onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

10 hours ago, Black N White said:

Where is the evidence she has invested 10M? 

Didn’t think so. 

She certainly hasn’t invested any money for two years and I would like to know where the money the club is generating is going? 

It’s ok now we have El presidente! 

Edited by Splodger
What language is this because it sounds like b****cks to me 🤔😂😂
  • Haha 1

Advert

17 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Here On planet earth , I see it differently

If Fraudcroft stays we are F#####

Carol needs to pull rank and tell him to spend money on the players instead of plush training facilities ,enough Is enough.

There’s not much that will change if he went today tho mate. Nothing will happen until end of the season that’s if he did go. I feel your frustration too but we have to accept he’s going nowhere especially for the time being. UTV 💪🏻 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Black N White said:

Who’s winding anyone up? I’ve made valid points and I don’t see  anyone questioning me with any evidence or arguing my point with any logical points. 

Just the usual Carol’s doing a wonderful job, he must a wind up, blah blah. 

You lot really need to wake and quick. We are on course to be relegated and no one gives a toss. Let’s all hail saint Carol she saved us! 

Don’t see millionaires/billionaires queuing down Hamil Road 😳be careful what you wish for 

4 minutes ago, Valient1961 said:

Don’t see millionaires/billionaires queuing down Hamil Road 😳 

I'm fully behind Carol and not sure where Black N White is coming from but I hate statements like this. 

I put it under exactly the same umbrella for those they say "well, can you imagine if we would have sacked a certain John Rudge when he got relegated in his first season being the Vale manager" 

They are both just daft statements

• Like 4

On 22/02/2024 at 09:28, Rampant Zebra said:

That is the point though, it does dim the hope. The corner seems to get further away rather than closer as we reverse towards league 2.

I can only speak for myself.  I’m always hopeful that things will improve, which they do, football is ups ‘n’ downs.

• Like 2

On 22/02/2024 at 12:02, PVFC764 said:

I have watched Vale, all around the world for 50 years.  I have had the misfortune of seeing them in Div 2.  Always hoping we would progress up the leagues. 

Each time I, like many others hope we would bounce straight back up.  Just when you thought great new owners, setting things up so the club progresses on and off the pitch.  Talk the talk about getting Championship ready and now we are well into a relegation battle.  

Can't see how we are going to get out of the relegation zone due to the rubbish transfer windows we have seen.  The squad seems to have got worse, rather than stronger.  Carol says Fraudcroft is responsible for everything on the pitch, yet seems to be teflon about taking the blame and doing something about it.

So what’s tipped you over the edge?  You’ve seen far worse than where we are now.

• Like 3

I'll be renewing mine because I am a Vale fan who has seen up and downs over 50 years, this is just one of the downs, although this time I feel its a temporary one. We finally have a manager to believe in, whether that's league 1 or 2, Saturday's are football days. Stay away fans can have some solice that they'll be helping the local economy....whilst out shopping.

Edited by BursleyBoy
Wrong word
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, andy jones said:

Yeah some looking at the bigger picture .... stay away, don't support the team, Carol gets fed up of the <ovf censored> and calls it a day, Administration and closure.

Alternatively looking at a different picture .... support the new Manager and team, give them confidence, team wins both home games stay in division, RW gets involved as he stated, local Derbies next season against Wrexham, Stockport, Crewe, and hopefully Sjoke. Win the lot and play offs beckon.

Oh and if you go enjoy the pre-match with friends.

For me there's no choice as aftera lifetime of going there's not enough years left to find happiness elsewhere. 

Although Leek Town are well worth watching this season. 10 pts clear at top of division.

I aren't saying anyone is right or wrong on this thread as everyone has the right to do what they want BUT what i will say is i will Guarantee that Carol wont put us in admin while she is owed 10m so she might call it a day but 100% it wont be admin or closure

I think the most hurtful part of this sorry saga is that many of us, myself included, felt that things were going to be different this time.

The win at Wembley and against Swindon suggested that perhaps we would become one of those clubs whose fans seem to have a good time and see a decent number of wins. I remember descring Wembley as 'cathartic'. The twenty years of cowboys and shambles were behind us. We could solidify in the third tier and enjoy some good away games. Carol seemed to know what she was doing and the football team was doing well.

To be at risk of undoing all of the good work, not through bad luck but through incompetence, is really disappointing. I can deal with us being one of the poorer sides in the third tier and being outspent, but I struggle to come to terms with repeated, obvious, warned-of failures at director level and the seeming lack of accountability for them.

We aren't at risk of relegation as that is the natural order of things, but because folks upstairs made daft decisions despite the supposedly ignorant fanbase sounding the alarm in advance, on a number of occasions going back 18 months.

Of course, I will renew my ST as I enjoy it too much and it's simply what I do with my Saturdays - but I can understand why the 1,000ish we gained between 2021 and 2023, without the deep ties we all have, will now decide they won't bother, and that's what will cause us problems. You cannot retain walk-ups and new young fans with 30 defeats in 53.

I'll just go into the 24/25 season, should we be in League 2, even more pessimistic about PVFC and will temper my expectations as much as possible. Won't make the same mistake of getting excited again.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think the most hurtful part of this sorry saga is that many of us, myself included, felt that things were going to be different this time.

