onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why???

melv

11 hours ago, Phil500 said:

Seven months contract = £120, 000.  IF he had scored goals that had kept Vale in this division money well spent. Who could foresee his series injury.?

He wasn’t fit when we signed him, he works on his fitness for 4 months and still cannot pass a medical at 2 clubs. It was a bad buy, our recruitment system failed miserably to the tune of between 3-4 K per week, this has prevented us from bringing else someone in. Then you can add to the fact we kept Wilson where we are lucky (or not, depending on opinion) that he has not had more time off to injury.

• Like 5

Advert

11 hours ago, WV said:

Bri, you can go and speak to DF at the club, or ask a player, or speak to the clubs accountant or someone who has dinner with Carol after home games and ask them. When you have done that, let me know. 

So, you know each players wage because every player tell's you what are they earning  when you are serving up their cappuccino?

17 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

So, you know each players wage because every player tell's you what are they earning  when you are serving up their cappuccino?

Yes Brian. Of course. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Remember, you are the one telling everyone that the club is skint and now all of a sudden you know every player's weekly wage. Do me and everyone a favour

I never said I knew every players wages. You have a habit of making things up Bri. I’ve been told by someone who I trust that there is a cap on wages and it is £3k a week. Stop making things up. I don’t serve cappuccino either.👍🏻

I believe them. You don’t believe me. You don’t have to get personal and try to belittle my job when most people would think themselves lucky to do a job they love and one that pays very well. 👌 

Edited by WV
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WV said:

I never said I knew every players wages. You have a habit of making things up Bri. I’ve been told by someone who I trust that there is a cap on wages and it is £3k a week. Stop making things up. I don’t serve cappuccino either.👍🏻

I believe them. You don’t believe me. You don’t have to get personal and try to belittle my job when most people would think themselves lucky to do a job they love and one that pays very well. 👌 

Is it the same someone that told you that the club is skint, something that you have been repeating on here for a number of months now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Is it the same someone that told you that the club is skint, something that you have been repeating on here for a number of months now?

Yes. Has our transfer business suggested we are loaded ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

He wasn’t fit when we signed him, he works on his fitness for 4 months and still cannot pass a medical at 2 clubs. It was a bad buy, our recruitment system failed miserably to the tune of between 3-4 K per week, this has prevented us from bringing else someone in. Then you can add to the fact we kept Wilson where we are lucky (or not, depending on opinion) that he has not had more time off to injury.

Biggest issue was, the window had shut when we signed Uche. There was nobody else really around. The big issue for me is that we were unable, with Flitcroft’s “talents” to find someone in budget who was more effective in summer..

12 hours ago, i vale said:

Adams didn't do anything after he left Vale. He had a inform Tom Pope in a otherwise mid table side

But Micky Adams was a brilliant man manager he had players running thru brick walls for him and helped transform Popey into a goal machine 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

13 hours ago, rob1983 said:

I'm not sure Carol wants us to stay in league one. Probably make more money in league two If we're in and around the top six. Fans will always come an watch a winning team pushing for promotion, and the players will be on lower wages. Winner winner chicken dinner. Think, smurf said something similar when he was un charge.

Well if you look at the cold, hard figures there is a legitimate, sensible business argument to that. The money for being in league 1 does not reward the investment required over being in league 2. You can see that with the top players on £9000 plus a week, that you never see in league 2. Won’t get the money back either. 

So you either need a lot of surplus money from fans through big gates or the EFL need to make the money in league 1 much greater than league 2 in their new distribution deal for promotion to make business sense. 

As it stands, league 1 is a no man’s land of aspirational big fallen champ clubs and those clubs too big for league 1 but unlikely to sustain a champ charge. 

22 hours ago, melv said:

Why can’t Carol see what is happening.Why is Carol letting this demise continue?

There must be some reason and I don’t have a clue what that reason is.But Why is DF still here as DoF when he has failed in so many transfer windows?

Can Carol not see the damage that he is causing.Damage that could lose the club a lot of support and money?The value of the club itself is decreasing.

Is there some sort of reason why Carol is letting this happen.The club co

Because she's all about image and feeding her ego.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1