onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myth

geosname

What difference to the performances on the pitch, will the completion of the Robbie Willaims suite or the now apparently pivotal CW training facilities have?

I attend Vale Park on a Saturday/Tuesday ( occasional Friday ) in the hope of seeing the 1st team gain a further 3pts and climb out of this awful basement league. Anything else that the club provides is secondary.

Advert

What difference to the performances on the pitch, will the completion of the Robbie Willaims suite or the now apparently pivotal CW training facilities have?

I attend Vale Park on a Saturday/Tuesday ( occasional Friday ) in the hope of seeing the 1st team gain a further 3pts and climb out of this awful basement league. Anything else that the club provides is secondary.

Well we could spend £2m on the team today on players that could end up injured or just leave on a free after we get promotion, leaving us with a weakened side and no other additional funds with which to replace them resulting in later relegation and future financial trouble...

...or we could invest the £2m into facilities that would bring in an additional turnover into the club of £1m/year, meaning an additional £10m generated over a 10 year period and a sound basis for future purchase of players, even if we lose some to injury or they go on a free!

Well we could spend £2m on the team today on players that could end up injured or just leave on a free after we get promotion, leaving us with a weakened side and no other additional funds with which to replace them resulting in later relegation and future financial trouble...

...or we could invest the £2m into facilities that would bring in an additional turnover into the club of £1m/year, meaning an additional £10m generated over a 10 year period and a sound basis for future purchase of players, even if we lose some to injury or they go on a free!

Where has this £2Million figure come from? I've not asked for £2Million to be spent on the 1st team, but considering the deficiencies our team currently has and the need to get out of this awful basement division, then i expect more from this super investment ( that you seem to sing from the rooftops about..... ) than a loan signing and a short term contract to an unattached player.

If 10 years time is the selling point of this deal, then forgive me for not joining your celebrations. 10 years is a long time........ I had to endure Bratt and co for less.... and that felt like a ****ing eternity!

Where has this £2Million figure come from? I've not asked for £2Million to be spent on the 1st team, but considering the deficiencies our team currently has and the need to get out of this awful basement division, then i expect more from this super investment ( that you seem to sing from the rooftops about..... ) than a loan signing and a short term contract to an unattached player.

If 10 years time is the selling point of this deal, then forgive me for not joining your celebrations. 10 years is a long time........ I had to endure Bratt and co for less.... and that felt like a ****ing eternity!

Read the post from the person I quoted who would rather see the money spent on the RW suite spent on the team.

But I guess from reading all of your post, you are the immovable rock. I suggest you re-read my post and think about it!

We have to hope, we may be proved wrong, that the RW suite brings in more money after Azure have had thier cut, than it costs to do and run. This will depend on match days by the quality on the pitch, and also on being in a higher league, this can only be achieved by modest investment in the team, this is what I wait to see. I am aware that functions will contribute also in keeping it busy 7 days a week.

Apparently, Blue Sky are hoping to buy it at a "knock down price" will refurb it, Vale will run it and keep any profit it makes! Mike Lloyd apparently knows nothing about it, but questions have been asked of the council, still waiting for answers.

That's it? That sounds like a positive thing to me (apart from Lloyd not knowing about it) - why the furore?

Apparently, Blue Sky are hoping to buy it at a "knock down price" will refurb it, Vale will run it and keep any profit it makes! Mike Lloyd apparently knows nothing about it, but questions have been asked of the council, still waiting for answers.

but its supposed to be hush hush,but was leaked out on here.

I'm genuinely confused. On the DF thread people were getting all worked up about him not revealing what was happening with Dimensions and making it sound like some great scandal. Unless I'm missing something it sounds like a good idea!

It is, or maybe was. But negotiations are a sensitive thing and political aspects have to be considered.

i.e. How does this reflect on the council that they are having to sell off a business that they can't run to a private organisation that could turn it around to a success? How does this impact peoples jobs at Dimensions? What other local businesses are impacted? What other environmental factors are going to be affected, i.e. will local residents complain?

Now the cat is out of the bag, there is a very good chance the deal has been scuppered before it has been given a chance to get going!

In return Geo, can we also state that by returning to Vale Park is not a sell out to the old board and that we are trying to all herald the return of Jackson, Meigh and Bratt as some would appear to think!

We too are merely giving this board a period of time to try and prove themselves. Some decide to do so from the outside, others from the inside

This new board have got 18 months to prove themselves to me, til the end of next season. If i feel let down, or we aren't making real efforts to move forward where it matters, ON the pitch, i walk away.

I think thats fair enough.

This new board have got 18 months to prove themselves to me, til the end of next season. If i feel let down, or we aren't making real efforts to move forward where it matters, ON the pitch, i walk away.

I think thats fair enough.

More than fair enough and sounds like a very good timescale to me. I just hope that if all this does come off, people will be as willing to give credit where credit is due.

However, there is just one addition for me. It's not just the on the pitch that matters to me. I also want to see progress off the pitch in reducing the level of debt and seeing season on season profits

More than fair enough and sounds like a very good timescale to me. I just hope that if all this does come off, people will be as willing to give credit where credit is due.

However, there is just one addition for me. It's not just the on the pitch that matters to me. I also want to see progress off the pitch in reducing the level of debt and seeing season on season profits

We have the potential, within 18 months, to be in League 1 and be profitable.

If we get there, then it shows that the new board are achieving their goals.

If we don't, it doesn't mean failure. 18 months is just a good time scale to see improvements. In theory, by the end of the 2012/2013 season, we could have the stadium and training facilities complete, and the debt reduced. Combine that with a team who are in the league above and that would be success in my eyes.

Archived