onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

58 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

That apology letter has been prepared for the last month and bet the CEO has done the check on it and amended it, as there was only going to be one outcome.  Surprised she didn't get in that the fans were naughty fans for making her sack/move on Fraudcroft and relegation is our fault really.

Lessons learned - may be buy 2 strikers that can last more than a couple of games.  Failed that one after the first 2 transfer windows.  Failed this seasons transfer windows.  Players that are up to the job and not the cheapest option.

That said good luck in the preparing for 2nd Div football, hope you get things sorted and we can start the climb out of this division the right end of it.  Will not be easy due to the clubs here.  Big club - no we are not.  We are just another club in the div.  Carol needs to listen to free advice from those who have been in football a long time.  Sproson could be a good start as he seemed mighty upset by the last 2 season on saturday.

Carol - you still have some credits in the bank for what you and family did.  However, a lot of them have been cashed in over the past 2 years and the letter saying the fans were being naughty.  When you look at it overall, think the fans sussed Fraudcroft out, when certain people were still taken in by his presentations and jargon.  Not saying some of the things he achieved were all bad, but when it came down to recruitment and that was the important one - totally wrong most of the time.

Spot on👍

• Like 2

Advert

1 hour ago, NW9Valiant said:

FTFY

Please, no. Carol's been in football long enough to know people outside the circle that is Port Vale that have a bit more lived experience (and isn't an agent either).

I've no got no wish or time for her to listen to people with a 'connection' to the Vale, least of all because I want the club to actually progress and go somewhere, rather than think small time which is why we struggled for so long in League 2 in the past.

Could be true but I feel you are ignoring the elephant in the room - we were doing what you advise and we got relegated...

Now we need to do what works to get back up, so talking to people who know the Club and have done this before sounds like a plan. We certainly don't need another Flitcroft like horrow show.

• Like 1

"We need to rebuild,"  We all look forward to the demolition after the blitz to come, who will be the architect ? Daz the builder ? Until a true and faithfull clean out and rebuild is evident who but the brave will purchase seats ? At the moment there are more questions than answers,we'll all be watching from afar.

Whatever the outcome after this period of rebuild the structure can only stand on firm foundations, and a team is built from the back.

C Shahanan don't let this be a case of promises, promises, otherwise you've left yourself wide open.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

Could be true but I feel you are ignoring the elephant in the room - we were doing what you advise and we got relegated...

Now we need to do what works to get back up, so talking to people who know the Club and have done this before sounds like a plan. We certainly don't need another Flitcroft like horrow show.

Agreed - but not everybody is Flitcroft. The years of going back to the well of who knows the Vale went well for us with Foyle, Glover and Aspin, didn’t they. 

Heaven forbid we start listening to gobshite Pope as well and bring in Richard Duffy when DM gets gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Why do the owners have to be from Stoke on Trent?

I suppose they don't Brian.  But that makes it even harder doesn't it...??  We're a sleepy little backwater town, overshadowed by our bigger neighbour - even Crewe, arguably, have a bigger claim to fame as one of the biggest rail junctions in the country. But whether that person is from Stoke on Trent or Sarajevo, I don't see that many banging on the door to buy the place, do you...??

As for some on here thinking Robbie might be the next messiah - I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think we all need to calm down a bit and see that we are who we are and we all need to start pulling together on this.  The club are trying to get better at communicating with the fans - they've got a long way to go. But they are trying.  We now need to see what Moore is allowed and supported to do in the summer.  Just shredding Carol at every opportunity is NOT going to get us anywhere.  Yes, we all hear you - you are not happy.  Neither am I.  BUT I'm certain there are no options other than here right now.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Osh said:

I suppose they don't Brian.  But that makes it even harder doesn't it...??  We're a sleepy little backwater town, overshadowed by our bigger neighbour - even Crewe, arguably, have a bigger claim to fame as one of the biggest rail junctions in the country. But whether that person is from Stoke on Trent or Sarajevo, I don't see that many banging on the door to buy the place, do you...??

