those managers are all in the premiership! The fact is, most experienced manager are out of work BECAUSE they've failed somewhere.

Mickey Adams failed second time at Brighton at Coventry but be was the best, like I said everyone fails at Wednesday and Preston he was very harshly treated, anyway don't no why this thread is going on still got 6/5 clowns incharge and while that is the case we can't even afford a manager unless we can get one for that £13000 gud one bill

Micky also succeeded with Leicester, Brighton first time round and Fulham etc. Irvine has failed in both his jobs.

Mo in but NOT with Irvine for gods sake.

Treated badly, he's had two really good budgets for the league he was in, definately not treated badly at Preston, I live in the area and there isn't one fan who were sad to see the back of him.

What's the point of getting in a potentially great new board and direction and giving the managers job to a complete failure. Coach yes, Manager no!!!!

Agreed. Some people seem to want it both ways. An experienced manager who's got a great record and has never failed anywhere. Those managers are all in the premiership! The fact is, most experienced manager are out of work BECAUSE they've failed somewhere.

No we need someone that has succeeded around our league. Micky had done that but had his share of failings.

Boothroyd worked on restricted budgets, Coleman worked on restricted budgets, Buckle worked on ever restricted budgets and they have all had success outside of the Premier League.

There is a balance and Irvine is not in it.

No we need someone that has succeeded around our league. Micky had done that but had his share of failings.

Boothroyd worked on restricted budgets, Coleman worked on restricted budgets, Buckle worked on ever restricted budgets and they have all had success outside of the Premier League.

There is a balance and Irvine is not in it.

Dear REP,

Several managers have accompanied me to games of late (home and away) - and indeed you mention one as one of your suggestions. No decisions have been made as clearly it would be inappropriate of me to do so unless or until the bid succeeds, nor is it right I start to comment upon individuals at this juncture. That said I am keen to sound out a number of managers, many of whom ordinarily would not consider Division 2 / Division 1 football but nevertheless have shown interest given Mo's bid and my involvement.

You are right to express caution but we will not be working from a playing budget quite so restricted as the current playing budget. However it is all supposition until we have carried out due diligence and assessed the true financial circumstance of PVFC as we must.

All I can say at the moment given the start of this thread is please do not jump to conclusions.

Incidentally it is nigh on impossible to ultimately select a manager with whom 5,000 plus PVFC fans agree.

I note your comments generally which of course reflect your opinion.

The only comment I will make at this juncture is the ideal managerial candidate will embrace primarily the 1st team but also show a keen interest and participation in football throughout the club, including youth.

Kind Regards

With all due respect LB, i think what a lot of fans are concerned about is that IF MC gets in, then we get a manager who knows this division and the one above.

What we dont need is for the club to have a bit of money and for us to appoint somebody on name alone, which judging by the people being linked with you is the route you appear at least on paper to be taking if ypu get in.

Chris Coleman- no chance

Alan Irvine - as coach yes. as manager no way

Gareth Southgate - please dear god not this waster who is far to nice to be a manager or a coach

We need a manager with a proven track record at L2 & L1 level who knows what it takes to get out of those two divisions. Wedont need a fancy dan name.

Dear REP,

Several managers have accompanied me to games of late (home and away) - and indeed you mention one as one of your suggestions. No decisions have been made as clearly it would be inappropriate of me to do so unless or until the bid succeeds, nor is it right I start to comment upon individuals at this juncture. That said I am keen to sound out a number of managers, many of whom ordinarily would not consider Division 2 / Division 1 football but nevertheless have shown interest given Mo's bid and my involvement.

You are right to express caution but we will not be working from a playing budget quite so restricted as the current playing budget. However it is all supposition until we have carried out due diligence and assessed the true financial circumstance of PVFC as we must.

All I can say at the moment given the start of this thread is please do not jump to conclusions.

Incidentally it is nigh on impossible to ultimately select a manager with whom 5,000 plus PVFC fans agree.

I note your comments generally which of course reflect your opinion.

The only comment I will make at this juncture is the ideal managerial candidate will embrace primarily the 1st team but also show a keen interest and participation in football throughout the club, including youth.

Kind Regards

With all due respect LB, i think what a lot of fans are concerned about is that IF MC gets in, then we get a manager who knows this division and the one above.

What we dont need is for the club to have a bit of money and for us to appoint somebody on name alone, which judging by the people being linked with you is the route you appear at least on paper to be taking if ypu get in.

Chris Coleman- no chance

Alan Irvine - as coach yes. as manager no way

Gareth Southgate - please dear god not this waster who is far to nice to be a manager or a coach

We need a manager with a proven track record at L2 & L1 level who knows what it takes to get out of those two divisions. Wedont need a fancy dan name.

Thanks BLB,

All duly noted.

I can assure you fancy dan name is not the criteria. Track record, man management skills, coaching credentials, work ethic, energy, commitment, enthusiasm, 1st team, reserves, youth - the list of pre-requisite skills is long.

At this stage just seeing who is out there, who might be interested etc. Nothing more and nothing less. There is no short list. It is simply work in progress.

As I said please do not jump to conclusions and certainly do not believe everything you hear.

Kind regards

to be fair, if Mo did get in, and he wanted to really have a good go at the chairman lark, then i would imagine him employing someone with extensive knowledge of football in the lower leagues, instead of reading the paper and picking a random manager to chase!

Mo could get Jose Mourinho involved and into Taylor's box and people would still moan he hasnt had the experience of League 1/2 football before.

haha, spot on.

However I do agree that we don't need a name. LB when looking at a manger, try and get someone who is involved in fitness work the lads hard. Mickey said when he came in to get out of this league you need a fit side, and it does seem that he was right.

Archived