onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

3 points

Without our -10 points we would have finished 3 points off the playoffs. Anyone else got that feeling that maybe this year should have been our year? The table should make it obvious to all of those who screamed for a full clear out of players that that isn't what is needed. We don't need wholesale changes to win promotion next year just a small injection of quality. Perhaps next season people can try and back the players and manager all the way through the season, not just when we win a game?

I have a good feeling about next season already and can't wait for it to start. Hopefully when the season starts England will be European championship winners and when it finishes Vale will be league 2 champions.

Advert

Without our -10 points we would have finished 3 points off the playoffs. Anyone else got that feeling that maybe this year should have been our year? The table should make it obvious to all of those who screamed for a full clear out of players that that isn't what is needed. We don't need wholesale changes to win promotion next year just a small injection of quality. Perhaps next season people can try and back the players and manager all the way through the season, not just when we win a game?

I have a good feeling about next season already and can't wait for it to start. Hopefully when the season starts England will be European championship winners and when it finishes Vale will be league 2 champions.

:blink:

I want a glass of what you have just drunk!!

I think vale need only 3-4 more players to get out of this ***** league thats with rico stayin and griff but I believe he's gone. I think we defo need a keeper, a left back and a 15+ goal forward at the minimum and the dead wood gone.

Wholesale changes are not required. We do, however, need to get rid of average players we've carried for 4 seasons.

I'd keep about 7 or 8 of the current lot. We most definitely need a 'keeper, left back, two wingers and a goalscorer.

And a pacy right back and a central midfielder that can contribute to goals along side Loft

And a pacy right back and a central midfielder that can contribute to goals along side Loft

We don't necessarily need pace there, as much as it'd be nice to have it.

I hope Loft can score goals next season because I really like the partnership of Loft and Shuker.

We don't necessarily need pace there, as much as it'd be nice to have it.

I hope Loft can score goals next season because I really like the partnership of Loft and Shuker.

I think we need 2 full backs that can get forward and get balls into the box, instead of just getting forward then playing it back again. Which is kind of what we had with Kris Taylor

I think we need 2 full backs that can get forward and get balls into the box, instead of just getting forward then playing it back again. Which is kind of what we had with Kris Taylor

Shouldn't it be the job of the wingers to get balls into the box though, and not the full backs?

That's more or less saying we should play with wing backs and have them overlapping. It wouldn't work with us.

Shouldn't it be the job of the wingers to get balls into the box though, and not the full backs?

That's more or less saying we should play with wing backs and have them overlapping. It wouldn't work with us.

Im just saying it would be nice to have a full back that can run with the ball a little, and be more positive in going forward.

Im just saying it would be nice to have a full back that can run with the ball a little, and be more positive in going forward.

I would, but the majority of successful sides have average players in certain positions, and don't have top players in all areas of the pitch. These 'average' players are compensated by those around them. Not many decent right backs in League Two.

Shrewsbury are lucky to have somebody like Grandison though.

It's worth remembering that scraping into the play offs is still a fair way off actually being promoted..

It is our best points haul since relegation, so by and large we dispatched the lower sides quite well.

However Vale didn't win a single game against any of the top 7 this season, and in many of those games never looked like having the quality to do so.

Archived