onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

Advert

24 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Would you prefer a London hedge fund or a couple of unscrupous elite yanks from the US? 

Obviously, a london hedge fund or unscrupous elite yanks (do you include Rob & Ryan in that?) are the only people interested in buying a football club. So you are so dumb if you believe that? You definitely are either Bill Bratt or his son or best mate

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Obviously, a london hedge fund or unscrupous elite yanks (do you include Rob & Ryan in that?) are the only people interested in buying a football club. So you are so dumb if you believe that? You definitely are either Bill Bratt or his son or best mate

I would have Bill back in a heartbeat. Proper Vale and deserves a second chance... At least he is 1 of us! 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

... you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy ... the football club.

I'm just tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale.

You have all been brainwashed by ... Smurf

Brian, are you taking the time to read what you post?

Yes, there are loads of people out there who want to take over Port Vale.

People exactly like Smurthwaite who want take over the club and all of its assets, and then bleed them dry to fill up their own coffers.

Genuine people like Carol, people who actually do want to invest in the club and build it up, are extremely few and far between.

Carol is a gem and we are lucky to have her in charge of our club.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I would have Bill back in a heartbeat. Proper Vale and deserves a second chance... At least he is 1 of us! 

No he is not. Whatever gives you that impression???

You are still avoiding the question of, are you Bill Bratt, are you his son or are you a mate of his?

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Again, we are going with this small mentality that we are just little Port Vale, so , who would want to buy us or play for us. That mentality needs to stop.

We are only one of a very limited number of clubs that can call themselves a professional football club, that is unique in its own terms and anybody whi is anybody would see it being a privilege to be involved with a professional football like playing for Port Vale, working for Port Vale or owning Port Vale.

Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.

By the way, this is me not saying I want Carol to sell.  I just want her to crack on now & learn by the mistakes that most fans have seen & been telling her about for the last 18 months. Make the changes needed and pull the resources together to win promotion of that crap league asap.

I'm just tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale.

You have all been brainwashed by Bratt & Smurf

Do you know what? The day that Carol decides to move on and sell the club, I'm also 100% convinced that with all the contacts that she's now got in business and football, she will find an even better owner than herself to take over the club

@Alan Vit please re-read what I have put and then please re-phrase your questioning

1 hour ago, Osh said:

But that is NOT what i'm saying.  There are deluded people on here that want Carol out and think that someone is going to come in just snap us up.  I don't see that.  I also quite like our owner.  Yes, she's cocked up BUT she's fessed up to that.

Lets get on and get the situation repaired (including the Paddock bogs!)

Jesus!

Agreed. If we are agitating for an owner who never makes a mistake (or a manager/player for that matter), who never uses an inappropriate word, who does everything perfectly, we’re in for a long wait. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Oh you really are admitting who you are now Bill.

Knew your ego wouldn't let you go on for too much longer.

Not one single fan over the age of 10 would want you anywhere near Vale Park ever again.

You've had your "life in football."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Doha said:

What is the obsession with Sproson? We‘ve signed quite a few players who he was/is the agent for and they were mostly crap. 

Not saying only get his players he is an agent for - most will be out of our price range or rubbish. 

But speak to him about football related things she is unsure about.  Use Sir Rudge as well as a sounding board.  Use their knowledge and experience in football to help make sure the re-building decisions she has already or trying to make a big decision on are sound ones and will not hurt you or the club further down the line.  If you have a couple of people to sound ideas off, that will help.  Like she probably did with Colin G at the beginning till he moved on.  I have this idea - what do you think?  No it will not work for this reason or it may work, but could fail later on - or if you do it this way it will work better etc.

Specially if he is willing to speak free of charge to the owners.  He sounded like us, really gutted we had gone down and was vocal about the reasons why and what was needed.  Use that knowledge/thoughts and ideas to sort out the problems during the review of the last 2 years disaster Vale have had.

1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

A truly abhorrent man. Deary, deary me. Incompetent too!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not many people would want to buy PVFC - or have the money to keep us going.

You are virtually guaranteed to lose a million a year, and there’s a ceiling on the club’s revenue which would require losses of 5m+ a year to even compete in the top 6.

If you deliver the fans’ dreams of the championship, kiss goodbye to 15m a year unless it’s immediate relegation.

PVFC is a financial black hole with a very narrow route to success. The ground is an archaic tip. We’re still lucky to have a local owner willing to support the losses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Again, we are going with this small mentality that we are just little Port Vale, so , who would want to buy us or play for us. That mentality needs to stop.

We are only one of a very limited number of clubs that can call themselves a professional football club, that is unique in its own terms and anybody whi is anybody would see it being a privilege to be involved with a professional football like playing for Port Vale, working for Port Vale or owning Port Vale.

Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.

By the way, this is me not saying I want Carol to sell.  I just want her to crack on now & learn by the mistakes that most fans have seen & been telling her about for the last 18 months. Make the changes needed and pull the resources together to win promotion of that crap league asap.

You have all been brainwashed by Bratt & Smurf

Do you know what? The day that Carol decides to move on and sell the club, I'm also 100% convinced that with all the contacts that she's now got in business and football, she will find an even better owner than herself to take over the club

There are very few people happy to write off a million a year minimum.

Even less with the desire and means to lose 5m a year to finish in the top 6 of League 1.

Virtually no one who would spend 15m to keep us in the Championship.

Lower league football is a circus and a financial black hole - hence why it attracts unsavoury characters, as good people without ulterior motives (and retain sanity) want nothing to do with it.

• Like 1