onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Spot on defeats are very Vale and not surprising but that doesn't stop the hardcore supporting them however new support picked up by excellent Wembley performance will need more convincing to renew season tickets and continue there coming to games .
Big half of season come now .
The players have to deliver .
The manager has to be ruthless .
The past is gone .
The next game is the most important as new beginning .
Overall I'm quite satisfied with overall performance levels in the games I've seen .
We are not good enough to get results with poor performances though .
We have to play to maximum and be a collective obtain any kind of positive result .
A switch off in league 2 they may miss the target 9 out of ten times in league 1 you can find yourselves 4 down from 4 attempts .
We have much to do .
Love the Vale though and wish them a great 2023 and future .
Lets hope they can get the club buzzing again .
We are a long way off the side what took to the field in the 90s we need more thrust and purpose and players who in league 2 who struggled ain't going make it in league 1 they will and have being found out .

Amen to all that. Here's to a happy and hopefully less frustrating 2023.

On 21/12/2022 at 10:32, Bycarsbill said:

I guess you're correct, but it ain't half frustrating when we can perform so well occasionally and then fail to perform at all on other occasions. It's the hopes getting raised and then dashed that's the 'killer'!

A far more frustrating situation would be that we played well but lost, or worse, played poorly more often and lost more frequently.  Glass half full and all that.

Hopefully with a couple of decent additions in January, and a bit of good luck, you’ll be somewhat less frustrated in the second half if the season. 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

A far more frustrating situation would be that we played well but lost, or worse, played poorly more often and lost more frequently.  Glass half full and all that.

Hopefully with a couple of decent additions in January, and a bit of good luck, you’ll be somewhat less frustrated in the second half if the season. 👍🏻

I am generally a glass half-full type--must be all the depressing strikes and cold, wet weather! Let's hope for a good 3 points on Boxing Day.  UPTV!

On 23/12/2022 at 09:01, Bycarsbill said:

I am generally a glass half-full type--must be all the depressing strikes and cold, wet weather! Let's hope for a good 3 points on Boxing Day.  UPTV!

My glass is half full but funnily enough I don’t think you’re alone this winter, more people seem to be suffering the same malaise.  Most likely it’s down to the world we currently live in, the mess is on our own doorstep rather than someone else’s.  Hopefully you’ll get your glass topped up over the festive period. 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

My glass is half full but funnily enough I don’t think you’re alone this winter, more people seem to be suffering the same malaise.  Most likely it’s down to the world we currently live in, the mess is on our own doorstep rather than someone else’s.  Hopefully you’ll get your glass topped up over the festive period. 👍🏻

Thanks--have a good Christmas! And here's to a full-glass 2023

Archived