onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumours, Rumours, Rumours.......

Memphis

Advert

We should all focus on one thing for the next few weeks - removing the board.

Don't get bogged down with punishing them or pursuing a vendetta. Let's just get them out - I'm pretty sure there will be more than enough opportunity punishing them further at a later date.

Just to add to Ethan & Archies Dad's post:

- The lack of openess concerning the accounts when approached by investors.

- The double talk of Deakin - mainly lying online about paying for shares which we know he didn't/hasn't.

- Mike Lloyd refusing to take any responsibility.

- The current lockdown of Vale Park.

- Peter Miller in general.

- Glenn Oliver in general.

- Bill Bratt for his services to football and the community.

- Lodey - who needs to be sacked for his role of continually aiding these crooks.

- Involving the police and getting them to bully a teenager with a camera.

Let's wake up everyday with first thought of get them out.

Oh I say. :shutup:

Agreed, in fact i'm wondering whether it would be best if OVF shut down for a month..

I'd just like to plead the opposite view. Closing down one site for a month isn't going to stop any rumours. Nowadays you can use any number of forums, facebook and twitter for good and bad.

So, if there's an appetite for rumours, my feeling would be that switching off OVF would merely see those same rumours appear elsewhere.

This is not me being precious or selfish about my site. If it was for the good of Port Vale I would do whatever it takes including switching off OVF but as I say, I just don't think that will solve the problem.

In my view, with the flood of opinions on OVF and elsewhere - you cannot stop them, so it's up to sensible Vale fans to show how pro-boarders are wrong in their views and it's up to rumour mongers to prove that their rumours are true or those rumours will not be believed.

I think the rumour mill on OVF is bang on.

Without it there wouldn't be an outlet for what people think or hear, others wouldn't be able to go and do a bit of digging themselves to see if there is anything at all in the rumour and if that didn't happen then we wouldn't know anywhere near the amount of underhand things that have happened or are happening by our esteemed fraud, i mean board members that we do actually know as truth or fact.

Keep 'em coming i say, in my experience theres very rarely smoke without fire, good or bad, rumours have actually helped us in a big way during the recent past.

Whilst there is some benefit to rumours in terms of raisng awarenesss about potential issues, the strong point that Memphis makes, is how quickly these rumours become asssumed as fact (within about 20 posts on a thread normally!!!).

The next three weeks should be a time of calm and calculated behaviour rather than hysteria. You can't listen to sound if your sounding off, so to speak.

Also, whilst MOLD continue to do their business behind closed doors (oo-er), much of the fans campaigns are conducted in public on this website. I'm all for transparency, but I trust the people now leading the SC are astute enough to keep some conversations private, so as not to show their hand too soon. I would ask that we trust and support the SC over the next few weeks. Remember, united strength is stronger.

Whilst there is some benefit to rumours in terms of raisng awarenesss about potential issues, the strong point that Memphis makes, is how quickly these rumours become asssumed as fact (within about 20 posts on a thread normally!!!).

Bang on me owd, bang on!

I fully agree with Memphis' opening post.

It was pretty recently that a couple of my mates were on an obvious wind up about Sean Hawkins being a lottery winner living in some ridiculous place doing some ridiculous job.

Next thing I know folk are on the radio banging on about him being a potential saviour.

Hawkins can barely dress himself, never mind anything else.

It was funny but also pretty alarming at how quick that rumour became reality amongst many. It wasn't even a subtle wind up, it was ridiculous.

I fully agree with Memphis' opening post.

It was pretty recently that a couple of my mates were on an obvious wind up about Sean Hawkins being a lottery winner living in some ridiculous place doing some ridiculous job.

Next thing I know folk are on the radio banging on about him being a potential saviour.

Hawkins can barely dress himself, never mind anything else.

This fact alone makes him an ideal candidate for the board!

I don't see why OVF should shut down for a month or any time at all, an absurd suggestion. People should be able to decide for themselves which rumours have any substance, partly based on who is posting them.

Should we shut down the Daily Express and all the other daft tabloids for their totally incorrect headlines (Express in October and November had 4 or 5 'Killer Arctic weather coming our way in the next week' just before very mild weather for example.

Archived