onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League Two Title

Advert

17 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Your stream of unpleasant comments about Carol Shanahan leads me to wonder if you have some personal grudge against her?

16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Yes. Of course, nothing is more personal than seeing the football club you love struggling due to the actions of stupidity and pig headed thinking from how badly run the club has been this past year. 

It has been awful and she needs to take responsibility. Of course her sycophants and ass kissers will blame Flitcroft, Moore, poor players but the buck has to stop with her. 

Then you could offer constructive criticism and leave out the thread of personal abuse which runs through many of your comments, not only towards Carol but also towards your fellow Vale supporters..

@TJHValiant

From your glib remarks, I'm sure that you have never run a business of any size, let alone a business trying to operate in a marketplace as difficult and often irrational as football, which is what Carol and her colleagues are doing.

Supporters who have longer memories than you choose to have are still aware that the only reason we now have our club taking part in the Football League (rather than following Bury and the other former League clubs down the pyramid) is that five years ago Carol and Kevin rescued our club from the clutches of Smurthwaite and then invested further massive sums of money to start the process of building the club back up.

That five years has had a mix of success and failure - promotion before we could have expected it and then relegation when it was readily possible to stay up with even a very few more competent footballing performances.

So the first team is currently on a downer after an atrocious season and it's to be hoped that the (remaining and new) players and the new coaching staff under Darren turn on a much better next season for the long-suffering supporters.

Elsewhere in the footballing side of the club, the Football Academy has shone, producing lots of fine young prospects, which can only be good for the future.

And a lot of the footballing infrastructure has been replaced or renewed to a higher standard.

So the fair-minded picture of the club includes both the plusses and the minuses.

From my point of view, the biggest plus is that we have genuine owners in Carol and Kevin, and that they show the resilience to ignore abuse from supporters who speak before they think, and still carry on working to better our club.

And the second biggest plus is that they have appointed a manager and his coaching staff (at further large cost) who I think have the ability to revitalise the playing side and get us promoted again.

Please have a think about these views before replying further.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I find it ironic that he resents the possibility BB made money out of the club when he also took the offer of buying club shares!! 

In addition to his £50k salary over several years, Bill Bratt was the only V2001 member to get his share money back out of the club.

After his resignation as chairman in 2011, he sold his shareholding to Mike Lloyd. Not long after, the club went into administration and the shares all became worthless pieces of paper. Every other shareholder lost out. Some ordinary fans lost 5 figure sums.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 02/05/2024 at 12:58, Santa said:

It's funny how Bill Bratt appears to be using Vale being rubbish again as an opportunity to rewrite history. 

Did anyone go to the 'talk' he gave in a pub in Burslem on Valentine's Day?

Hi Santa

I didn't go, but that empty coffin carried up to Vale Park might need resurrecting and filling if some of the comments he is purportedly to have said were said. 

I am personally astonished, but not surprised, to hear he even comes into Burslem never mind give a talk on his time at the Vale ...

Pot kettle and black

Brass neck

Are just a couple of mild comments I will make as the OVF filter would have a field day on what many from that time would post.

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I find it ironic that he resents the possibility BB made money out of the club when he also took the offer of buying club shares!! 

And whilst we all lost our money BB didn't, and from what Brian Johnson and Santa are posting you know the truth of the matter.

Santa's comment about BBs share sale is exactly what happened.

BTW during the period of his receiving £50K plus a year would you like to state what money via sponsorship he brought into the club? None, except Harlequin !!!

Enough said.

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 02/05/2024 at 13:10, valerule4ever said:

I’d say our promotion team was miles better as a team, we had good characters who worked hard but also worked as a team, I’d have taken the likes of Gibbons, Worrall, Pett, Benning, Hall, Proctor, Harratt, Edmondson over most of the current lot, even some of the fringe players like Jake Taylor or Brad Walker offered more than some of this seasons squad players, as I’ve said previously I hope only the likes of Garrity, Chislett, Ripley, Plant, Dipepa, Shorrock and Maybe Mitch Clark and Iacovitti are part of the squad next season I don’t really fancy watching the others again!

Good comment .

The players who got us promoted were much stronger willed than the players who got us relegated.

Gibbons and Worrall carried us for years they were both excellent players for the Vale 

I liked Pett he was steady,reliable and better than ojo.

Edmondson was a very good addition his work was good don't forget he was a young lad learning his trade I liked him he put himself about.

Harratt was growing s connection with James Wilson as proven by how they both played together, v Swindon second leg and final at Wembley a connection that wasn't allowed to grow as Harratt headed to Huddersfield or elsewhere. 

Proctor was having a great connection with Garrity 

Benning was very good when he needed be .

Conner Hall was the leader in defence,its being proven cause since he as gone to Colchester the others have got worse and worse .

So all in all the team.at Wembley probably beat the remaining contracted team we still have now as they had HEART. 

You cannot buy that .

Edited by Dipepa delight

5 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Good comment .

The players who got us promoted were much stronger willed than the players who got us relegated.

Gibbons and Worrall carried us for years they were both excellent players for the Vale 

Edmondson was a very good addition his work was good don't forget he was a young lad learning his trade I liked him he put himself about.

Harratt was growing s connection with James Wilson as proven by how they both played together, v Swindon second leg and final at Wembley a connection that wasn't allowed to grow as Harratt headed to Huddersfield or elsewhere. 

Conner Hall was the leader in defence,its being proven cause since he as gone to Colchester the others have got worse and worse .

So all in all the team.at Wembley probably beat the remaining contracted team we still have now as they had HEART. 

You cannot buy that .

What happened? This is what you put on Tuesday

“No more online often for me a life to be lived .”

14 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Good comment .

You cannot buy that .

Folk are bashing on about being strong willed but it’s not that simple, confidence plays a big part.  Also, when the chips are down if you know you’re in a struggling team that can’t score goals and leaks them like a colander it’s a lot harder than when things are going well.  That said there’s no doubt we could’ve fine with, and need to recruit, a couple of players who were/are tougher, DM alluded to that the other night, kind of suggesting the players are good guys but you need a bit of nastiness in the dressing room, as long as it’s managed properly.

• Like 1