onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

It will be financially bad for the club with smaller gates but I see your point. We have a good enough manager. We need a new dof to sort out the club with Darren more having a good amount of control of recruitment. The academy is coming along well and other stuf of the pitch. Most importantly we need some new players in. I think the players we have are good enough for league 2 but if we want to get back up and find success in league 1 we need a very strong squad providing a good foundation to build on for league 1. The reason we failed in league 1 was because we didn't build on the mediocre league 2 squad we had. 

Ohhhhhh. I’ll break that down for you Patrick. Even if you aren’t Patrick, you’re pretty <ovf censored> delusional.

1. Financially bad? You’re damn right. Because in a league higher we have debts of 9 million quid even though Carol bought it not long ago, debt free!!

2. We have a good enough manager. Do we? These lads 4 days have made me question that. Not only did we throw in the towel before a ball was kicked against Peterborough but I’ve just witnessed the worst ever half of football I’ve ever seen at Vale park, having been 2 up, and in a huge relegation fight. Disgusting.

3. DOF. You want one. But you want Moore to have a good amount of control over recruitment? Seriously? Why waste a wage?!

4. The academy is coming along well. 
Whoopee do. What does that do for the first team apart from virtue signaling look at us?! Dipepa has stepped up. As for the rest. Nope. They aren’t good enough. Period.

5.  AND FINALLY. Number <ovf censored> 5. Good <ovf censored> lord above youth. (If you are Patrick Shanahan then pack your bags and <ovf censored> off) Because here we go, let’s break down your absolute stupid statement. 
“I think the players we have are good enough for league 2”. 
Ok. I don’t. But that’s your opinion. 
But. Your next statement…. 
“If we want to get back up we need a very strong squad” 

Yes. I agree.

And you finish with….. And this is the best bit….

”The reason we failed in league 1 was because we didn’t build on the mediocre league 2 squad we had”

Laughable. You’re an absolute clown. 
In a matter of a few seconds you state we have enough quality in the side for league 2 and then you say we haven’t built on our mediocre league 2 squad!

I don’t know who you are. 
If you’re a normal fan then fair enough. You’re probably just a bit thick. 
But if you are actually Patrick Shanahan, like most claim, then pack up your pencils in your office you absolute dimwit and get out of our club. 
Because with that summary, you are absolutely <ovf censored> clueless and should be nowhere near a football club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Advert

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Letting a dof control the recruitment is the reason we’re in this mess in the first place 🤦‍♂️ if Moore stays he needs to get his own players in 

What don't you get? He can't run a club and manage at the same time. Not in this day and age anyway. Let the dof find players let the manager see if he wants them. While also letting the manager request the odd player. Dm can't scout and negotiate contracts for a new squad on his own.

NOT EVERY DOF IS FLITCROFT 

• Confused 1

The more I think about this collapse today.

Were it Pompey or Derby who came from 2 down to beat us I'd still be fuming but accepting that they are going for promotion. 

To actually do it against a mid table experimental team with nothing to play for is an achievement in itself. 

A laughing stock you've made us today . Shame on you. 

• Like 9

So your want Darren to worry about negotiating deal and recruitment while being incharge of the first team? Just get a good dof to do it for him and give Darren more control of who he wants out of who the dof and recruitment team find. Not rocket science. Darren has enough on his plate.

Darren struggles with his "erm" strategy of how to change the course of a game if things go <ovf censored> up as head of strategy are you going to push for a significant drop in season ticket prices next season cos I think us fans deserve it and can you see if Gareth Ainsworth would still be interested in the managers job , nice one 😬👍

8 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

So you want Darren to worry about negotiating deal and recruitment while being incharge of the first team? Just get a good dof to do it for him and give Darren more control of who he wants out of who the dof and recruitment team find. Not rocket science. Darren has enough on his plate.

You expect Darren on his own to do a full rebuild of good player? 

Thats why you have a dof.

Not as simple as you think Nippy.

They have always coped in the past.  I understand things have changed but im not convinced we need one. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

What don't you get? He can't run a club and manage at the same time. Not in this day and age anyway. Let the dof find players let the manager see if he wants them. While also letting the manager request the odd player. Dm can't scout and negotiate contracts for a new squad on his own.

The DOF model doesn't work 

Wake up and smell the coffee 

Run a club ? That's the job of the owners surely no wonder Dms thought process is scrambled if your asking him to run the club and manage the football team 🙂🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

The DOF model doesn't work 

Wake up and smell the coffee 

This is nonsense. 

Flitcroft didn't work for us. That doesn't mean a DoF wouldn't.

If you want to put the power of recruiting into the hands of the manager, ask yourself based on the manager's approaches to the games since he's been in charge whether that would be a better idea. 

I really don't think so. 

We've lacked a set identity or set up to the team, Darren Moore has proven himself so far to be a pragmatic manager whose performances with the team so far you could quite rightly question. 

I've got no wish at the moment to give DM the power of recruiting our first team squad that doesn't match up what we are doing with the academy, because it really does seem like it would be all over the place. 

We just need a DoF and recruitment team who can bring in the right players for the right positions, so that when Moore isn't here any more, a manager can step in without massive upheaval. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

When ever I say anything that is true you never have anything intelligent to say

You talk bollox but I won't hold it against you anyway crack on with your bin existent strategy,I'm just hoping these championship ready facilities will be put to good use some time in the near future