onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

Advert

3 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Do we even need a DoF? Don't forget,no one ever talked about needing one... other than flitcroft when he CONvinced Carol that we needed one.

Carol said she wanted Fraudcroft cos she didn't know much about football but guess what neither does Fraudcroft. The guys a conman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBE said:

A lot of clubs call the position Spirting Director.

Ive not researched it be I would imagine it’s something like 90% of clubs have a DoF or SD which is the same remit.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/championship-director-of-football-hull-city-coventry-cardiff-sheffield-wednesday-qpr-preston-north-end-4489691

"Preston North End remain one of the six clubs [out of 24 in the Championship] to operate without one, along with Cardiff City, Coventry City, Sheffield Wednesday, Queens Park Rangers and Hull City".

Don't know how many League One and League Two clubs "struggle" on without one. One would think much higher than the 25% of the Championship. 

Let's have a look at the bottom two of League Two....
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-forest-green-rovers-head-9114560

https://www.suttonunited.net/teams/first-team/squad/management/terry-bullivant

Weird that, almost like success on the pitch and where a team finishes in the EFL table has little to no correlation with whether they have a director of football or not....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

No you've had the fortune of watching us in the championship.

League 1 / League 2 is where Vale should be based on the size of the fanbase and catchment area.

You've never had the misfortune of watching Vale in non League

Nearly have tho.  Managed to stay in the league.  That was a worrying time.

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Carol said she wanted Fraudcroft cos she didn't know much about football but guess what neither does Fraudcroft. The guys a conman

He said the other week he is available to talk to any fan who wants to. I've no idea if he's a con-man or not but if you have your doubts about him, maybe take him up on his offer and report back with your experience.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Black N White said:

I’m DEFINITELY not renewing until Carol sells up. 

Takes us fans for granted and has single handed ruined all the promotion momentum. 

Sells every player going and doesn’t replace them. 

Does not deserve our support and if you think I’m handing over hundreds of pounds to piss in a portaloo think again. 

Carol out! 

I agree with you mate carol needs to wake up ,she needs to be careful alienating our fanbase iits a massive error of judgement on her part  expecting us to like it or lump it I found the open letter very condescending  and showed a lack of respect towards us .

I respect your decision, mate 👍 UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

She had Colin Garlic to advise her, till he was pushed / decided to leave - depending on what camp you listen to.  Things changed when Fraudcroft came for the managers interview post and ended up walking out of the interview with a DoF post which wasn't even thought of needing at the time.  Since then he knew he Carol hook line and sinker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black N White said:

Might have something to do with where we are in the table and how s*** we are. What is 3 wins in 27? 

Jog on happy clapper!

you will get the club you deserve. 

CAROL OUT! 

I'd rather be a happy clapper than an unhappy urinater. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, smithie said:

He said the other week he is available to talk to any fan who wants to. I've no idea if he's a con-man or not but if you have your doubts about him, maybe take him up on his offer and report back with your experience.

I work for a living so have limited free time you dipstick  .I've got better things to do than listen to Fraudcrofts BS

You must enjoy watching mediocre football  with Fraudcroft at the helm,  Crack on and Keep happy clapping,.

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/championship-director-of-football-hull-city-coventry-cardiff-sheffield-wednesday-qpr-preston-north-end-4489691

"Preston North End remain one of the six clubs [out of 24 in the Championship] to operate without one, along with Cardiff City, Coventry City, Sheffield Wednesday, Queens Park Rangers and Hull City".

Don't know how many League One and League Two clubs "struggle" on without one. One would think much higher than the 25% of the Championship. 

Let's have a look at the bottom two of League Two....
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-forest-green-rovers-head-9114560

https://www.suttonunited.net/teams/first-team/squad/management/terry-bullivant

Weird that, almost like success on the pitch and where a team finishes in the EFL table has little to no correlation with whether they have a director of football or not....

Wrex, I don't think you can't take 1 season in isolation and you have to take into account a clubs infrastructure to judge the success of a Sporting Director or Director of Football role.

Edited by MBE

8 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

People acting like we've never been in league 2 before even though it's where we spend the majority of our time 😂

It's remarkable how consistently wrong you are about everything!

Div 2 - 41 seasons
Div 3 - 47 seasons
Div 4 - 23 seasons

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Fans will be angry if we do get relegated and miss out on potential derby games against Stoke and Crewe.

Some of the happy clappers like smithie and Vtd can't grasp that reality though , maybe one day they'll wake up and see the light  mate 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Fans will be angry if we do get relegated and miss out on potential derby games against Stoke and Crewe.

I’ll be sad regardless. To be honest its a long shot I don’t think the poop from down the road will go down anyway & Crewe will drop off