onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blue Sky and other clubs

Vale

I must have missed all the frequent trips to America that EasyJet and RyanAir schedule in! Or Jet2's non-stop from Liverpool John Lennon to Orlando International! :rolleyes:

If you're lucky, you can get a one way flight to America for £350. That's £700 return. A squad of 18 players, coaching squad of 5 and physio and admin staff, and the travelling party is between 27 and 30 people. 27 * £700 = £19k. Then you have the cost of working visa's, because you can't just travel into America on the Visa Waver form (which you have to pay for now anyway) if you're going to work. A quick Google search suggests £60 per visa. So that's nearly 2 grand on VISA's.

So you've used up nearly half of that £50k on getting to and from America and into it. That's before you take into account accomodation costs, travelling costs, as well as shipping costs getting any additional kit in that you may need.

All of a sudden, that £50k goes pretty quickly.

:rolleyes:

Vale are going to Florida next year aren't they? Thomson will do you a 10 night stay with flights for 800 quid. Multiply that by, say, 25 and you get £20,000. Add on a few quid for visas and you've still got more than half the 50k going spare. And don't forget the group discounts!! I'm not using you as my travel agent, Twitters. :D

Advert

Vale are going to Florida next year aren't they? Thomson will do you a 10 night stay with flights for 800 quid. Multiply that by, say, 25 and you get £20,000. Add on a few quid for visas and you've still got more than half the 50k going spare. And don't forget the group discounts!! I'm not using you as my travel agent, Twitters. :D

Now consider also 4 x pre-season friendlies at the Nantwich estimate of £6,000 gate reciepts and the coaching workshops and it pretty much pays for itself.....so it would seem like the 400k there is no 50k.

Forget the combined 100k anual sponsorship of Vale and Yeovil as no money will go into either club so Bluesky get the rights to pre-season tours for 10 years for free.....so it looks like yet another fictional million quid....the tours could even turn a profit only not for the clubs.

When Yeovil get back into league 1 will they want to be playing college teams as preperation for the season and isn't it somewhat cheaper for Vale to simply use the Nantwich facilities over winter.

I see some of you guys are still fishing to catch problems with our deal with BS. Come on Guys do you really think Hank is out to rob 2 football league clubs , give it a rest ,stop been paranoid and enjoy the moment ........ while it lasts :D:D ..

what have we got to enjoy

exactly what are the details

That might work for some, but the idea of using package holidays for a trip like that is pretty cheapskate. And you can't expect the lads to eat with Fred and Myrtle on their annual beach holiday can you? Nevertheless, Florida may prove cheaper than Seattle or California, on the basis of distance and competitive flight costs. But on average you can expect more than your 800 quid a person.

Anyway, Hank is paying the bill.

Now consider also 4 x pre-season friendlies at the Nantwich estimate of £6,000 gate reciepts and the coaching workshops and it pretty much pays for itself.....so it would seem like the 400k there is no 50k.

Forget the combined 100k anual sponsorship of Vale and Yeovil as no money will go into either club so Bluesky get the rights to pre-season tours for 10 years for free.....so it looks like yet another fictional million quid....the tours could even turn a profit only not for the clubs.

When Yeovil get back into league 1 will they want to be playing college teams as preperation for the season and isn't it somewhat cheaper for Vale to simply use the Nantwich facilities over winter.

they are already there.....

Not long now 2/3 weeks and we will ALL no ..;) ... being in the NO is killing me ..

Hmmm - "2 to 3 weeks"

"Not long now"

"in the know..."

All we need is a "tic toc" and its back about 6 months in a heartbeat.

Fact is, this is all nonsense and it will be the usual nothing.

Club has no extra money, but one or two have extra perks.

Same old same old.

Hmmm - "2 to 3 weeks"

"Not long now"

"in the know..."

All we need is a "tic toc" and its back about 6 months in a heartbeat.

Fact is, this is all nonsense and it will be the usual nothing.

Club has no extra money, but one or two have extra perks.

Same old same old.

And...?

What is it we actually need in your opinion that we need? It is not millions of pounds to get out this division, that is for sure.

I pay my £20.50 on a Saturday, and i want to see my team win -playing good attacking football. Most teams in this league dont have a pot to **** in - you just need discipline, fitness and a hard work ethic.

So the semantics of the deal dont really interest me, other than i will be facing more yellow seats next season in the Lorne Street.

And...?

What is it we actually need in your opinion that we need? It is not millions of pounds to get out this division, that is for sure.

I pay my £20.50 on a Saturday, and i want to see my team win -playing good attacking football. Most teams in this league dont have a pot to **** in - you just need discipline, fitness and a hard work ethic.

So the semantics of the deal dont really interest me, other than i will be facing more yellow seats next season in the Lorne Street.

Fair enough - get on with it then, I'm not stopping you.

But - let's be honest - the team isn't good enough to go up so it needs something. They may be fit, they may be disciplined, they may work hard, but they ain't good enough. Explain that...maybe it won't take millions but something is needed.

Also, you're only interested in more seats in the Lorne Street (if that ever comes to pass)?! That's more interesting than having a better team?

Only Vale fans could be actively against investing in the side. If they chucked **** at some of you, you'd say thanks.

Anyway, it is not my information so ask Grebovale what is going that is so exciting.

Fair enough - get on with it then, I'm not stopping you.

But - let's be honest - the team isn't good enough to go up so it needs something. They may be fit, they may be disciplined, they may work hard, but they ain't good enough. Explain that...maybe it won't take millions but something is needed.

Also, you're only interested in more seats in the Lorne Street (if that ever comes to pass)?! That's more interesting than having a better team?

Only Vale fans could be actively against investing in the side. If they chucked **** at some of you, you'd say thanks.

Anyway, it is not my information so ask Grebovale what is going that is so exciting.

Im not interested in looking at yellow seats facing me, my point was - that maybe all that does change off the pitch that is visible..but i try not to get too embroiled in what is maybe happening behind the scenes, im interested on what goes on the pitch - and despite everything, i believe there maybe enough to get out of here with some fine tuning.

Archived