onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SC collection

Megavaliant

Advert

That equates to less than £1.50 per PV supporter at their time of great need. Sorry, but I think that is pretty poor when you see how many people put notes into the buckets.

However, thanks to all who did donate and let's keep it going on saturday.

Difficult to equate really,as many went with families or couples and probably put in one donation!Our 3 put over £20 to the cause plus purchases from shop:yes:

Does anyone know how much money we take on the gate on an average Saturday? Just wondered how much we are actually putting back into the pot, and whether the increased gate receipts would actually cover the day-to-day running costs of the club (less the debt, obviously)?

Are we reducing the amount of debt by turrning up in numbers, or just helping to pay off some of the creditors?

These are genuine questions as i'm not too 'clued up' on the effects of admistration on finances, debts, and the implications to potential investors.

Does any of the debt get written off in administration, or get carried over to a potential buyer?

Another 6 games at that sort of level would be a huge boost to the survival effort.

Imagine if the fans are able to provide £40k plus towards the survival effort just from the collections.

I know times are tough, but this is our club and it is our duty to try to save it.

Does anyone know how much money we take on the gate on an average Saturday? Just wondered how much we are actually putting back into the pot, and whether the increased gate receipts would actually cover the day-to-day running costs of the club (less the debt, obviously)?

Are we reducing the amount of debt by turrning up in numbers, or just helping to pay off some of the creditors?

These are genuine questions as i'm not too 'clued up' on the effects of admistration on finances, debts, and the implications to potential investors.

Does any of the debt get written off in administration, or get carried over to a potential buyer?

It will be a bit of both Whitto as eventually if you don't pay the running costs, they become creditors in any case.

Talk is that the club needs £500k to see the season through. If we can contribute say 10% of that it will be a massive boost to the survival effort.

The way it works (roughly) is that the administrator will take over the club and try to get as much as possible back on behalf of the people who are owed money. That either means a fire sale of assets and liquidation in the worst case scenario, or if it's viable, getting somebody will come in and try to take it over as a going concern.

After a buyer makes a bid to buy the club from the administrator for what they think it's worth, and a creditors meeting is convened. If 75% of the creditors (ie 75% of the debt) vote to accept the bid, whatever the buyer pays to the administrator is distributed between them depending on priority.

Some creditors will lose out, whereas others may have to be paid by the administrator if they are needed to keep the club running.

I presume the money raised will go, along with gate receipts and other money coming in, towards the costs of keeping the club running until a buyer is found, and also paying the costs of administrators, who charge quite handsomely for their time, while SoT CC as the largest creditor have agreed to underwrite the shortfall.

I want to know which is the best way to contribute to the survival of the club. Is it through gate receipts, or would i be better donating the £30 or so that i spend each home game straight to the supporters club, to be spent on players wages?

I don't want to be helping to pay off the clubs debts if many would be 'wiped clean' by admin. I'd rather spend my money on paying staff and players wages.

Does anyone know which way benifits the club/players more, and what effect it has on the administration process?

Thanks for that saintvaliant and santa. In short then, if i was to pay my cash directly to the SC fund, i would be helping to increase the amount of total debt, and thus increase the price to a potential buyer?

If thats correct, we are all best turning up on matchdays as this will help to secure a future for Port Vale.

Any spare cash can still go into the bucket!

£6640 was raised last night and £1042 on sunday, according to 'ValeSupporters' on twitter!, amazed!

I'm disappointed in that. To say most put notes in the buckets I feel this is crap. I am far from flush but I managed to donate £100 and even visited the shop today and bought as much merchandise as I could afford.

£6640 was raised last night and £1042 on sunday, according to 'ValeSupporters' on twitter!, amazed!

Thats great work by honest hard working vale fans. Has Mo donaited anything yet? Maybe he could add to this to make up the wage bill for Feb so the players get there paycheck, minus deakins salary of course. ALL vale fans chipping in together!

Well done all!

This is bringing a tear to my eye. I've supported the Vale for over 50 years and the generosity of the fans never ceases to amaze me. The local economy is not going through the best of times to say the least and yet people will still dig deep into their pockets to save their club. Truly moving - I'm absolutely proud to be a Vale fan.

Archived