onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Valiant 2001: How to loose even more fans!

Packmoor Valiant

This week I was looking forward to buying my eldest boy his first proper football strip. For years I had looked forward to this moment, when he would be the fifth generation of Vale fan in the family. I have spent months rehersing with him and his younger brother, shouting "Come on Vale", much to the detriment of my wifes hearing!

One problem, I have sworn not to put another penny into the hands of this bunch of low life who are running "OUR" club. Even if buying a boys strip kept them in power for anothe minute it would be a minute to long. Because I fear that for every minute they remain in control the greater the threat to our beloved club. To the extent that I believe that if they are not removed soon then there will be no club for my sons to support. Members of my family have been watching (and suffering for it!) the Vale for over 100 years. We may never have been a great club, or a big club, but we have always been a proud club and now we are an embarrasment in every sense of the word.

I am embarrased now that my son's first strip wont be a Vale strip and that future fans of the club and it's future lifeblood, will never have an interest in Port Vale, there may be no Vale. It is a pity that the Board will not be able to see the disappointment on my son's face, so that they can understand the hurt they are causing to many hundreds of people. to think that today Oliver states he is working to "protect the club from Protestors" like you and I and everyone else who truly cares for the club.

The board should truly hang their head in shame for they are the greatest embarrasment of all. Has there ever been in recent years a more disreputable board than this one, anywhere?

I only hope my son's love of football continues to grow even if not for his Dads beloved Vale. I feel like burning the goalposts and putting the ashes in an urn, with an inscription "Here in lies the ashes of Port Vale Football Club, a once proud football club"

Advert

Why not check Ebay and get him one off there? It might not be this seasons but at least it's the right strip and you'd know you've not contributed to the MOLD slush fund.

Good idea. A good second hand old strip will be better than the tat they currently sell new too.

I feel much the same been mulling over buying my grandson his first strip

The board past and present have alot to answer for especially oliver, and bratt

To be honest I wouldn't buy the tat that it is now anyway.My Grandson had one last season but I didn't get him one this season.Got him an England top instead .Tin hat on.:D

Why not check Ebay and get him one off there? It might not be this seasons but at least it's the right strip and you'd know you've not contributed to the MOLD slush fund.

I've got an old top I would gladly give to make sure that a local lad becomes a future Vale fan without contributing to MOLD. I'm sure there are many others that are the same :yes:

To be honest I wouldn't buy the tat that it is now anyway.My Grandson had one last season but I didn't get him one this season.Got him an England top instead .Tin hat on.:D

I need a tin hat as well because I got him an England kit! He might as well suffer like the rest of the nation and not just a few thousand of us! could not bring myself to buy another clubs strip. although I did consider Barcelona for a while:)

My eldest is 4 in three weeks time. I too have considered buying him his first strip. He wants a Manchester United top, but the two of us have always joked about Port Vale being the best team in the world.

Sad I know, but he wont be getting a Vale shirt or any other shirt for that matter. We'll probably go out for a nice family meal instead.

Our club is dead.

I need a tin hat as well because I got him an England kit! He might as well suffer like the rest of the nation and not just a few thousand of us! could not bring myself to buy another clubs strip. although I did consider Barcelona for a while:)

I've got an XL mens from last season if that helps ,unopened.Maybe you can fit both the kids in it.Dunner worry PV they'll be wearing the shirt soon enough.;)

This week I was looking forward to buying my eldest boy his first proper football strip. For years I had looked forward to this moment, when he would be the fifth generation of Vale fan in the family. I have spent months rehersing with him and his younger brother, shouting "Come on Vale", much to the detriment of my wifes hearing!

One problem, I have sworn not to put another penny into the hands of this bunch of low life who are running "OUR" club. Even if buying a boys strip kept them in power for anothe minute it would be a minute to long. Because I fear that for every minute they remain in control the greater the threat to our beloved club. To the extent that I believe that if they are not removed soon then there will be no club for my sons to support. Members of my family have been watching (and suffering for it!) the Vale for over 100 years. We may never have been a great club, or a big club, but we have always been a proud club and now we are an embarrasment in every sense of the word.

I am embarrased now that my son's first strip wont be a Vale strip and that future fans of the club and it's future lifeblood, will never have an interest in Port Vale, there may be no Vale. It is a pity that the Board will not be able to see the disappointment on my son's face, so that they can understand the hurt they are causing to many hundreds of people. to think that today Oliver states he is working to "protect the club from Protestors" like you and I and everyone else who truly cares for the club.

The board should truly hang their head in shame for they are the greatest embarrasment of all. Has there ever been in recent years a more disreputable board than this one, anywhere?

I only hope my son's love of football continues to grow even if not for his Dads beloved Vale. I feel like burning the goalposts and putting the ashes in an urn, with an inscription "Here in lies the ashes of Port Vale Football Club, a once proud football club"

Mo has posted this on his facebook page

Send a copy of this to the Sentinel.

Chris (packmoor valiant) I feel your pain. We have discussed this problem for many hours, to the point where we just don't discuss it now because we wind each other up.

I remember last June at the EGM....you were in France and I was standing your proxy. So many emotions that day.....the high of getting some of the buggers out, the low of the other buggers staying in.....and then the confusion of where it would all lead!

Seven months on and you and I would never have dreamt this current scenario! Our minds aren't warped enough to think such horrors!! Where will it end chris?

My daughter is 13 nearly 14, soon enough she won't want to be seen with her dad. Its not cool...I am missing out spending an afternoon up the vale with her.

My son is 10, he's never been interested in the vale and all because of this board. They have taken vale into a steady decline of misery with mistake after mistake, bad decisions after bad decisions!! Everytime I have taken him to vale there has been problems there whether it be bad football or glover or Gannon etc ....the list is endless. They have killed a generation of kids/youths interest. It's all about sjoke and really can you blame them?? You go to a football match to be entertained. It's misery at the vale for one reason or another!! The blue print for success is just a few miles down the road!!!

It's not rocket science!!! Old boys clubs don't work!!

Archived