onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Tickets 2012-13

Stafford Valiant

I don't why people are getting so upset regards the season ticket deadline. Just to put it all into some sort of context please consider the following:

1) KR is & will not be in control of the club until late June/early July so up until then the Administrator calls the shots.

2) The revenue ST sales generate will be required way before then to sustain the club over the close season & to provide funds for player contracts (which tend to commence on July 1st).

3) Everyone knows that the 'early bird' offer always ends around this time of year (April/May) so it can hardly be a shock.

4) By contrast Stoke's 'early bird' over ended 4 weeks ago.

5) I agree times are hard & money tight but even if you bought a ST the day before the first match of the season, you'd only pay £14.56/game (compared to £11.82/game now) - still very reasonable & you'd have an extra 4 months to save or 4 months interest dependant on your finances.

Time to put the politics to one side & support the club.

Well said, it could also be said that the club will benefit if fewer people take advantage of the largest discount.

Advert

What r Vale like great marketing losing 5-0 two days before the cheapest season tickets expire,ya couldnt make it up hardly going have the casual supporters taking a punt with results like that.

i thought about leaving it but im going take a chance and still get one at 356 quid its hardly cheap for me and the kid but at least i have 9 months entertainment look forward too hopefully.

11-83 a game not bad 356 for me lad which is fantastic.

Yes I agree,yesterday's result couldn't have come at a worse time for S/T sales but I hope folk have the brains to look at the bigger picture and see that a new era as come to our beloved club

They say action speaks louder than words and for me it is never a truer word than what Port Vale supporters need in the coming pre-season.

I like others have renewed my season ticket. It was a difficult decision this year because of where we are and what has gone on and off the field this year. But with a new owner and his (and those within the the club) words regarding the prospect of working well together in the new season, I and others have once again taken a "leap of faith" and renewed.

However it is now time for Mr Ryder, Micky Adams, players and coaches in the club to start delivering once the season ends. It will start with Adams and his retained list. It concerns me at times regarding his loyalty to a squad that frankly isn't good enough. Most supporters recognise this and would look to (and expect) Adams to let many go. Adams then has to make the right quality player choices that so often have been lacking in recent seasons because ultimately that makes all the difference.

It will then be down to Keith Ryder to provide funds to deliver including offering "competitive" contracts for those who Adams wants to keep and then to offer him the budget needed to get the right quality of player to make us "competitive" in League 2. He has said this in offering an improvement to our budget at his meet the fans meeting. It will not be easy to do this and get players to remain or get new ones in because of the situation regarding his ownership but somehow this has to be delivered otherwise top 7 will be out of the question for next season.

Then it will be up to the new squad of players to give 100%, deliver on the pitch and have the confidence to believe they are the best side in League 2. The coaches who ever they must start delivering improvement in players mentally as well as physically to achieve this as more often than not it has been that element that has soundly been lacking (particularly in home games) in the past few seasons.

So we supporters are getting behind the team with renewing season tickets either again or after a period away because of what happened at the club. However what has not changed is our lack of ability to be a top 7 side over a season never mind top 3. Time and time again supporters are being asked to keep going to matches when really the product on the pitch is not delivering what the supporters are paying for.

It is time for Port Vale to deliver in 2012-13 because if owners, management and players don't, they might find our faith has been lost and so will our support match after match in the following seasons.

It will soon be time to deliver actions not words at Port Vale.

They say action speaks louder than words and for me it is never a truer word than what Port Vale supporters need in the coming pre-season.

I like others have renewed my season ticket. It was a difficult decision this year because of where we are and what has gone on and off the field this year. But with a new owner and his (and those within the the club) words regarding the prospect of working well together in the new season, I and others have once again taken a "leap of faith" and renewed.

However it is now time for Mr Ryder, Micky Adams, players and coaches in the club to start delivering once the season ends. It will start with Adams and his retained list. It concerns me at times regarding his loyalty to a squad that frankly isn't good enough. Most supporters recognise this and would look to (and expect) Adams to let many go. Adams then has to make the right quality player choices that so often have been lacking in recent seasons because ultimately that makes all the difference.

It will then be down to Keith Ryder to provide funds to deliver including offering "competitive" contracts for those who Adams wants to keep and then to offer him the budget needed to get the right quality of player to make us "competitive" in League 2. He has said this in offering an improvement to our budget at his meet the fans meeting. It will not be easy to do this and get players to remain or get new ones in because of the situation regarding his ownership but somehow this has to be delivered otherwise top 7 will be out of the question for next season.

Then it will be up to the new squad of players to give 100%, deliver on the pitch and have the confidence to believe they are the best side in League 2. The coaches who ever they must start delivering improvement in players mentally as well as physically to achieve this as more often than not it has been that element that has soundly been lacking (particularly in home games) in the past few seasons.

So we supporters are getting behind the team with renewing season tickets either again or after a period away because of what happened at the club. However what has not changed is our lack of ability to be a top 7 side over a season never mind top 3. Time and time again supporters are being asked to keep going to matches when really the product on the pitch is not delivering what the supporters are paying for.

It is time for Port Vale to deliver in 2012-13 because if owners, management and players don't, they might find our faith has been lost and so will our support match after match in the following seasons.

It will soon be time to deliver actions not words at Port Vale.

Couldn't agree more - every season is a disappointment. If we have a good budget there will be no excuses next season.

I do have to agree that Adams loyalty to players who have failed to deliver for the last 5 seasons is disturbing, personally i think hes a great manager but if he sticks with a lot of the current squad i would question whether hes the right man to take us forward.

Archived