onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forget Promotion folks

old sage

Hadn;t the rot set in before MA left for pastures new OS?....things were not right at VP even back then

No, simple as that. Before Morecambe we had not lost in 8 games. Then we lost to Morecambe which we didn't deserve to. Gillingham and Rotherham were down to the confusion over Micky going/going/gone.

Advert

I am worried about our fitness levels. Grew is vale through snd through, no doubt. But, my concern is that he is "one of the lads" in the way Foyle was. Wasn't it posted that MA would not have stood for the way Grew and Horse do training ie jacuzzi's etc?

Whilst we will be there or there abouts come the end, I just cannot see it this year.

Looking at the bigger and long term picture, would promotion be a bad thing?

Ultimately, I think so. This board cannot afford to fund an assault on league one. We would be fighting a relegation battle from the fist day of the season, attendances would dwindle and cash flow would become a problem in my opinion. I would certainly take the removal of the current incumbents over promotion this seasons, for our long term stability.

The fitness can be regained relatively quickly QUOTE]

Why then has Grew given them today off? After all our so called "best" players havent played that much since Christmas so can`t be that tired?

He hasn't really. Wednesday is the players normal day off. The only ones in will be those needing treatment.

Lets console ourselves with if we fail to get in the playoffs though it pains me to say it as I believed we were racing certs for promotion before a ball was kicked this season.That our biggest problem will be forced out of Vale park as I think promotion was vital to their plans. That said how the idiots expected to fund the player budget to support a L1 club is a mystery.

That says it all to me that you would rather have the board out than get promoted. what is the point of the club if you don't want the team to do the best it can and reach the highest league that it can.

Short term pain for long term gain. Unless of course you want to see the current board remain should we gain promotion, us struggle in league one with a BSP budget, attendances dwindling and little cash coming into the club, leading us into administration later down the line.

I personally would prefer to see us miss out on promotion this season. See a board in place who can take us to the Championship, maximise our potential and secure our long term future.

There's a bigger picture to look at.

He hasn't really. Wednesday is the players normal day off. The only ones in will be those needing treatment.

To be honest though Chris under the circumstances i would have had the team in for a couple of hours to watch last nights video to see where we went wrong.

Maybe a liitle limber up and off to the Gym for a stretch and a sauna......Followed by a bit of bingo.

That says it all to me that you would rather have the board out than get promoted. what is the point of the club if you don't want the team to do the best it can and reach the highest league that it can.
A question : Does a builder construct a big building on sand?. No of course he doesnt the foundations must be strong and its no good getting promotion to then be relegated again the following year.

Our board is that sand, upon which we cannot possibly build a firm and sound club.

We need to be ready to compete in a league 1 sadly V2001 are unable or unwilling to put up the cash necessary to survive in a higher division.===

To gain promotion this season now after all the turmoil is a 'Big' ask.

Last night proved just what 74 days of Gannon has done allied to the loss of the so-called "messiah" Micky.

Link that however you choose to the boardroom antics and negative media attention etc, the club has been dragged to it's ****.

Can we get promotion? (Positives)

This league is not so strong (Chesterfield exempt).

We have a good defence and keepers (That hasn't changed)

We have probably the best striker (Marc Richards)

Tom Pope can offer the only real aerial threat if he remains

We have Great Supporters

Against:

What we don't have is wingers who provide a cutting edge and midfielders offering goal threat.

Rob Taylor and Haldane were fantastic last season but this season for numerous physical/ mental reasons (and GANNON) they're way off the pace and confidence is low.

The reliance of a Gary Roberts miracle pass or goal may prove costly and is desperate.

Gaz has bags of skill but must be utilised in a coherent midfield unit effectively

(Paul Scoles of old is an example at a higher level)

I think we can still run close but MUST beat Bury and Lincoln and not lose at Torquay.

Archived