onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shuker signs up for 2 years

sapperclarke

Advert

I just want BOOOOOOOMMMMMM to sign a deal now and then i aren't too fussed on the others(apart from maybe Davis),then we can start rebuilding.

By my reckoning if McCombe and Davis do sign then we will have about 14 pro's including a crocked Burge,so we could really be seeing 7 or 8 new faces coming in:unsure:

...such good news that the Club don't even include it on the official site !!! Even though the pair may not have actually put pen to paper yet, you would have thought that a positive news story like this would have been something worth putting out to the fans. Or do the Club think they will look daft if the players change their minds?

Guest TommyMac

I hope the quality of any new signings means Shuker and Dodds are nothing more than bit part squad players else I fear another mediocre season awaits.

Shuker is a good player at League Two level along with having bag fulls of experience. I know he played a handful of games for us but I see it as our first new signing for the 12/13 season and as a very decent start.

happy with shuker signing . he will make a difference to our midfield next season as he can pass and shoot aswell as having some pace. hopefully with a good pre season behind him his fitness will be up there for the start of the season.

Agree Shuker is a signing we needed to make.

Lets not get too carried away though.

His best games were when we played 5 / 3 / 2 or 3 / 5 / 2

Shuker was then free to play anywhere and always had someone behind him.

The last couple of games with Shuker in the middle of 4 / 4 / 2 left us very weak

He needs to be free to get into the box but this role does not fit into the 4 / 4 / 2 system

Can he play out wide ? Possible but he is not the out and out winger we need

I think Shuker is a good signing.

I wonder if MA wants him to play central or wide midfield?

With the departure of Griffiths, could Shuker & Loft play in the middle together? Loft has proved he has the ability to tackle and we've seen he can do the play-maker role.

Just a thought.

Archived