onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stone Roses To Reform?

Memphis

but when u go see bands like stone roses, oasis, happy mondays, charlatans u dont expect pavarotti, its just the feel of the music and bein in a crowd with thousands of people who have one thing in common and thats the band that you are watching. i went to see paul mccartney at hide park last year and it was amazing but then i went see pulp in july and it was my favourite gig ive been too, if anyones expecting brown to belt out some tunes then they are going be disappointed so you may as well go watch adele. The whole feel of the gig is gonna be amazing, wait till you hear the first few chords of waterfall or i wanna be adored, your hairs will stand on end

lol

Advert

Just got this e-mail from my 19 year old daughter "Dad! The stone roses are playing a few gigs in spring. Can you be persuaded to go to another reunion?" So some young person thinks it's a good idea! The "other" reunion was Magazine. I was reluctant, but went along and they were excellent. Used to live next door to the Stone Roses, in our Mersey paradise in Chorlton. Used to complain about the noise they made practising in their basement at the time. Until we worked out they were dead good that is.

Chorlton is one of the nicest areas in Manc, 2nd only to West Didsbury.

Walking distance to the Mersey nature park where "the river splashes against the rocks". Of all the places I've lived, (including Amsterdam) Chorlton was the best. A right good mix of people, in a place with a top atmosphere and environment. West Didsbury was good, but too many students. I'm biased of couse (plus the Stone Roses didn't live in West Didsbury).

Did some minding when Brown played at the Talbot on his whistlestop tour. Looked after his drink and kept the girls away. Got some signed pics too.

I always had you down as an old git, who probably wouldn't have heard of this new fangle rock and roll thing. Apologies. Thinking about it, probably you would have been in your late 30's? Time just flies by and just goes to show that the distinction between generations is now so blurred.

I always had you down as an old git, who probably wouldn't have heard of this new fangle rock and roll thing. Apologies. Thinking about it, probably you would have been in your late 30's? Time just flies by and just goes to show that the distinction between generations is now so blurred.

You need to see my record collection and used gig tickets.:D

Was a regular at the Wheatsheaf and on the committee there.

There are few bands I want to see but havent.

I am an old git all the same.

Not up to Crabby standards yet.

Archived