onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

4 points off Promotion

ValeMadrid87

People don't seem to get this at all.

He didn't say everything is going to be fine and we're going to get promoted. It's just trying to inject a bit of optimism.

I know that our team is nowhere near good enough for L1, and promotion would probably mean relegation next year, but for all those moaning about being angry and upset every weekend, maybe it will make a small difference.

Even if all the **** with the board is going on, at least us getting points on the board and watching us win a few would give people something good to feel about at a time like this, that's all.

I have a season ticket, and even though I know we're in deep ****, I know I'd prefer to see us win most weeks, instead of coming home feeling bored and frustrated with it all.

It does feel sometimes like people want us to keep losing, because as soon as we win, there are a lot of people moaning at those who have a bit of optimism. It's alright to talk about something different for a change.

Advert

People don't seem to get this at all.

He didn't say everything is going to be fine and we're going to get promoted. It's just trying to inject a bit of optimism.

I know that our team is nowhere near good enough for L1, and promotion would probably mean relegation next year, but for all those moaning about being angry and upset every weekend, maybe it will make a small difference.

Even if all the **** with the board is going on, at least us getting points on the board and watching us win a few would give people something good to feel about at a time like this, that's all.

I have a season ticket, and even though I know we're in deep ****, I know I'd prefer to see us win most weeks, instead of coming home feeling bored and frustrated with it all.

It does feel sometimes like people want us to keep losing, because as soon as we win, there are a lot of people moaning at those who have a bit of optimism. It's alright to talk about something different for a change.

You may some valid points, but the truth is that people just don't care all that much any more about results. I know how bad that sounds, but it is true is a lot of ways. The club with its disgusting behaviour at boardroom level has destroyed the joy for many of us.

I'm very glad we won, but - alas - I see it as a guard against relegation rather than as the start of a promotion push.

With all this doom and gloom about..

We are not far away from promotion.. 19 games too play and we are 4 points off promotion...

I know this could be hopeful talk but we are not looking too bad in the tables despite us not having a win in 4 games before rovrum..

There still maybe abit of hope.. My opinion is it's all down too the next 5 games, I feel if we can get points going then we may have a chance, not getting excited due too everything that's going on.. But if we get points from the next 5.. heads will be lifted and we could get ourselves on a good run...

Don't get me wrong I know we have played ***** for months but even if we can carry on grinding scrappy matches into points then that's all we need..

Up the vale..

I will have what your drinking or smoking:shifty:

Sounds rather similar to last year. We looked in with a chance then, but the reality is this league is full of very small clubs who we always tend to be a step ahead of over the course of a season, but there is always a small number that are ahead of us who have money to spend or have the pressure of less expectation. It was Stevenage who ended it last year late on and Bournemouth the year before. Both were higher in the table and both looked fairly comfortable in beating us. It is the same with all the other clubs ahead of us. This division is split into half that are strong league 1 clubs and another half who would be lucky to stay in the conference with their squads but do so because you can only relegate 2 dire teams a year.

And you know, I know the team is playing **** of lately.. but why not have hope?

If you all want too live in the land of depressed 24/7 then that's your choice... But that's abit sad don't you think...

The whole situation is sad...

We are inconsistant.....thats why we are mid table!!! we win a couple give us fans optimism then go on to lose the next three against teams that we should be beating....inconsistent...once we get more tighter at the back and solid going forward, scoring goals again for fun like we were at the start of the season then we will be MID TABLE TEAM!!

I dont know why the people that don't want us to get promoted dont just go and support another team.

I also care whether we win or lose, it doesn't mean I'm happy with things off the pitch - in fact I want to know where Miller is and the money too, and need a fast answer - but that is a seperate issue from the way the team play and whether they win or lose.

we are 4 points off promotion..
we currently have 38 points, 4 more points would only put us on 42 points.

Last season to get guaranteed promotion you needed 80 points and even to get the last play off place was 68 points. So i think we will need more than 4 more points.

:doh:

Archived