onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

Advert

8 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

He had a better impact than Moore! 

I am not going to attack Moore. I thought there was a run of games under Crosby post New Year where we'd hold our own and get enough points to stay up. But we didn't and kept losing. This has added  new dimensions to our problems. The team is now completely shot of confidence. The team must hate playing at home. Moore is faced with a very difficult position. What do you do when you hype everyone one up and the captain passes the ball to the opposition in front of an open goal after 2 mins!

49 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

You were talking about Moore not Flitcroft.

Stick with what you were arguing with me about, eh?

I did stick to the topic in hand. But I find it more amusing your'e labeling of me and yet you're the one who thinks I'm Bill Bratt and on an agenda to retake the club. 

Chance would be a fine thing. If Bratt came back with a personal fortune to buy the club back I wouldn't stop him. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I am not going to attack Moore. I thought there was a run of games under Crosby post New Year where we'd hold our own and get enough points to stay up. But we didn't and kept losing. This has added  new dimensions to our problems. The team is now completely shot of confidence. The team must hate playing at home. Moore is faced with a very difficult position. What do you do when you hype everyone one up and the captain passes the ball to the opposition in front of an open goal after 2 mins!

Put him on the transfer list and hope he doesn't do it again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

How bad was Jones ? Didn't go as went out and enjoyed myself instead. 

I'm really biased as I've long been an advocate that he's utterly garbage. Weirdly overrated on here.

My lad said he never wants to see him in a Vale shirt again and he's usually quite reserved. So I assumed that he must of been horrific. 

He was absolutely awful. I left after the second goal, but had it on the radio on the way home and at home and lost count of the times Bowers and Yates said "bad pass from Dan Jones", "poor marking from Jones", and Moore even said in his post match that he would have changed more players than he did when he hauled off Clark and Lowe

• Like 2

It struck me yesterday how few of the squad have actually played AND succeeded at this level prior to the last two seasons: 

Ripley - yes, but relegated 

Jones - no

Sang - no

Lopata - no

Smith - yes, but relegated 

Clark - yes, but relegated 

Garrity - no

Loft - no

Chislett - no

Mighten - yes, but sent back from a loan

Ikpeazu - yes

Ojo - yes

Grant - yes but only one season where he barely played

Lowe - yes, but legs have gone

Iacovitti - no

Massey - yes

Weir - yes, but relegated 

Plant - no

Walters - no

Dipepa - no

Debrah - no

Wilson - yes

Not to mention Arblaster, Devine, Balmer and Thomas were all on their first loans.

It all comes back to recruiting a squad with very little League One experience, and those that did have it were over the hill or had been relegated. 

Its no surprise we are where we are.

You would hope IF Moore is given scope to bring in his own players, he will get some experienced League Two heads with a track record of promotions, not a bunch of kids, has beens and National League players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Not enough under Moore. Anyone with any flair doesn't start. Yet Moore keeps starting Jones and Massey. Clueless 

Chislett done nothing since the turn of the year,apart from diving all over the pitch, to warrant a place at the moment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Chislett done nothing since the turn of the year,apart from diving all over the pitch, to warrant a place at the moment

Chislett is a League 2 Player, as are the rest of the squad except possibly Ripley and Ojo when he feels like it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Another shambles appointment and by CSs own admission 'We didn't consider anyone else' 

The club is a joke

Didn’t she say something similar on the appointment of AC. If you want to protest about the club, then those who’ve had ST’s this season don’t turn up for the last game, they’ve had your money so it’s no financial loss. Empty terraces they might start getting the message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, philpvfc said:

He was shocking yesterday, 2nd worst player on the pitch behind Lowe but I think he could be a decent left back in a back 4, same as Cass, neither are wing backs but played as full backs they could be decent. Said it when we signed Cass- terrible signing unless we change our system and potentially proven right if reports of how he is doing at Stockport are correct.

Phil, you’ll have to excuse me are you talking about Jones.?

25 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, you’ll have to excuse me are you talking about Jones.?

Yep, in the past for us he has played well, unlike Cass who has never played well for us so on that basis and the fact Jones is never a wing back he should be a lot better at full back.