onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

8 minutes ago, 1 said:

Moore out is a redundant thread now he's confirmed for next season. Is it just going to sit in the background all season to be brought up when we concede a goal?

Nah... I'm sure people will wait until the first defeat to revive it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Advert

2 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Did he lose two goal leads, at home, against Mediocre teams where Vale would have stayed up had they kept those leads. 

No accountability because she gave this 'phenomenal manager' a fkn five year deal!!! 

No. His teams just never showed up when playing against mediocre sides. 

Do one Bill you loser 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do one Bill you loser 

Let’s just forget the 7-0 drubbing under him. Broke all sorts of records did AC for all the wrong reasons 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do one Bill you loser 

Remind me of Moore's record again since the appointment? 

I will never.do one I love my football club... We are all Vale aren't we? 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Let’s just forget the 7-0 drubbing under him. Broke all sorts of records did AC for all the wrong reasons 

Crosby masterminded wins against Charlton and Blackpool who both comfortably stayed up. What has Moore done? 

Not much. Thank you Carol for securing him on a five year deal. We could be playing Leek town in a few seasons... Should swell the gate. 

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Confused 2

Just curious - what would your reaction have been if we'd signed these 3 strikers:

And quiz question, who are they?

image.png.d554284f03ad2da617118ba7ce8d0366.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.f2b40470077a7e39a0ba6cd82e619742.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.89b36c05fd74e513235fc7f771dc1c90.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Nah... I'm sure people will wait until the first defeat to revive it.

Who told you that? Vale are going to blow away this league next year and it's low attendance fans... 100 points plus apparently!! 

And just remember.. The players are phenomenal... The owner said so!!!! 

Edited by Killersrevenge44

8 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Poor comparison considering the difference in players between the two managers. Crosby only had 2 games with the squad Moore had, but he returned zero points. At least compare like for like.

Eh! How do you work that out? The only advantage Crosby had was Arblaster who was playing his first league games, some could argue Devine as well but in all honesty he wasn’t better than what we had at the time. Crosby went without Garrity for quite a few games who is our player of the season, Moore had him at his disposal throughout but in his own wisdom decided to play him deep, often preferring to play Weir in Garrity’s best position. 

10 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

ha ha. Talk about a contradicting statement.

You tell someone that they don't know that and yet in the same sentence, you say that they would have not thrown points away at certain games if Crosby had been in charge. Let me tell you something, not a chance, you don't know that.

You are becoming to be really boring now with your narrative of Andy Crosbore.

Guess what? Andy Crosbore lost at home to Cheltenham and got hammered away at 2nd from bottom of the table Fleetwood in which he lost his job 2 days later.

So, I'm glad that you have picked out those games when comparing Crosbore to the current manager

Let me tell you something……you are wrong (again). I never said not a chance, I said in my opinion. Totally different, so don’t lie to make a point or read my statement before having a go.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do one Bill you loser 

And that went so much better under Moore. We had some bad performances under Crosby, Fleetwood away springs to mind but IMO we were even worse under Moore, the second half against Exeter was the worst 45 minutes of any game this season.

Most important thing for next season is our recruitment. Get it wrong then we will struggle, get it right then we will hopefully be pushing for promotion. How much of that is in Moore’s control, I don’t know.

moore is in charge of the team so hopefully carol will be splashing q bit of cash to get some decent players in ! all up in the air so just gotta wait n see !🤞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Most important thing for next season is our recruitment. Get it wrong then we will struggle, get it right then we will hopefully be pushing for promotion. How much of that is in Moore’s control, I don’t know.

The question I have is what is a competitive budget top 6 league 2? I say 3 million 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Just curious - what would your reaction have been if we'd signed these 3 strikers:

And quiz question, who are they?

image.png.d554284f03ad2da617118ba7ce8d0366.png

image.png.f2b40470077a7e39a0ba6cd82e619742.png

image.png.89b36c05fd74e513235fc7f771dc1c90.png

Danilo Orsi - Maybe a fluke season this season, like Cole Stockton, Dom Telford......or they good service at previous clubs.

Ephron Mason Clarke - Peteborough signed him at 22 years old.

Cole Stockton - Proven scorer, needs service.

Good quiz. I think the point you are trying to make is that sometimes it works at some clubs and not others? Great post by the way.

Some have no pedigree and come good (Tom Pope), some have a great reputation and go duff?

With Massey and Grant 'supplying the service I think Haaland would have struggled to score for us this season. If Loft stays then we need two good wingers, a right wing back and left wingback, and another good striker alongside. I would take Stockton or Telford now over Uche.

Edited by MelbourneValiant
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Eh! How do you work that out? The only advantage Crosby had was Arblaster who was playing his first league games, some could argue Devine as well but in all honesty he wasn’t better than what we had at the time. Crosby went without Garrity for quite a few games who is our player of the season, Moore had him at his disposal throughout but in his own wisdom decided to play him deep, often preferring to play Weir in Garrity’s best position. 

You do remember Arblaster don't you? The "only advantage"??? The lads now captain in the Prem playing teams with 100m+ of talent in midfield off the park. Then when he was recalled Devine dropped further back and was head and shoulders above anything else we had on offer. When they'd both gone, Crosby had 2 games, got zero points. So that's how that's worked out, not rocket science.

Garrity was out injured after Carlisle away. We only played 3 games after that with Crosby in charge. Before that he wasn't being selected by Crosby at the start of the season, that wasn't down to injury. It was then clear under Moore he was back probably too soon. It took him a few weeks to get back to his best.

And despite the fact he's adored by us all, let's not be silly enough to compare Garrity with Arblaster, you'd just be embarrassing yourself if you went down that road.

Wanting Moore out despite only having that squad at his disposal is one of the worst takes I've seen.  He'll be judged by me once he has his own squad recruited. Pep wouldn't have got much more out of this squad, they were that bad.

Edited by Family Stand Terrier
  • Like 7