Sentinel: 'Excitement and slight worry' - Port Vale fans give verdict on season so far

News Feed

I think as long as over 46 games we are positive as can be and GO FOR IT there is no reason whatsoever we cannot have a successful campaign. 

Not going single out individual's as if we are to be doing well and in  contention at the business end of the season we need every player to play well most weeks but the signs are good on what I have  seen so far and is always a pleasing sign when what players are entering the fray from the bench they  have something about them too .

Can only be good I'd like a cup run very  disappointed that the ref took away our run in the league Cup but theres always the FA cup no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for semi finals minimum yes you will laugh but I see a lot of good in this Vale squad so prove me right .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Can only be good I'd like a cup run very  disappointed that the ref took away our run in the league Cup but theres always the FA cup no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for semi finals minimum yes you will laugh but I see a lot of good in this Vale squad so prove me right .

UTV 

We may have the making of a solid defence but Its not 1954... 5th round would be spectacular, but anythings a bonus..

I'd much rather we get out of this basement, kick and hope, talentless league..

We may have the making of a solid defence but Its not 1954... 5th round would be spectacular, but anythings a bonus..
I'd much rather we get out of this basement, kick and hope, talentless league..
All depends on the luck of the draw, 5 out of 6 rounds we were drawn away. But as then the League is the priority.
  • Like 1

No reason why we shouldn't have a cup run and a successful league campaign? With some of the top clubs - and even Championship ones - dismissing Cups as an irrelevance, there's often a League 1 or 2 side sneaks into the semis - why not us? 

No reason why we shouldn't have a cup run and a successful league campaign? With some of the top clubs - and even Championship ones - dismissing Cups as an irrelevance, there's often a League 1 or 2 side sneaks into the semis - why not us? 
I am not aware that a 4th tier team has ever played in a FA cup semi-final, we were the first 3north, Millwall the first 3south 1937. It would be a great achievement for us to do so again.