onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gerald Krasner

Tone

What do we know about him?

He was the Chairman of Leeds before Ken Bates took over and was responsible for selling Elland Road, which is now owned by an offshore company.

He was the administrator for Bournemouth and he appointed Alastair Saverimutto as CEO (remember him?).

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/feature/1783404/gerald-krasner-an-unlikely-saviour-leeds

Advert

He was the Chairman of Leeds before Ken Bates took over and was responsible for selling Elland Road, which is now owned by an offshore company.

He was the administrator for Bournemouth and he appointed Alastair Saverimutto as CEO (remember him?).

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/feature/1783404/gerald-krasner-an-unlikely-saviour-leeds

Like many things Leeds United is more complex than it looks. Ken Bates took the club in to a second administration and then bought it out again I think. So a study of the detail is needed, to see how everyone performed and who is ultimately responsible for the adversity.

Tone, you really don't seem to understand what administrators do. They are not your best friend they have a job to do and the fact Leeds United and Bournemouth still exist and were not liqudated shows he did his job at those clubs

Tone, you really don't seem to understand what administrators do. They are not your best friend they have a job to do and the fact Leeds United and Bournemouth still exist and were not liqudated shows he did his job at those clubs

That's fine. So we can trust them implicitly to do the right thing?

And, by the way, he was not an administrator at Leeds. He was Chairman.

That's fine. So we can trust them implicitly to do the right thing?

And, by the way, he was not an administrator at Leeds. he was Chairman.

what you opinion of the right thing is, is clearly very different from thiers otherwise you wouldn't be so critical. who are you or I to judge, we just have opinions

However, they are the insolvency practitioners and we are not, they have the books, the debt and the task of saving the company whilst we do not

Spot on. Sorry but people are moaning about something that not many of us understand. If vale gets a new owner after coming through admin. That's all we can hope for and the administrators have done there job

what you opinion of the right thing is, is clearly very different from thiers otherwise you wouldn't be so critical. who are you or I to judge, we just have opinions

However, they are the insolvency practitioners and we are not, they have the books, the debt and the task of saving the company whilst we do not

They also said there was no need to ship out players, yet under the next breath an agent was employed to sound out bids!

Trust.

Who is being "so critical"?

I just questioned the honesty of the situation regarding players being touted around for sale.

And then I am asking what people think about Mr Krasner.

Why are you so defensive of the administrators? I don't understand. Have the SC become too close to them such that you cannot remain impartial? I would hope not.

Surely it is in our interests to watch what is going on. We may not be able to do much, but supporters are still stakeholders in a sense. Don't you agree?

Gerald Krasner concerns me, especially when he mentioned CVA regarding the Vale. When he was Administrator at Bournemouth, they failed to exit CVA in time and they were docked 17 points in total.

I understand that most times clubs have failed it is because the tax man has had more than a 25% stake and they will always vote against if there are creditors treated in a preferential status

The taxman does not have a 25% share and Bob and Gerald were quietly confident, with some hard work, they could secure a CVA

I believe the SC could play an important part in that process too but more of that later

I understand that most times clubs have failed it is because the tax man has had more than a 25% stake and they will always vote against if there are creditors treated in a preferential status

The taxman does not have a 25% share and Bob and Gerald were quietly confident, with some hard work, they could secure a CVA

I believe the SC could play an important part in that process too but more of that later

The SC or the SC committee?

Who is being "so critical"?

I just questioned the honesty of the situation regarding players being touted around for sale.

And then I am asking what people think about Mr Krasner.

Why are you so defensive of the administrators? I don't understand. Have the SC become too close to them such that you cannot remain impartial? I would hope not.

Surely it is in our interests to watch what is going on. We may not be able to do much, but supporters are still stakeholders in a sense. Don't you agree?

The SC, I thought we were on about me?

The SC is nearly 1,400 people. I don't speak for anyone apart from me, as for am I too close, Hold on, I'll ask Bob and Gerald, they're just having tea in the kitchen

I'll let you know tomorrow as we're off out for the night soon and he just needs to make a quick phone call to RS before we go out :D

As for "impartial" I fully understand the very difficult job they have to do, I am not aware they will be bidding for the club or are in competition with anyone else so I'm unsure what you mean by impartial.

I must say I find it amazing that some are very quick to jump on the backs of the administrators who's job is to save our club yet they were slow to jump on the backs of former directors. Adams seems gobby and upset all of a sudden yet silence off him for months and month regarding the people who created this mess

It just strikes me that some people are blaming the wrong people and too late

Lovely pop their.

Its comments like that which will help turn the SC back into the basket csae it once was.

This thread isn't helpful nor constructive.

You are so wrong!!! I was merely wondering if the fans were required to do anything or if the committee was doing it on our behalf.

I don't have a 'pop' under any circumstances, if I've got something to say, I say it.

Archived