onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

11 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I have watched Vale, all around the world for 50 years.  I have had the misfortune of seeing them in Div 2.  Always hoping we would progress up the leagues. 

Each time I, like many others hope we would bounce straight back up.  Just when you thought great new owners, setting things up so the club progresses on and off the pitch.  Talk the talk about getting Championship ready and now we are well into a relegation battle.  

Can't see how we are going to get out of the relegation zone due to the rubbish transfer windows we have seen.  The squad seems to have got worse, rather than stronger.  Carol says Fraudcroft is responsible for everything on the pitch, yet seems to be teflon about taking the blame and doing something about it.

No you've had the fortune of watching us in the championship.

League 1 / League 2 is where Vale should be based on the size of the fanbase and catchment area.

You've never had the misfortune of watching Vale in non League

Advert

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

🙄 I want that clown to go because he’s not good at his job & is taking us backwards not because of a single relegation IF that happens 

So what would be him being good at his job, in your opinion?

And who are you replacing him with

Edited by NorthwoodValiant
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

So what would be him being good at his job, in your opinion?

And who are you replacing him with

Making our squad stronger not weaker would help. Not chasing players like Ryan loft etc for 18 months. Facing the public & not hiding behind his desktop, I could go on & on but can’t be arsed!  There’s plenty of directors of football out there more capable than David Flitcroft this is season ticket thread by the way not Flitcroft 👍🏻 I was just saying people aren’t renewing because of what’s going on behind the scenes not because we may be getting relegated 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Making our squad stronger not weaker would help. Not chasing players like Ryan loft etc for 18 months. Facing the public & not hiding behind his desktop. There’s plenty of directors of football out there more capable than David Flitcroft this is season ticket thread by the way not Flitcroft 👍🏻 I was just saying people aren’t renewing because of what’s going on behind the scenes not because we may be getting relegated 

No people aren't renewing because we aren't winning, and by not winning we are in the relegation zone.

Noone would give a <ovf censored> about Flitcroft if we were in 14th place

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doha said:

This is such a lazy trope.

David Flitcroft is not the only person in the universe capable of being PVFC's DOF despite the apparent infatuation with him.

Given he'd never done it before, literally anybody with previous EFL managerial experience is as qualified as he was when she hired him.

Never said he was.

But then there's no guarantee that the replacement would be any better.

What you gonna do? Change the DoF every year?

Blame someone else then?

Would we need new owners then?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

This is such a lazy trope.

David Flitcroft is not the only person in the universe capable of being PVFC's DOF despite the apparent infatuation with him.

Given he'd never done it before, literally anybody with previous EFL managerial experience is as qualified as he was when she hired him.

The main reason he's still here is that balance sheets show he's made a profit in 3 windows. 

It can only be that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Never said he was.

But then there's no guarantee that the replacement would be any better.

What you gonna do? Change the DoF every year?

Blame someone else then?

Would we need new owners then?

So we should stick with DF then? Are you still happy that we’ve invested so much off the pitch and not focussed on the pitch? I remember you explaining so vicariously how much more important our off the field improvements were. Well this is the result. 

So if you have an employee who is poor in their role, never turn up calling in sick all the time ect, you shouldn’t sack them as the replacement might be just as bad? That’s not how it works. DF should be removed for poor performance. It’s then up to Carol to ensure a suitable replacement is appointed.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

No people aren't renewing because we aren't winning, and by not winning we are in the relegation zone.

Noone would give a <ovf censored> about Flitcroft if we were in 14th place

Listen if you want to renew that’s fine but don’t be calling people out who aren’t. It’s there choice I personally will continue to go when & as I can but if others don’t that’s upto them. He’s destroying the club everyone else can see it but you & the small minority 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

So we should stick with DF then? Are you still happy that we’ve invested so much off the pitch and not focussed on the pitch? I remember you explaining so vicariously how much more important our off the field improvements were. Well this is the result. 

So if you have an employee who is poor in their role, never turn up calling in sick all the time ect, you shouldn’t sack them as the replacement might be just as bad? That’s not how it works. DF should be removed for poor performance. It’s then up to Carol to ensure a suitable replacement is appointed.

I am absolutely happy we've invested so much off the pitch because that investment is guaranteed and lasts for years.

Anybody with any ounce of business sense will understand that, if we get relegated, we've still spent that money and it doesn't need spending again, so I'm very happy thanks.

Does Dave Flitcroft not turn up and call in sick or have you made that bit up?

Who's sacking carol if she makes a poor appointment? Bare in mind she says she knows nothing about football but you trust her to pick someone better?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Listen if you want to renew that’s fine but don’t be calling people out who aren’t. It’s there choice I personally will continue to go when & as I can but if others don’t that’s upto them. He’s destroying the club everyone else can see it but you & the small minority 

I haven't called out anyone.

I have said that people are angry because vale aren't winning. And I am correctly, pointing out that people don't care about behind the scenes if we win.

He's destroying the club but before he came in it was much worse? Got it.

The only person that can destroy the club is Carol. If I was her, I'd be starting right now and be getting my money back

2 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I am absolutely happy we've invested so much off the pitch because that investment is guaranteed and lasts for years.

Anybody with any ounce of business sense will understand that, if we get relegated, we've still spent that money and it doesn't need spending again, so I'm very happy thanks.

Does Dave Flitcroft not turn up and call in sick or have you made that bit up?

Who's sacking carol if she makes a poor appointment? Bear in mind she says she knows nothing about football but you trust her to pick someone better?

I was using example. Unless you’re being a bit of a <ovf censored> on purpose it’s blatantly obvious he isn’t fit for the role and is single handedly taking us back to league 2. He should be removed from the role. The replacements quality is then down to Carol, should we have kept Crosby? I saw that argument tossed about on here. We can’t sack him as there will be no decent options out there, Darren Moore. Sack DF, if another poor DOF is appointed then that would be on Carol and yes would need replacing. Same as in every job.

i don’t trust her to make a good appointment no.  But again that Dosent mean we stick with Flitcroft!! 

We’ve spent Synectics money yes, I can’t wait to see us having the best scoreboard and drains in league 2. May not have to fund them, but we will be needing to fund the playing bill on a much lower budget when crowds dramatically decrease along with season ticket sales. 

For me as I’ve argued with you in the past. Get the product on the pitch to a decent standard and then improve off the field. we’re going to have facilities that we simply do not need and are of little benefit in league 2. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I was using example. Unless you’re being a bit of a <ovf censored> on purpose it’s blatantly obvious he isn’t fit for the role and is single handedly taking us back to league 2. He should be removed from the role. The replacements quality is then down to Carol, should we have kept Crosby? I saw that argument tossed about on here. We can’t sack him as there will be no decent options out there, Darren Moore. Sack DF, if another poor DOF is appointed then that would be on Carol and yes would need replacing. Same as in every job.

i don’t trust her to make a good appointment no.  But again that Dosent mean we stick with Flitcroft!! 

We’ve spent Synectics money yes, I can’t wait to see us having the best scoreboard and drains in league 2. May not have to fund them, but we will be needing to fund the playing bill on a much lower budget when crowds dramatically decrease along with season ticket sales. 

For me as I’ve argued with you in the past. Get the product on the pitch to a decent standard and then improve off the field. we’re going to have facilities that we simply do not need and are of little benefit in league 2. 

Comprehensively disagree.

Even of we go down, we can spend less off the pitch, have a better budget, and then when we come back up we'll be in a much stronger position.

The off field stuff HAD to happen at some point, once it's done it's done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1