The win at Wembley and against Swindon suggested that perhaps we would become one of those clubs whose fans seem to have a good time and see a decent number of wins. I remember descring Wembley as 'cathartic'. The twenty years of cowboys and shambles were behind us. We could solidify in the third tier and enjoy some good away games. Carol seemed to know what she was doing and the football team was doing well.

To be at risk of undoing all of the good work, not through bad luck but through incompetence, is really disappointing. I can deal with us being one of the poorer sides in the third tier and being outspent, but I struggle to come to terms with repeated, obvious, warned-of failures at director level and the seeming lack of accountability for them.

We aren't at risk of relegation as that is the natural order of things, but because folks upstairs made daft decisions despite the supposedly ignorant fanbase sounding the alarm in advance, on a number of occasions going back 18 months.

Of course, I will renew my ST as I enjoy it too much and it's simply what I do with my Saturdays - but I can understand why the 1,000ish we gained between 2021 and 2023 will now decide they won't bother, and that's what will cause us problems. You cannot retain walk-ups and new young fans with 30 defeats in 53.

I'll just go into the 24/25 season, should we be in League 2, even more pessimistic about PVFC and will temper my expectations as much as possible. Won't make the same mistake of getting excited again.

Spot on we should after Swindon at home had the home ground packed every game

We should have invested in strikers we should have took a calculated risk on a Clark Johnson etc we should not have been as a United fanbase after Wembley go into néw season with Tommy Mcdermott up front we did .

We should be up there with Derby and Bolton in my opinion. 

We have moved backwards its downright annoying. 

Matchday has become a chore it shouldn't folk should be expecting full hearted ,bloodied players ,turning out for Vale not I'm.coming off the pitch with a shirt clean as when went on and what seems at times to me a complete lack of understanding of how to win games. 

You win games by running ,moving with the ball,making angles and playing with tempo .

We don't we pass it slowly then expect Ripley find killer ball it's all a bit crap but like I say its our crap .

We have a decent manager now and moving forwards after this season hopefully we will have the players our fans deserve however folk not renewing with ultimately mean shopping at lower end purchases .

Good post though Joe I'm.bitterly disappointed in how the club as allowed us get third from bottom with a horrific 31 points from 31 games .

It's now up to the fans keep the team up as always always falls on the fans but I think we can stay up then the hard work starts for Moore

He as to be ruthless and get players contracts paid up and moved on if he does 24/25 be better miles better .

Edited by Devine intervention

I love Carol and appreciate all both Carol and Kevin have done, and to a degree Flitcroft who turned us around hiring DC and the great window we had the summer of 2021.

That doesnt mean they can't be questioned on the failings now however which are probably more likely than not going to put us back where we were in 2021 in L2 needing a summer to build a promotion side again.

IF we go down it wont be your typical lack of spending in the club, £10 million, some on the purchase granted but we probably have more spending on the club than we ever have... it wont be down to being poorly owned or a basket case either so it feels a very needless situation to be in to be honest... thats the main frustration.

• Like 1

I have a bit of a jaunt for home games. Easy to be motivated when we are playing teams like Pompey, Derby,Bolton and the likes, less so for Crawley, Wimbledon and Grimsby.For the first time in a long time it will not be an automatic decision. I just feel sad and frustrated that we are seemingly squandering our promotion by repeating last years mistakes. I don't care whether Flitcroft stays or goes to be fair, but it would be nice for him to admit the process failed regarding a striker/wingback over the last two/three transfer windows and not release a podcast saying how hard he works. That surely is a given. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Spot on we should after Swindon at home had the home ground packed every game

We should have invested in strikers we should have took a calculated risk on a Clark Johnson etc we should not have been as a United fanbase after Wembley go into néw season with Tommy Mcdermott up front we did .

We should be up there with Derby and Bolton in my opinion. 

We have moved backwards its downright annoying. 

Matchday has become a chore it shouldn't folk should be expecting full hearted ,bloodied players ,turning out for Vale not I'm.coming off the pitch with a shirt clean as when went on and what seems at times to me a complete lack of understanding of how to win games. 

You win games by running ,moving with the ball,making angles and playing with tempo .

We don't we pass it slowly then expect Ripley find killer ball it's all a bit crap but like I say its our crap .

We have a decent manager now and moving forwards after this season hopefully we will have the players our fans deserve however folk not renewing with ultimately mean shopping at lower end purchases .

Good post though Joe I'm.bitterly disappointed in how the club as allowed us get third from bottom with a horrific 31 points from 31 games .

It's now up to the fans keep the team up as always always falls on the fans but I think we can stay up then the hard work starts for Moore

He as to be ruthless and get players contracts paid up and moved on if he does 24/25 be better miles better .

Up there with Derby and Bolton?  Afraid not. They can afford to pay many players £9000 a week, which attracts better players.  We are not fishing in the same pond.

May get lucky with one or two bad boys ( such as Lee Mills, Tom Pope and Lee Hughes) but these are few and far between. They usually are more like Ricky Miller and Matty Taylor. Oh for a “Lazy” striker like Leon Constantine.

Its not about competing with Derby or Bolton for me but we should be competitive with sides like Wycombe, Stevenage and Lincoln so no reason we shouldn't be competing. We are a bigger club than the 3 in the drop zone with us for example, should be capable of finishing with or above Burton, Shrewsbury or Exeter.

• Like 1