As for some on here thinking Robbie might be the next messiah - I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think we all need to calm down a bit and see that we are who we are and we all need to start pulling together on this.  The club are trying to get better at communicating with the fans - they've got a long way to go. But they are trying.  We now need to see what Moore is allowed and supported to do in the summer.  Just shredding Carol at every opportunity is NOT going to get us anywhere.  Yes, we all hear you - you are not happy.  Neither am I.  BUT I'm certain there are no options other than here right now.

Again, we are going with this small mentality that we are just little Port Vale, so , who would want to buy us or play for us. That mentality needs to stop.

We are only one of a very limited number of clubs that can call themselves a professional football club, that is unique in its own terms and anybody whi is anybody would see it being a privilege to be involved with a professional football like playing for Port Vale, working for Port Vale or owning Port Vale.

Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.

By the way, this is me not saying I want Carol to sell.  I just want her to crack on now & learn by the mistakes that most fans have seen & been telling her about for the last 18 months. Make the changes needed and pull the resources together to win promotion of that crap league asap.

I'm just tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale.

You have all been brainwashed by Bratt & Smurf

Do you know what? The day that Carol decides to move on and sell the club, I'm also 100% convinced that with all the contacts that she's now got in business and football, she will find an even better owner than herself to take over the club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Again, we are going with this small mentality that we are just little Port Vale, so , who would want to buy us or play for us. That mentality needs to stop.

We are only one of a very limited number of clubs that can call themselves a professional football club, that is unique in its own terms and anybody whi is anybody would see it being a privilege to be involved with a professional football like playing for Port Vale, working for Port Vale or owning Port Vale.

Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.

By the way, this is me not saying I want Carol to sell.  I just want her to crack on now & learn by the mistakes that most fans have seen & been telling her about for the last 18 months. Make the changes needed and pull the resources together to win promotion of that crap league asap.

I'm just tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale.

Do you know what? The day that Carol decides to move on and sell the club, I'm also 100% convinced that with all the contacts that she's now got in business and football, she will find an even better owner than herself to take over the club

But that is NOT what i'm saying.  There are deluded people on here that want Carol out and think that someone is going to come in just snap us up.  I don't see that.  I also quite like our owner.  Yes, she's cocked up BUT she's fessed up to that.

Lets get on and get the situation repaired (including the Paddock bogs!)

Jesus!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stamfordvale said:

"We need to rebuild,"  We all look forward to the demolition after the blitz to come, who will be the architect ? Daz the builder ? Until a true and faithfull clean out and rebuild is evident who but the brave will purchase seats ? At the moment there are more questions than answers,we'll all be watching from afar.

Whatever the outcome after this period of rebuild the structure can only stand on firm foundations, and a team is built from the back.

C Shahanan don't let this be a case of promises, promises, otherwise you've left yourself wide open.

Bob the builder... 'Can we fix it!' 

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The 'Little Port Vale' came from the owner herself! 

6 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The 'Little Port Vale' came from the owner herself! 

And that in itself, came from somewhere else. 

The 'Little Port Vale' or 'Little old Stoke-on-Trent' are phrases I've heard referred to the club or area for years. The other way of looking at it is a form of local pride. 

So I don't begrudge her for using the term that she probably thought was endearing. 

I definitely don't though. Lots of reasons I think that, not just Port Vale's owners or previous owners talking us down. 

4 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

And that in itself, came from somewhere else. 

The 'Little Port Vale' or 'Little old Stoke-on-Trent' are phrases I've heard referred to the club or area for years. The other way of looking at it is a form of local pride. 

So I don't begrudge her for using the term that she probably thought was endearing. 

I definitely don't though. Lots of reasons I think that, not just Port Vale's owners or previous owners talking us down. 

It wasn't endearing... It was patronising and not appropriate at all.... We aren't daft up here up Nooorth!! 

• Like 1